Just got back....observation made at CRT dining

When we ate there in May my two daughters (4 and 1) got wands and wishing stars. DH, my mom, and I didn't get anything. Yes, those wands break too easily. One of them was broken before we got home.

My twin sister and I (32) dined at CRT in Sept 2014 on an adult only trip and both received wands.

I didn't expect to get one but was very excited because I am a total kid at Disney. Things like this just come down to the individual CM and how they are feeling that day.

We did the Citrico's version in February while CRT was in refurb. My DS7 got a sword, but my sister and I didn't get anything, though I believe our server would have given them to us if we had asked as he was incredibly nice and there was a table of adults-only near us who all had swords and wands. We also ate at CRT about 3 years ago and it sounds like we had the same server as you :( She wasn't very nice at all.

DH and I went there once and we received the wand and sword. It was just us though. Tables around us that had kids and adults it seemed only the kids got them.

My husband and I have been to CRT 3 times WITHOUT kids and have received a wand and sword EVERY time. We didn't even ask for them. They kinda just handed them to us.

Ya, I took my wife last october and they put them in our hands and wanted us to do the whole ceremony along with everyone else. Never saw anything about a wishing star though.

We were there last October too. We're not exactly young kids. More like old kids. We were mainly interested in the architecture of the building. I didn't expect much of the meal from reading these boards but that was ok in my opinion. We did get the sword & wand to my surprise and all the princesses stopped by for a quick chat & picture. We were the first ones in line for that day, Lol. Perhaps they only have a number of those to go around & save them for the kids, just a guess. But I agree everyone who wants one should get it.

We went last August (2 adults). Wishing Stars were on our places when we sat down. We weren't offered wands/swords, but I asked for a wand and our waiter brought me one and a sword for my husband.

OP: sorry they were funny with you about it. That's no fun. :( I didn't expect to be offered a wand, but I had been told on here it was OK to ask, and they certainly didn't have a problem with it.

We have eaten there twice. Once in 2012 when my daughter was 9 and again in 2014 when she was 11. She got the star and wand both times. Son got a sword and star both times (ages 2 and 4). I never got anything. Kind of nuts to tell you only children get them when you could see so many people around you had them.
Dang sword never makes it back home. The 2nd wand made it and is still with us. First time it was broken before we left the resort. My son’s Pirate’s League sword also from 2014 has held up fine.

I think we've eaten at CRT 5 times and each time, the kids have gotten a wand/sword (and wishing star) and the adults have gotten nothing.

My husband and I have been to CRT 3 times WITHOUT kids and have received a wand and sword EVERY time. We didn't even ask for them. They kinda just handed them to us.

Our daughter likes to take the sword and our son prefers the wand, but on one of our trips, we were walking out with an adult couple who had received a wand and sword, and they gave theirs to our kids so each kid would have one of each. They said they didn't ask for them and really didn't want them, but our kids were happy to take more plastic junk home. Heh.

Our girls were given wands (I didn't ask for one for myself) DD saw some people with the swords and I asked our server if we could purchase one and they just gave them one each as well which was really lovely.

What do you mean by this? I am planning to order one to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary, did you have to remind her you had ordered one?

I honestly think it was just our server, she just came off rude honestly. I didn't know how it worked and we were brought our dessert and I was like wait, where's the other thing? But she just quickly answered and walked away and came back with it a few minutes later. It's in your reservation, but there was just something about the lady we had.

I'm confused why the other family was annoyed with you...for what? for asking your waitress about it?

My niece asked me why they didn't bring us our wands yet and I didn't know. As I said, I looked around and everyone had them. But I turned around to only look to see who in their party had one, and everyone (adults included) had them. We were just commenting how everyone had received them and we were skipped over. But apparently the girl my niece's age and her parents took what I said the wrong way. My niece said the girl had some sort of birthmark on her neck and thought she thought we made a mean comment about that.

Our experience was wonderful minus just some weird hiccups. They were great accomondating me because of food allergies, the chef was able to make a dessert I could eat since most of the new stuff had some sort of nut in it. It was just weird with the wand/sword thing, but in the end we each got one and only one made it back in one piece. So I guess it wasn't worth the hassle to get it.

I honestly think it was just our server, she just came off rude honestly. I didn't know how it worked and we were brought our dessert and I was like wait, where's the other thing? But she just quickly answered and walked away and came back with it a few minutes later. It's in your reservation, but there was just something about the lady we had.

Sounds like a lot of the bad taste in your mouth was just your server's attitude. I get it - our one breakfast in CRT we had a "not so nice" server too. I got annoyed with his continuing attitude. He was huffy whenever we asked for anything. I stayed completely polite (but I must admit I snickered a tiny bit behind his back when we ended up being the last family out of the restaurant - partly because he was never around when we needed to request stuff). He did as we asked - but we are always very friendly with our servers at Disney and his grumpy attitude is something I will unfortunately always associate with our CRT experience.

Out of curiosity, do they just automatically hand a wand to the girls and a sword to the boys? Or do the kids actually get to choose which they'd like?

Cinderella at the picture op was great. My kids adored that. The castle is a neat place. The princesses were okay, but rushed (compared to say Crystal Palace or Garden Grill). We couldn't really hear the wishing star thing (but I told my kids to wish and got a good picture).

Our waiter was a guy, but he was kind of like your server...just put out about things. We had me, DH, 9 year old, and twin 2 year olds. The kids got their respective wand/sword and wishing star...the adults got nothing. It was breakfast, I had to insist on two extra blueberry muffins (for the twins since they got no offer of food-we got no offer of seconds). The only other time we saw the waiter was for him to do the TiW discount. Everything was adequate, but I've been treated better at Chick-Fil-A.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter