Just got this email regarding GAD Program. They say almost1M tickets were given out!

I am happy I signed up but is anyone really surprised that they million are almost gone. I thought they would be gone by the end of February.

Nice to see Disunpluged is checking out the competition here at DISboards and quoting our members :)

I am happy I signed up but is anyone really surprised that they million are almost gone. I thought they would be gone by the end of February.

Nice to see Disunpluged is checking out the competition here at DISboards and quoting our members :)

Did you know that Disunplugged and DISboards are co-owned, affiliated and managed by the same people? The DISUnplugged podcast and blog grew out of the boards. They are not competition.

Thanks for posting this info. I had been waiting to hear back from a second volunteer opportunity before completing my registration. But after reading this post last night, I went ahead and completed my registration with the first organization. Glad I got in before the million was up!

Hi BlueFairy,

It's good to learn new things every day. I had no idea they were affiliated.

Thanks

Thanks for posting this info. I had been waiting to hear back from a second volunteer opportunity before completing my registration. But after reading this post last night, I went ahead and completed my registration with the first organization. Glad I got in before the million was up!

Just because you are registered doesn't guarantee a ticket. You must complete your volunteer work first, then the tickets! So, work fast!

Just because you are registered doesn't guarantee a ticket. You must complete your volunteer work first, then the tickets! So, work fast!

Thanks for this info...we are collecting school supplies for Childrens Chance. I thought once you registered and were confirmed, you were all set to receive a ticket once you did the work, regardless of whether you did it immediately or in a month. Is that not the case? If no, we'd better get crackin'!

Once you register and receive your confirmation VOP email you are all set and it does guarantee you a voucher. You do not have to do your volunteer opportunity immediately. Just make sure you have registered and received the confirmation email.;)

Once you register and receive your confirmation VOP email you are all set and it does guarantee you a voucher. You do not have to do your volunteer opportunity immediately. Just make sure you have registered and received the confirmation email.;)

I believe service must be completed prior to getting your tix, you are not guaranteed or that wouldn't be fair to people who sign up then don't complete. This is from the FAQs on the Disney website.

Subject to these terms and conditions, tickets may be obtained under this program by (1) signing up for an eligible volunteer opportunity in 2010 at a participating organization from this site and completing such volunteer service, or (2) signing up with HON, with Southwest Airlines or though the Disney VoluntEARS program to participate in a volunteer activity that is later designated by Disney as a volunteer activity conducted in conjunction with the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” Launch or Tour and actually participating in and completing such activity, or (3) receiving and accepting an invitation from HON to participate in a volunteer activity that is later designated by Disney as a volunteer activity conducted in conjunction with the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” Launch or Tour and actually participating in and completing such activity.

Thanks for this info...we are collecting school supplies for Childrens Chance. I thought once you registered and were confirmed, you were all set to receive a ticket once you did the work, regardless of whether you did it immediately or in a month. Is that not the case? If no, we'd better get crackin'!

You are correct. As long as your volunteer opportunity is registered with the Hands On Network, you're being counted as part of the million and you can do your volunteering at a later date.

So glad we are registered! We are collecting childrens clothing for Cradles to Crayons and have to hand them in on March 13th. I'll be glad to get those vouchers printed!

WOW. I just signed up 2 days ago and got my confirmation of registration. We aren't going until December, I'm glad I didn't put it off!

I registered on January 1st, but was unable to complete the process. There was only one opportunity for the kids. It's not until May 1st and you can't sign up under 60 days. Well, I tried to complete the process last week, but the charity isn't listed. We registered directly with the charity and was told it was supposed to be back up by March 3rd. I'm disappointed this has been so difficult (for us) Hopefully, it will be worked out in time.

We completed ours in January but I haven't printed out the vouchers yet, guess I better do that tomorrow.

We completed our volunteer work at a Habitat ReStore just two miles from our house on Feb. 20. Got a thank you email a few days later and got the email to print our vouchers on March 5, so it was a very quick, easy process for us. I'm glad we got in there early. :)

If you're already registered, you're still good though, right? Or am I misunderstanding that? We registered for a clean up day at a local park so our work day isn't actually until May, but we are registered and confirmed. Do we have to worry about the program ending before we complete our service?

If you're already registered, you're still good though, right? Or am I misunderstanding that? We registered for a clean up day at a local park so our work day isn't actually until May, but we are registered and confirmed. Do we have to worry about the program ending before we complete our service?

You are fine. If you are registered, you can still complete your activity then use your vouchers by 12/15. Enjoy!

For Project Linus, where are people getting the no-sew blanket kits? Our local Michaels didn't have any at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter