Just Perfect

jdb in AZ

It could end up curdled
Maybe it's a local thing but lately I've been hearing waiters and clerks say "perfect" over and over -- even more than a waiter on a Disney cruise ship seeking "perfect" ratings.

This morning I was in a shop for less than ten mins and the clerk said "perfect" at least eight times.

Anyone else experiencing the perfect atmosphere in your area of the world?

Maybe it's a local thing but lately I've been hearing waiters and clerks say "perfect" over and over -- even more than a waiter on a Disney cruise ship seeking "perfect" ratings.

This morning I was in a shop for less than ten mins and the clerk said "perfect" at least eight times.

Anyone else experiencing the perfect atmosphere in your area of the world?
No, not that I have noticed. But then I try to run my errands as early as possible in the morning so maybe the perfect people arrive later . . .

It's been a think for a while. Back in 2012, I hired someone who said that all the time. Me: This is how you input the data, do you understand? Her: Yes, perfect. This was her response for just about everything.

The rating thing drives me nuts. It was really hard for me to get used to rating people perfect on satisfaction surveys. I would have thought 9/10 was good, but discovered they often get penalized for not having all the stars. Apparently being a satisfied customer isn't good enough - you have to rate them "perfect."

I haven't really noticed people saying "perfect" that much, but I'll have to start listening for it. Hmm.

Last edited:
I follow someone on Tik Tok who usually films herself making recipes. She’ll hold it up and say it might be perfect..and then she gets up reallllly close to the camera and whispers perfect and it makes me want to rip my ears off. I usually scroll past the video when I know it’s coming up lol

No perfects here that I recall, but many 'no problem' and 'no worry' when I say 'thanks' or 'thank you' to somebody for something. :confused3 And with the ever growing proliferation of Chick-fil-A restaurants, a rise in the 'my pleasure' replies to a 'thank you'.

No perfects here that I recall, but many 'no problem' and 'no worry' when I say 'thanks' or 'thank you' to somebody for something. :confused3 And with the ever growing proliferation of Chick-fil-A restaurants, a rise in the 'my pleasure' replies to a 'thank you'.
Mmmmmm . . . Chick-Fil-A . . . Now that’s perfect! 🐔

So weird that I came across this because I actually said “perfect” today in response to the cashier reading back my order. It stood out to me right after saying it and I thought “that was oddly positive of me…” but I guess I wanted to convey my appreciation for her accuracy. :) It’s not something I say often.

"Of course" is the one that bugs my husband.
"I'll have the salmon." "Of course."
"Thank you." "Of course."

I say "Perfect" when someone is helping me. Two reasons: I figure service folk must get plenty of nit picking/complaining customers all day long, maybe it's a nice break when someone tells them they've done a good job. My second reason is completely selfish. If I order a half pound of turkey at the deli and it's a bit over or under, I just tell them perfect because I don't want to waste time adding or subtracting little slices of meat. :)

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter