Just diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis - Thanks for listening

Just a quick update.

I've been doing ok - no better but then again no worse. This past Friday I went for another MRI since it's been 6 months since my last.

Now I wait to hear if there are more lesions then six months ago. Crossing my fingers.

Hi cman,

Good to hear from you.

Consider my aussie fingers crossed and hoping you get good news, waiting is always nerve wracking.

:hug: Quasar

Wow! It's been a long time since I opened this thread.

We're 6 weeks away from another stay at the Boardwalk Villas and my family and I can't wait.

We arrive shortly after the 2nd anniversary of my diagnosis and it's been a long 2 years.

Physically it's been a challenge by it's the mental stress that's been tough. At 45 I worry too much what things will be like when life events happen later on. My kids weddings, grandchildren, growing old with my wife...

But, did I tell you that we're 6 weeks away from another Disney trip?? It'll be a nice change of pace and this time I don't need to keep the crappy secret I did 2 years ago.

Can't wait!

We're 6 weeks away from another stay at the Boardwalk Villas and my family and I can't wait.

We arrive shortly after the 2nd anniversary of my diagnosis and it's been a long 2 years.

Physically it's been a challenge by it's the mental stress that's been tough. At 45 I worry too much what things will be like when life events happen later on. My kids weddings, grandchildren, growing old with my wife...

But, did I tell you that we're 6 weeks away from another Disney trip?? It'll be a nice change of pace and this time I don't need to keep the crappy secret I did 2 years ago.

Can't wait!

I hope you have an AMAZING TRIP~~:cool1:

Can't wait!

hope you all have a wonderful trip. :cool1:

just curious, what happened when you shared your diagnosis with work? :goodvibes:goodvibes

Thanks!

Informing my employer was not something I took lightly. For almost a year I only told my immediate manager and she was extremely supportive. I decided to tell her because shortly after my diagnosis I was going to a lot of doctors appointments. I went from taking time off once a year for an appointment to having to take time off 2 or 3 times a month for appointments. She eventually came to me worried that I was interviewing for another job. I felt it was time to let know.

For a while now I've been repeatedly asked by upper management to take a management position in our group. I'm a technical guy and kept telling them that I wanted to stay technical and not cross over to management. Since my diagnosis it's really because I didn't want the stress of having people responsibility. That has worked for 4 or 5 years now but now I felt like I was losing their confidence by constantly turning them aside.

Sort of like when you tell your child to repeatedly do something over and over again and when they don't do it then you just do it yourself. The only difference is you always love your kids.... managers don't always love their employees.

I decided to tell them about 4 months ago. I work for a very large employer that takes the ADA laws seriously and felt comfortable that I could tell them only what they needed to know. They've been very supportive and now understand my apprehension to taking the position they wanted me to. We've come to some middle ground and it's worked out perfectly.

That is wonderful.:) It is so nice to hear about a good employer, and one that understands, or tries to.

I hope you are doing as well as you can. Thanks for the update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter