Just got back from Harry Potter

JK has said he's dead. Now, the 5th book death? That's another story. She's been mum on if we'll see that one again

Ok, I just finished book 6 for the first time (yes, I'd read the others a couple of times, but I just read this one today). I knew, before I read it, who died, but I didn't know any of the circumstances or anything like that. I CANNOT believe it--it was such a sickening scene. . .and then in other ways, I expected nothing different. I am so ready for Friday night/Saturday morning, as I am desperate to see what happens.

I am so hoping that the 5th book death wasn't a complete "death". That is my absolute favorite character. . .followed closely by Luna! :)

Ok, I just finished book 6 for the first time (yes, I'd read the others a couple of times, but I just read this one today). I knew, before I read it, who died, but I didn't know any of the circumstances or anything like that. I CANNOT believe it--it was such a sickening scene. . .and then in other ways, I expected nothing different. I am so ready for Friday night/Saturday morning, as I am desperate to see what happens.

I am so hoping that the 5th book death wasn't a complete "death". That is my absolute favorite character. . .followed closely by Luna! :)

You can see why my book flew across the room then. It still makes me sad.

I saw HP last night and on the whole, I really liked it. There were certainly things I would have liked to have seen in it - like Dumbledore explaining the rest of the prophecy and why Harry has to live w/ the Dursleys. I missed the howler he sent to Petunia too - I was waiting for that scene. The scenes in Mungo would have been interesting. And I wish there had been more of Tonk & Ginny.

Umbridge and her sticky-sweet evilness (Maria - you can't possibly compete with her on the evil factor) and the kitty plates where perfect and I loved Luna. Thought Bellatrix was very well played by Helen Bonham-Carter. Also enjoyed how they portrayed the Ministry (though I missed some of the details here too).

I agree with what many people here said - you have separate the book and the movie. My dh really liked it and he has never read HP though he's seen all the movies. Inmho, I felt they made a movie that both readers and non would be able to enjoy, as long as those of us who read the book make the distinction. The more I think about it, the more holes I pick in the movie so my theory is enjoy this as a separate entity!

I just got in from getting the book. I was going to get up early and read, but DH has already started reading his copy, so I may just have to start!! ;)

Finished about 11:30 this morning. I'm still reeling a bit -- tired and satisfied and sad all at the same time. :goodvibes

I finished at 1 - got one around 1 AM, read til 3:30, went to bed and got up at 10:30 and read til I finished.

I cried, although not as much as I did with Half-Blood Prince

I had to stop twice and walk away from the book. I cried through one part, but on the whole, I really loved it. I think it's my favorite one. The funny thing is, I feel tired and drained from reading it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter