Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Great monorail photos. Riding the monorail is a must do for us.

A money or coffee tree would be great.

Can't wait to hear about Ohana!

I would really love a money tree too. They probably don't grow well in Ohio though

I still LOVE the poly.. My favorite resort.

I HAVE a Money tree plant!!! they are SO neat!!! on a side note.. I haven't gotten any more money since having the damn thing.

I don't think I've seen a picture of BTMRR I didn't like. No matter how blurry or brilliant it is, seeing the attraction always makes me wish I were in Frontierland boarding a train of my own!

But I will agree with you on the hot queue part. Nothing like an enclosed room in FL with no air ventilation to get you sweating...

I love, love, love your monorail shots! Space Mtn and Bay look picture perfect.

O'hanas...good dinner choice, Hunter!
A coffee and money tree sound like the perfect kind of trees. On my side of the family, we say that if someone where to check a Todd's vein, they'd see coffee rather than blood running through it. If my parents get a call that one of my aunts/uncles are coming over for a visit, the first thing they do is make a pot of coffee.:rotfl: So, I definitely understand where John is coming from.

Looking forward to hearing how the birthday dinner went!

Great pictures from the monorail and of the store! Can't wait to hear all about your meal!

Thank you! Hopefully an update is coming soon!

Great monorail photos. Riding the monorail is a must do for us.

A money or coffee tree would be great.

Can't wait to hear about Ohana!

Every year, I say that I am going to buy one of the money trees just to say that I own one.

I would really love a money tree too. They probably don't grow well in Ohio though

They probably wouldn't grow well at my house either or at least I'd have it stripped clean all the time. :)

I still LOVE the poly.. My favorite resort.

I HAVE a Money tree plant!!! they are SO neat!!! on a side note.. I haven't gotten any more money since having the damn thing.

Well fart! The money tree is just a myth? UGH!

I don't think I've seen a picture of BTMRR I didn't like. No matter how blurry or brilliant it is, seeing the attraction always makes me wish I were in Frontierland boarding a train of my own!

But I will agree with you on the hot queue part. Nothing like an enclosed room in FL with no air ventilation to get you sweating...

I love, love, love your monorail shots! Space Mtn and Bay look picture perfect.

O'hanas...good dinner choice, Hunter!
A coffee and money tree sound like the perfect kind of trees. On my side of the family, we say that if someone where to check a Todd's vein, they'd see coffee rather than blood running through it. If my parents get a call that one of my aunts/uncles are coming over for a visit, the first thing they do is make a pot of coffee.:rotfl: So, I definitely understand where John is coming from.

Looking forward to hearing how the birthday dinner went!

Todd sounds like John. He drinks coffee all the time. He just loves it.

Okay y'all, I'm sorry for being missing in action for a while. My office computer went haywire and we lost about six months of bookkeeping which freaked us the heck out! But, the computer guy was able to retrieve it all but I lost some pictures and unessential documents which wasn't a big deal. Then the dang thing started acting wonky again so we had to buy a new one. They still have to remote access some stuff for me but I should be running full force again some time today.

I'll get an update posted soon, probably today, I promise! In the meantime, how y'all doin'?

Looks like I was behind an update or two.

I just love, love, love Big Thunder Mountain. I went on with Teena and another friend. They had not been through the refurbed standby line, so we all had fun playing with the interactive toys in there. I just saw today about a refurb on the ride (boo!) where they will be putting in the explosive ending like at Disneyland (yay!)

I had heard rumors of a new ending so even though I'm bummed that it will be closed while we are there, I'm excited to see the new version.

I liked your pictures. You may not have gotten the pictures that you wanted to because of your slow camera, but I like the ones you posted.

My camera goes capoot later in the trip.

It has been quite a spell since we have been to the Country Bears. Mark and I have seen the show many times, but If I had to guess, I would say the last time we went was on the boys first trip in 2004... Your pictures from the show are amazing, especially the ones of good ole Big Al.

Big Al, Lacey's favorite!

Too funny about watching people have trouble getting in. I seem to remember that being an issue oh so long ago.

:goodvibes

I felt bad for laughing at them but it was funny how...what's the word I am searching for...not ignorant, not stupid...I guess just how dumb people were that they couldn't figure it out.

Really nice pictures from the monorail station and from the monorail. Love the picture you took of BLT.

I could use one of those coffee trees, too!

Can't wait to read about and see the pictures from Hunter's BD pick.

:thumbsup2

I am going to talk John into buying both a money tree and a coffee tree next trip.

I, for one, am glad you went MIA for a bit. It didn't take me long to get caught up on your report. LOL! The gospel brunch looked so great! I loved the videos. O'hana for birthday dinner...YUM!

Cousin, can I get some more of this and that and maybe those? Now that's a real smile!

After browsing a bit in the resort store and walking away from the awesome money saving money tree and coffee plant, we made our way to the Ohana check-in desk and I heard "Lisa!". It was tinksthree that I had met two or three times before. I'm glad that she called me or I'd have walked just past her. I'm bad about that. I can walk right past the President or be driving next to the Pope and I wouldn't notice. Well, I might notice because of all of the hoopla but you know what I mean. We chatted for a minute and then they moved forward to check in too.

Usually, the wait for Ohana is a long one and there are people everywhere. We were lucky this time and only had to wait ten, maybe fifteen minutes, and our pager went off. It was time to get our grub on! Oh but I forgot to post a picture of the what was at the time, new Polynesian lobby.
DSCF0739 (768x1024).jpg

Okay, back to where I left off...being seated at the table. The hostess that sat us at our table was kind enough to give us two loaves of bread upon request. We love teh bread and could make a meal off of just the bread because it's so good.
DSCF0740 (1024x768).jpg

Our cousin came to our table shortly after we were seated and took our drink orders. While waiting, I took pictures. This picture is not zoomed in at all. We were that close to the grills.

DSCF0741 (1024x768).jpg

Our cousin came out with the drinks and her helper came out with the salad. Ahhh, the salad!

DSCF0742 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0743 (1024x768).jpg

Next up were the pot stickers/dumplings which were fabulous!

DSCF0744 (768x1024).jpg

Noodles and vegetables, oh so delicious.

DSCF0745 (1024x768).jpg

Blurry picture of the shrimp.

DSCF0746 (1024x768).jpg

Steak which was on the rare side for all of us but we ate from around the edges where it was done more.

DSCF0747 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0748 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

Cousin, can I get some more of this and that and maybe those? Now that's a real smile!

Now that I am going through my pictures, I see that I didn't take a picture of the wings or the sauces. We didn't like the sauces much especially the peanut sauce but that's just us and I know that we are weird like that. Alright wise guy who yelled "we know you're weird!". :) One of the things that I forgot to mention was that tinksthree and her family were seated at the table just down from us and we were able to say a few words and motion like "good gosh this is good" to one another without disturbing other guests.

Throughout the meal, our cousin would return and replenish anything that we wanted. Hunter had fallen in food love with the potstickers and more were brought out and the meat and shrimp was piled high on the plates as often as we wished.

Next out of the kitchen was THE thing that put a real smile on John's face....bread pudding! Oh and look at the plate beside Hunter. They brought him not one but two birthday cupcakes. That'll put a smile on anyone's mug.

DSCF0750 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0751 (768x1024).jpg

By the time that we were done, we were stuffed. The food, as always, was exceptionally good and the service was great as well. Hunter made an excellent choice for his birthday dinner. We left our tip for our cousin and wobbled out to the monorail station. We arrived back at the Magic Kingdom before the parade and Wishes but not by much so we stepped it up in order to beat the crowds to the bus stop. But, not before I snapped pictures of the boats and launches.

DSCF0752 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0753 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0754 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: Spin me Lieutenant Dan! Spin Me!

Looks like you had a great meal. I have done Ohana for breakfast but not dinner yet. I hope to try dinner there one of these days.

YUM! Love me some O'hana! Although, I would be interested to know what their gluten free alernatives would be for the bread, potstickers and noodles. They are all so good!!!! This upcoming trip should be interesing for me food-wise, for sure.

One day we will get to Ohana, as most of those options do look delicious! I'm glad Hunter had such a great birthday dinner!

Long time reader, first time commenting (I think). We've done Ohana for breakfast but not dinner. Just the other day I was just feeling a little sad because my older son will be 10 the next time we go, and paying "adult" prices for him to eat at an aycte restaurant is going to hurt. He just doesn't eat that much. But he loves potstickers! I bet he'd eat his weight in those things. Maybe we should try Ohana dinner next time.

Looks like you had a great meal. I have done Ohana for breakfast but not dinner yet. I hope to try dinner there one of these days.

We are just the opposite. We've done dinner many times but never for breakfast.

YUM! Love me some O'hana! Although, I would be interested to know what their gluten free alernatives would be for the bread, potstickers and noodles. They are all so good!!!! This upcoming trip should be interesing for me food-wise, for sure.

Hum, I wonder too. Is there a number that you can call ahead of time and find out what can and can't be prepared for you?

One day we will get to Ohana, as most of those options do look delicious! I'm glad Hunter had such a great birthday dinner!

Hunter did a great job picking his birthday meals!

Long time reader, first time commenting (I think). We've done Ohana for breakfast but not dinner. Just the other day I was just feeling a little sad because my older son will be 10 the next time we go, and paying "adult" prices for him to eat at an aycte restaurant is going to hurt. He just doesn't eat that much. But he loves potstickers! I bet he'd eat his weight in those things. Maybe we should try Ohana dinner next time.

Hey! Welcome and thanks for chiming in! I hope that you'll do it more often.

Yeah, I remember those days of Hunter being considered an adult but he really wasn't. I guess your son and mine just aren't big eaters and some are.

Ohana is great! The potstickers are soooooo good!

Spin me Lieutenant Dan! Spin Me!

Hunter's birthday was fantastic! We were so glad that we booked the Gospel Brunch, experienced several Magic Kingdom attractions, played a couple of games of ring toss and ended our night at Ohana. What a birthday to remember!

It was a new day and we were hitting another park! Our itinerary looked like this:

Monday, May 25th: Epcot!

Fastpasses:
9:10 to 10:10 Mission Space
10:25 to 11:25 Test Track
11:25 to 12:25 Spaceship Earth

Lunch at Beaches & Cream at 1:10
Dinner at Via Napoli at 7:45 p.m.

Now that's what it looked like during the planning stages; however, after we arrived, I did do a little bit of adjusting to some of our daily itineraries. I don't know what the heck I was thinking when I booked some of them. I shoulda known that I needed to make them just a little later in the day since we aren't rope drop people.

Today, though, I didn't make any adjustments. I left them as they were but planned on getting to the various attractions closer to the end of our Fastpass window. Given the time of our lunch reservations, we knew that we might have to skip Spaceship Earth but we were okay with that. We had time to see it later in the day or trip.

May 25th was a bright and glorious day!

DSCF0755 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0756 (768x1024).jpg

I'm not quite sure why we cut through one of the Innoventions buildings. Maybe to take pictures for the crew over at Magical DIStractions? Maybe? I truly can't recall but here are some pictures to show that we did, indeed, visit Innoventions.

DSCF0757 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0758 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0759 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0760 (1024x768).jpg

Wait a minute! Stop the presses! I think that I remember what the deal was. I had to tinkle and took off to the nearest bathroom
cause I wasn't getting on Mission Space without stopping first. John took a phone call (surprise surprise) and Hunter went inside to see how long the wait was for the virtual Space Mountain whatever it is called. That's what happened! Just because I recently turned 50 doesn't mean that my mind is completely gone. And my recollection has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you can see Hunter's reflection in the plexiglass. LOL!

DSCF0761 (1024x768).jpg

Hunter had skipped designing the rollercoaster because the line was a bit long already so he met us outside and, as soon as John got off the phone, we went over to Mission Space! Most of the people on the left in the picture were waiting for their FastPass time to start and I wasn't paying attention and started walking right into the Standby Line. What a goof! We had Fastpasses and I was about to join the stand-by line.

DSCF0762 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0764 (1024x768).jpg

**I don't know what's up with the Dis right now, I'm having to upload each picture individually. Let me see if I can figure out what's going on and I'll be back.

*After trying over and over again yesterday to get pictures to upload, I gave up. It looks like the Dis is liking me this morning so I can finish up this update.

Spin me Lieutenant Dan! Spin Me! Continued

John and Hunter thought that I was just getting closer to the wait time sign to take a picture but when they realized that I was going to keep on going, they asked me what the heck I was doing. We had a Fastpass! Oops!

They steered me to the right line, well, actually the left line :), and were inside the building and in the queue in no time. We wanted the full-on experience and chose the Orange Team.

DSCF0767 (768x1024).jpg

There's all sorts of cool stuff to look at while you wait.

DSCF0768 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0769 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0771 (1024x768).jpg

The castmember asked us how many were in our party and then unclicked the chain and let us through. A party of three was just what they were looking for. Bam! We handed over our orange ticket and we were in the pre-show area.

DSCF0772 (768x1024).jpg

And on the first three #6 spots.

DSCF0773 (1024x768).jpg

DSCF0774 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0775 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0776 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Spin me Lieutenant Dan! Spin Me! Continued

After receiving our instructions from Leutenant Dan, we were led to our space vehicle. I was trying to take a picture of the inside of the room but my camera was lagging again and I got this one instead.

DSCF0777 (768x1024).jpg

which was at least a picture of something. Dee, notice John's shirt? That's a Beach Club Resort shirt that we bought the year before.

I stored my backsack in the bin and we were strapped in and ready for takeoff! Smile!

DSCF0778 (768x1024).jpg

DSCF0779 (768x1024).jpg

Y'all, we had a blast! Mission Space is so much fun! I took a video but the Dis is acting a fool and won't let me post it for some reason. I'll see if I can put it on YouTube and then post it.

**Up next: Zero to 65...Strike a Pose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter