Just found a cute online world for elem. age kids

sdarwkcabemanmy

<font color=blue>Not only do I not know what's goi
www.zookazoo.com

I'm exploring it right now, but it seems pretty cute so far. :) I love the range of choices you have for your avatar. There's even an ear of corn, an apple core and a BLENDER of all things. :lol:

Thanks for bringing this up, sdarwkcabemanmy!

ZooKazoo is adorable, but I have some serious concerns about the game. They want kids to fill out this in-game profile that asks for your age, state, and interests etc. There's no need for that information to be shared (age/state), and certainly not encouraged in the game! ZooKazoo has open chat as well, which isn't the best idea for a kids game. There are eager moderators watching those chat logs, though! Parental controls allow grownups to have their child only use menu chat, but I think you can still see regular chats within the game (not positive). One neat thing is that there's no truly private messaging. When you send a "letter" to a pal within the game, what you type shows up in a chat bubble above your head. Again, that could be good and bad.

I do like how they have lots of information about the company and its founders on their website. There's a rather large info section for parents as well, outlining the game's features and how they can work with them. I think its important for sites like this to be completely open with their information to gain trust and support, especially for a startup working with kids.

This game definitely has a lot of potential, but they have to clean up the community aspects for it to make it to the next level. They tried some educational stuff (animal conservation), but I think they're still figuring out what direction to take with the game. Other than that, the graphics are supercute and I really love the music too. Lots of games and places to go, but you need to subscribe to be able to buy furniture and accessories.

I'd love to hear what everyone else has to say about the game :)

I got a little concerned from reading the childrens inquiries but wow that sight has much information for parents and a long list of ways they protect children.

I would like to see some feedback from actual play, but it sure seems like it is very child friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter