Just got back....observation made at CRT dining

We only received wands and wishing stars for our girls last week at breakfast. I wouldn't have wanted one anyways, but I do have other issues with CRT in general and we won't be returning. Compared to Akershus we found the service to be terrible and the food even worse. Our waitress never returned once she took our order and so I shared two strips of bacon and a tiny portion of eggs with my 2 year old. My 6 year old's plate had more food than mine. DH's poached lobster and shrimp had one shrimp. The kids enjoyed the princesses, but the food is abysmal. It wasn't worth the $$ by any means. Does writing to guest relations help in any of these situations. Is there any hope to actually get anything changed?

Last time I dined at CRT I didn't get a wishing star, but I did get a wand (and I am well north of 30). There were no children at my table.

We went to breakfast back in November for my daughters Sweet 16! 3 adult women and then Josie and we all got wands and wishing stars and when they brought the etched Glass slipper the guy got down on one knee like royalty and presented it to her! It was so much fun! :cloud9: I don't know why experience differ so much! :(For the price you pay they should all be special....:tinker:

We only received wands and wishing stars for our girls last week at breakfast. I wouldn't have wanted one anyways, but I do have other issues with CRT in general and we won't be returning. Compared to Akershus we found the service to be terrible and the food even worse. Our waitress never returned once she took our order and so I shared two strips of bacon and a tiny portion of eggs with my 2 year old. My 6 year old's plate had more food than mine. DH's poached lobster and shrimp had one shrimp. The kids enjoyed the princesses, but the food is abysmal. It wasn't worth the $$ by any means. Does writing to guest relations help in any of these situations. Is there any hope to actually get anything changed?

They didn't offer your toddler a meal either? I wonder if this is the new norm (we were offered food for our one year old last year, but we were not offered anything this year).

They didn't offer your toddler a meal either? I wonder if this is the new norm (we were offered food for our one year old last year, but we were not offered anything this year).

No, the most the offered for her was orange juice and a plate to share my two strips of bacon! She did eat a pastry, too.

Does CRT no longer offer all you care to eat - at least for breakfast. I thought their portions were ridiculous too. But when we went in 2012, I was able to verify from many disboarders that it was indeed okay to channel some Oliver Twist and say, "can I have some more?" We ended up ordering 2 extra entrees and an extra plate of bacon. Our waiter was reluctant and ungracious about it, but never refused us and did bring us whatever we asked for.

Wonder if u can still do that? It was certainly not advertised (or encouraged) when we went.

I've dined there twice in the past two years both times with people in their early 20's (like myself) and we always received wands and stars. I keep one on my night stand and one on my desk at work to keep my day bright :) It's weird to hear that people aren't receiving one regardless of age.

I have a question about the glass slipper dessert though, doesn't that have to be ordered before arrival? I want to dine again to have one I am just trying to make sure that is right.

I was there Friday for lunch. DD13, DD5 and DS12 all got wishing stars and wands (sword for son). DH and I didn't get anything. The meal was rushed and the princesses spent little time at our table. They said a few words, quick picture, autograph and were gone. We did have a wonderful server though. She came to the table often with drink refills and to check on us. The kids had a great time though but it was a one and done for us.

We took my daughter to Akershus for her second birthday and it was a much better experience than CRT. I thought the food was good at both places, but the staff at Akershus was much nicer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter