Just got back...

Simba

Some People Call me Walt Jr.
from wonderful WDW. This was a very short trip (April 7 - April 12th), I usually go for at least 10 days. We stayed at the BWV. If anyone has questions about the weather, crowds, activities, whatever, just PM or reply. Thanks

Thank You!!! I hope you have a very magically trip next week. Have tons of fun

Since you've just returned, tell me how you would do 8 days. We have a 5 day hopper plus and a 5 day Universal/IOA. We're staying offsite and have an 8yo and a 19yo.

That is very hard to say. Personally, I have never been to Universal/IOA. We strickly do WDW while we are there. I would give your children a choice on what to do. We have a 16 year old and a 20 year old. We have given them the choice before and they have wanted to just do Disney. So, ask your chicldren and see what they want to do while you are down there. I would suggest at least one full day of Magic Kingdom and one full day EPCOT. Then depending how much you enjoy MGM and Animal Kingdom, either do them in one day or two days.
If you plan on going into the parks all 8 days you are there, I would suggest doing 4 or 5 days in WDW and 3 to 4 Days at Universal/IOA.
But whatever you do, make sure you have a lot of fun. Memories will last a lifetime.

Interesting!

I am going down July 3rd from July 10th.

We are taking our ds 10 and our dd 9.

I haven't quite decided what all we need or will want to do but I have planned and booked 1 full day at Epcot and 1 full day at MK... We also have a "day" planned at Animal kingdom as well. It's the other days we arent' sure of....

BUt we're teatering between the idea of Universal Studios since no one has been there. Oh wait.. one full day at Sea World too. You can't miss SHamu : )

Any tips or ideas for 10 & 9 year olds

Interesting!

I am going down July 3rd from July 10th.

We are taking our ds 10 and our dd 9.

I haven't quite decided what all we need or will want to do but I have planned and booked 1 full day at Epcot and 1 full day at MK... We also have a "day" planned at Animal kingdom as well. It's the other days we arent' sure of....

BUt we're teatering between the idea of Universal Studios since no one has been there. Oh wait.. one full day at Sea World too. You can't miss SHamu : )

Any tips or ideas for 10 & 9 year olds

I was just at WDW in Feb. with my friend and her two kids, ages 6 and 2. That was my first time at WDW with kids. I would recommend planning 2 days for MK, if you have the time. I would especially recommend this is you are visiting at a peak crowds time. Also, I usually plan for 2 days at Epcot, but younger kids might not tolerate that. However, the 6 yo demanded that we return there another night so he could ride Test Track again! :hyper: One day at AK and at MGM is usually enough time to see everything, with some planning.

I love US/IOA! They are both great parks and have awesome attractions. US will have more things that younger kids can ride. IOA has a lot of roller coasters and thrill rides that young kids won't be able to ride. I've been able to do both parks in a day, but that was at non-crowded times. I would give at least a day for each park, if you want to see it all. ::yes::

Have a great trip!

Poohbear

Is it warming up at all??? When we were there at the beginning of the month we were really surprised with how cold it was at night. I'm hoping things are improving. :sunny:

The Temps have risen a bit since the beginning of the month. It was actually very warm the past 5 days or so. I think it ranged anywhere from from 84 to 92 during the day. It just happened to be about 90 on the day we went golfing at the Palm.:mad:
During the night it wasn't that bad either. The first few nights was cold, but after that it warmed up nicely. It was prolly around 60 at night. Overall, Nice weather all around!!!

Simba, did you have a green ribbon, hmm, cant believe we didnt see you anywhere on a bus, boat etc.

Nope, I did not have agreen ribbon on. But I actually never saw a green ribbon either. What are the chances :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter