Just Engaged! What now??

Was just engaged over the weekend at Magic Kingdom. What do I do now?! I obviously want a Disney Wedding I'm just not sure where I start with everything. I have been looking at the Disney Wedding website. But I'm not sure if I should go through them or get my own wedding planner. It's all so confusing! Any tips or advice?

Have you thought about what characters you love from Disney ? And basing the hotel based on that on where you have your ceremony ? and then you could theme it based on that. So my cupcakes with a glass slipper etc

I'm so glad! The cruise weddings are great! Next step for you would probably be to check out cruise itineraries and see which ones stop at Castaway Cay on or around your desired date- then once you've got the deposit call and book! : D Happy planning! Why don't you start a planning journal on here so we can all follow along and see how you're doing? : )

I looked at Cruise sailing yesterday. We ended up having to change our date due to a member on his side of the family having a wedding dornher daughter around the same time. So now we are looking at August 7th. Which I actually like better. We have a Disney Cruise coming up next week with my side of the family so once that's over we are definitely booking the wedding cruise. What's a planning journal and how do I do one? Lol. Also I've been looking at wedding planning time lines but can't seem to find one that fits what I want to do. Any suggestions?

You have received a lot of good information above. Make sure to listen to that podcast :)

I LOVE cruises and in fact, we went on one for our honeymoon. Only you truly understand your situation and the dynamic with your family and friends but I will tell you why I did not go the cruise option (or other destination wedding locations) and instead went the Disney Escape option:

1. I wanted our wedding day to be our legal wedding date. I *assume* that if you get married on Castaway Cay, the marriage isn't recognized by the U.S. and you have to have a legal wedding at a courthouse before or after. Perhaps cruise brides can confirm and maybe that isn't a big deal for you. I just didn't want two dates.
2. I didn't want my guests to need to get Passports.
3. We have a broad range of financial resources in our family and friends. Some would not be able to afford a cruise, but a couple nights at a Value hotel was ok (and we hosted most of their meals). We had 4 singles at our wedding. I don't think some or any of them would have come to the wedding since they didn't have someone to travel with and the cost of a cabin by yourself is very expensive.
4. Time and schedule. Several of our guests had limited time or scheduling conflicts before or after the wedding. For example, my cousin is a teacher. She needed to take 2 vacation days to come to our wedding but could not have spent anymore time. My mother-in-law also could only stay 2 days. There was just a lot more flexibility with the Escape wedding and just needing 1-2 days that work for everyone versus 7-8.

Again, your situation may be completely different.

The other reasons I picked Disney World, because people ask me all the time.....
1. I wanted a destination wedding to bring friends and family closer
2. Disney quality meant no worrying
3. All of our family was going to have to travel anyhow
4. There are non-stop flights from everywhere our family is to Orlando for a good price
5. No one needed to rent a car
6. Lots of options for lodging, food, and fun!

Good luck!

I love Cruise too!Lol.

I'm really worried about the two dates thing. We most likely keep the first date between us and let everyone else acknowledge the public date.

Your points 2-4 is exactly how I felt about the whole Cruise Wedding. We actually decided yesterday to just ask our families what they'd be willing to do and how far they'd be willing to travel and surprisingly they all are willing to do the cruise. Which is great. So that took a lot of stress off me.

We are also thinking of doing Disney World a couple of days before the cruise and will let our families know it's optional if they want to come down early. If they do come down early I'd like to do dinners with them one or two nights. And hit the parks with them also.

Have you thought about what characters you love from Disney ? And basing the hotel based on that on where you have your ceremony ? and then you could theme it based on that. So my cupcakes with a glass slipper etc

My favorite characters are Princess Jasmine and Winnie the Pooh. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter