Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Give me a sody pop and some ice cream please!

Once we were done with Spaceship Earth, it was time to high tail it over to the backside of Epcot. But, first, we needed to make a stop at First Aid. John was getting a blister on one of his toes and I knew that First Aid would have bandaids. So, instead of going right when we got to the walkway, we made a left and walked over the water.

P5250072 (1024x768).jpg

Anyone else notice the guy in the left of the above picture? :magnify: He has a Cruella hairdo. John made a pit stop while I went in to get the bandaids and Hunter was in charge of the camera again. He took some really nice pictures.

P5250074 (1024x768).jpg

P5250075 (1024x768).jpg

And then this one. :joker:

P5250076 (1024x768).jpg

See those dark clouds behind Hunter's head? Those suckers rolled in quickly and we made a mad dash to the two stores near the boat launches. My pictures this year are all over the place because of my office computer crash. I had them a lot of them sorted before the crash and didn't back them up because I knew that I had them on memory cards, flash drives. I haven't gone back through them to resort them so I'm not going to have them all to post here. We entered the first store and shopped around for a while. I made a mental note to come back and buy at least one of the big wooden spoons that were sold in France. They were long handled and thick and perfect for when I'm doing my canning or making large batches of soup.

After looking around for a while, we decided to run to the next store and take refuge there while waiting on the rain to stop. I took pictures which are, again, amongst those that haven't been sorted yet. This store was crowded and was wall to wall with folks.:crowded: We kept an eye on the rain as we were getting close to the time when we'd have to get outta Epcot and over to our ADR. As soon as it let up enough, we started the fast walk to International Gateway.

DANG IT! The Dis is only letting me load picture by picture again and it's taking forever and a day to get just one uploaded. I'll stop here for now and try to post again when it's not acting wonky.

I hate it when Photobucket is being wonky! Can't it even do what I really want it to?

I can't wait to hear more. Being stuck in the rain at Disney stinks, but thankfully there are plenty of places to seek shelter while waiting for it to let up!

I just found this report, and I'm loving it! I had to laugh at your list of where you would be at what time on your drive--I may or may not have a similar list started for our trip in June ;-) Our trip dates this year are June 5-10, so we may see you around. Unfortunately for us, we couldn't get a discount at CBR, so we are trying CSR for the first time.

All caught up! I was only 15 pages behind. :rotfl: I have a feeling I never finished your last report but I have no idea where I was at this point. But I'm here now and determined to stay caught up so I can comment properly!

0 TO 65...

Nice car! Test Track is always fun.

As is Spaceship Earth. Thanks for sharing John's reason for especially enjoying the ride. I love the pictures of your future. Ours often looks like that!

Bummer on the John's blisters, so early in the trip. Hope that the bandaids take care of it and he isn't miserable for the trip.

Sorry to hear about your Photobucket problems. I know the site can be really glitchy. I just had a big battle with them about a payment of mine they lost. I renewed my Plus account back in August and they kept insisting it expired. I had to contact them a number of times and gave them the payment date and Pay Pal transaction number. "It took awhile for us to research the inquiry". Research??? I GAVE you the info.

I look forward to reading about your meal.

:goodvibes:

Ohana looks so good! I've seen others post their dinners and I think most people enjoy it. I think this should be on our list of a new places to try. I think now that I explained to husband that you can just eat there he as agreeded. I think it was on one of your trips you went to "Spirit of Ahola" (?think that's the name) and the show didn't interest him and he wrote off the restaurant.

Not sure on MS yet. Last time kids were too small so we didn't consider it. Also I think 10 years ago I don't remember if there were two choices. I know I heard it was an intense ride.
Now Test Track and Spaceship Earth that's always a good choice!

Glad Hunter had a good birthday. I mean being at Disney is a good way to start one! Nice to see the older he gets that he still keeps his goofy side.
I'm so excited to see what happens on this trip!

I never thought about the speakers on SE before, but it makes a lot of sense now that you brought it up. I'm glad that there's an attraction that offers that.

The rain can really make the World Showcase congested. Everyone trying to get under covers and/or inside stores. The downside to FL in spring and summer...

John was laughing too and telling him "Boy, you ain't right."

Are you sure you can post those photos on the DIS? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

On Spaceship Earth the speakers are on the back of the ride vehicle so he can rest his head back and actually hear the narration. I know that may sound like a silly reason for him to like it but it's tough when you can't hear well.

Not silly at all. Just lets us get to know John a little better.:thumbsup2

Okay, so the smells are of burning buildings which makes it sound a little weird that he likes it. :rolleyes:

So does he like his steak well done?

Anyone else notice the guy in the left of the above picture? :magnify: He has a Cruella hairdo.

Uh...ok...:confused3

I hate it when Photobucket is being wonky! Can't it even do what I really want it to?

I can't wait to hear more. Being stuck in the rain at Disney stinks, but thankfully there are plenty of places to seek shelter while waiting for it to let up!

This time it was actually the Dis acting wonky and not Photobucket.

I'd much rather be stuck in the rain at Disney than anywhere else!

I just found this report, and I'm loving it! I had to laugh at your list of where you would be at what time on your drive--I may or may not have a similar list started for our trip in June ;-) Our trip dates this year are June 5-10, so we may see you around. Unfortunately for us, we couldn't get a discount at CBR, so we are trying CSR for the first time.

Welcome! I hope that you'll post often and if you do see us, give me a shout! Loudly, 'cause you know that John can't hear well. :)

All caught up! I was only 15 pages behind. :rotfl: I have a feeling I never finished your last report but I have no idea where I was at this point. But I'm here now and determined to stay caught up so I can comment properly!

Well, 15 pages ain't too bad.

0 TO 65...

Nice car! Test Track is always fun.

We love Test Track!

As is Spaceship Earth. Thanks for sharing John's reason for especially enjoying the ride. I love the pictures of your future. Ours often looks like that!

As you well know, goofy faces are our specialty.

Bummer on the John's blisters, so early in the trip. Hope that the bandaids take care of it and he isn't miserable for the trip.

I have no clue why he decided not to wear socks that day, thus the blister.

Sorry to hear about your Photobucket problems. I know the site can be really glitchy. I just had a big battle with them about a payment of mine they lost. I renewed my Plus account back in August and they kept insisting it expired. I had to contact them a number of times and gave them the payment date and Pay Pal transaction number. "It took awhile for us to research the inquiry". Research??? I GAVE you the info.

Don't get me started with Photobucket. They are telling me that I am 99% full on the service that I paid for but even when I delete entire albums, they still show that I'm almost full. Whatever!

I look forward to reading about your meal.

:goodvibes:

Coming up soon!

Ohana looks so good! I've seen others post their dinners and I think most people enjoy it. I think this should be on our list of a new places to try. I think now that I explained to husband that you can just eat there he as agreeded. I think it was on one of your trips you went to "Spirit of Ahola" (?think that's the name) and the show didn't interest him and he wrote off the restaurant.

Not sure on MS yet. Last time kids were too small so we didn't consider it. Also I think 10 years ago I don't remember if there were two choices. I know I heard it was an intense ride.
Now Test Track and Spaceship Earth that's always a good choice!

Glad Hunter had a good birthday. I mean being at Disney is a good way to start one! Nice to see the older he gets that he still keeps his goofy side.
I'm so excited to see what happens on this trip!

The food at Ohana and the luau are similar but the food at Ohana is better in my opinion.

Hunter has not outgrown the goofiness and I don't think that he ever will. I mean look at his parents. We sure haven't outgrown it and we are now 50!

Yes.. it's MUCH appreciated!!!

DARN DIS no picture accepting beast!!!

Hunter is a dang riot and the picture of your future had my laughing SO HARD!

The pictures think drives me nuts. If I upload directly to the Dis is only allows 10 pictures but Photobucket acts a fool all the time.

I never thought about the speakers on SE before, but it makes a lot of sense now that you brought it up. I'm glad that there's an attraction that offers that.

The rain can really make the World Showcase congested. Everyone trying to get under covers and/or inside stores. The downside to FL in spring and summer...

John likes the attractions that he can actually hear what they are saying.

Are you sure you can post those photos on the DIS? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

It's probably questionable but I am a risktaker.

Not silly at all. Just lets us get to know John a little better.:thumbsup2

So does he like his steak well done?

It's funny that you said that becuase he does actually. He likes all of his red meat charred on the outside.

Uh...ok...:confused3

It was definitely a "different" hairstyle.

*Y'all, I can't blame my delay in coming back on the Dis or on Photobucket but I got busy and didn't have a chance to come back. During my time away, I did find the additional pictures that I knew I had taken before so I'll post them here before continuing on with the newest update. Apparently when they restored my office computer, some of my pictures were found and restored but in weird folders. I found these in the 6/14 folder and they were taken in May. Go figure!?!

These was taken on our arrival day and at Disney Springs. These cute little car/boats were new at the time as was The BOATHOUSE.

IMG_0267 (768x1024).jpg

IMG_0268 (768x1024).jpg

The didgeradoo, dijerado,doodaddygerado, the guy who plays the big long horn thingamajig was performing. Love him!

IMG_0269 (768x1024).jpg

I always take a picture of the safe for the folks over on the Caribbean Beach Resort page. The safes were new and larger. That's a full size laptop in there.

IMG_0273 (768x1024).jpg

The circle drive area outside of our building. We pulled in here to unload our car.

IMG_0274 (768x1024).jpg

The view from our doorway. Looking slightly to the right.

IMG_0275 (768x1024).jpg

The resort promenade.

IMG_0277 (768x1024).jpg

Once we were done with the Gospel Brunch, we headed over to the Magic Kingdom and as we were getting in line for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, I took this picture of the line of people trying to get Fastpasses.

IMG_0296 (1024x768).jpg

Bread pudding dessert at Ohana. Yum Yum!

IMG_0301 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

As we were walking back to our resort building, we could see fireworks from the walkway.

IMG_0309 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0310 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0311 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0312 (1024x768).jpg

When I am on vacation, I am always the last one to drag myself back into the room. I want to absorb every single minute and detail. The resort had new signage and I took a picture of the one at the end of the bridge crossing the lake.

IMG_0313 (1024x768).jpg

And before going to bed that evening, I took pictures of the stocked refrigerator in our room. Our fridge had a very small freezer compartment at the top.

IMG_0318 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0319 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

Look who was giving us instructions before we boarded our lunar vehicle on Mission Space:

IMG_0320 (1024x768).jpg

Inside Mission Space. I was Navigator.

IMG_0321 (1024x768).jpg

As I said, after finishing up Test Track, Hunter posted with and in some of the vehicles:

IMG_0323 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_0324 (1024x768).jpg

One of my fellow Magical DIStractions team members was looking for a picture of the FP+ kiosks and this was the best that I could do.
IMG_0327 (1024x768).jpg

Apparently, we made a pit stop or at least I did.
IMG_0330 (1024x768).jpg

At some point in time, we passed the dancing fountain.

P5250069 (768x1024).jpg

before walking over to the First Aid Station:

P5250073 (768x1024).jpg

where John got free band-aids for his toe.

P5250077 (768x1024).jpg

Almost finished with the catch-up pictures and I'm almost back to where I left off. It started raining and we sprinted for these two buildings.

P5250083 (768x1024).jpg

P5250084 (768x1024).jpg

almost there!

P5250086 (768x1024).jpg

annnnnnnd, we're in and I'm taking really bad pictures of merchandise because we were crammed in there like sardines by the time I started snapping pictures.

P5250091 (768x1024).jpg

P5250093 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Attachments

• P5250082 (768x1024).jpg
    P5250082 (768x1024).jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 5
Give me a sody pop and some ice cream please! Cont'd

We kept an eye on the rain as we were getting close to the time when we'd have to get outta Epcot and over to our ADR. As soon as it let up enough, we started the fast walk to International Gateway. It was still sprinkling rain but we really didn't have a choice but to continue on. Otherwise, we'd be late for our lunch ADR. and, just whwere were we going for lunch? We were trying a new to us restaurant...Beach & Cream! The walk is an easy one and a beautiful one to boot. I'd love to stay at Disney's Beach Club or Yacht Club one day but given that we like longer trips, neither resorts are in the cards for us.

P5250142 (768x1024).jpg

IMG_0331 (768x1024).jpg

P5250143 (768x1024).jpg

Beautiful!

P5250145 (768x1024).jpg

We had been to the gift store at the Beach Club the year before but hadn't been to Beaches & Cream and we didn't really know where we were going. So, we went inside the resort and I saw Teena, Dee's friend. She was busy talking to Guests and I wanted to at least say hello but I didn't want to interrupt. I told John that if she were still there when we came back through, I'd introduce myself. (We didn't see her when we were done.) I asked a Cast Member for directions and we followed the hallways as instructed. The resort is so pretty and I couldn't resist taking a few photos even though we were trying to hurry.

P5250146 (768x1024).jpg

An empty Cape May Cafe

P5250147 (768x1024).jpg

P5250148 (768x1024).jpg

I believe this is Martha's Vineyard Lounge:
P5250150 (768x1024).jpg

We were back outside and this was the view.

P5250151 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

We checked in at the podium and were given a pager which went off just about five minutes after we sat down at the cute little table and chairs outside. I had read that Beaches & Cream was small but I was surprised at how small it actually is. No wonder it is tough to get ADRs here. While it's small we didn't feel crammed in but that could also be because we were seated in a booth and not one of the tables in the middle of the restaurant.

See the lady in the large hat? She and the ladies on both sides of her were having a high ol time. They were laughing and cutting up with the cute waiter. They were a hoot!

IMG_0335 (768x1024).jpg

P5250152 (768x1024).jpg

P5250154 (768x1024).jpg

P5250155 (768x1024).jpg

P5250167 (768x1024).jpg

A quick look at the menu was all that it took before we decided what we would order.

P5250157 (768x1024).jpg

P5250156 (1024x768).jpg

This cute little jukebox was on our table.

P5250159 (768x1024).jpg

Our waitress took our orders and said that she'd be back in a jiffy. In the meantime, we took pictures of the restaurant (I posted them above so that you could see the size of the place) and posed for a cute couple pic. Lordy be, my hair was a hot mess with all the humidity but we were in love and that's all that mattered.

P5250163 (1024x768).jpg

About that time, Lacey called to check in. They were anxiously counting down until they would be joining us which wouldn't be for another four days. We chatted for just a little while and then our food came. It was time to hang up the phone and chow down!

**Continued in next post

I ordered the tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich. Soooo good!

P5250169 (1024x768).jpg

P5250170 (1024x768).jpg

John had the Reuben sandwich which came with onion rings.

P5250173 (1024x768).jpg

Hunter went with the grilled chicken sandwich minus everything but cheese...on and chicken. Can't forget the chicken. It's a biggie when you order a chicken sandwich. (Once we went to the Sonic and ordered a hot dog with nothing but the bun. They came out with just a bun....no weiner. Important life lesson was learned right then and there...always ask for the meat.)

P5250174 (1024x768).jpg

Everything that we ordered was scrumpdillicious! We had a breakfast booked for Kona which was more expensive than Beaches & Cream so we were paying for this meal out of pocket. Hunter didn't want any dessert but John and I weren't leaving until we ordered ice cream. It is, after all Beaches & Cream which is famous for it's ice cream. Or is it? No matter, we were getting ice cream. We decided on a banana split and it was large enough for the both of us.

P5250178 (1024x768).jpg

P5250179 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

Give me a sody pop and some ice cream please! Cont'

As I said, Hunter didn't want any dessert but our waitress said that it was his birthday and he was going to celebrate. She brought out a balloon and tied it around his wrist while she sang Happy Birthday to him.
P5250175 (768x1024).jpg

You're never too old for a birthday balloon!

P5250176 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: ????? Title unknown as of this time

I loved all your random catch-up pictures. Especially the ones of CBR. I don't know when we'll be back to WDW but I'm pretty sure CBR is where I'll want to stay again. We just loved it last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter