Just because we cannot see it, doesn't mean we can't believe it! LIVE TRIP REPORT!

Soooo lucky your first full day will be the day we say bye to disney! :-( sad sad times! But I've had the best time ever so I shouldn't really be said as ill have some of the best memories to look back on for the rest of my life :-) and they'll make me smile :-)

You will have amazing memories. I want to make a scrap book when I get back. Maybe you can plan your honeymoon at Disney?! Thank you again for sharing your amazing trip with us.

Oh, thank you so much for all the info and pictures on Discovery Cove. I have been looking at adding this to our Christmas trip over the last few days and checking out prices. I was chatting to someone the other day who proposed to his girlfriend there a few months back (the dolphin swam over with a buoy in it's mouth with the ring inside) and he said it was everyone's favourite day/park of the entire trip.

Your report helped no end and the pictures are amazing and have made me decide that I am going to add this as a surprise for my daughters. I think I'll book it for Boxing day and give it to them as a Christmas present as we already have plans for Christmas Day and I think it's already booked. The only problem is that either myself or my husband will miss out on the dolphin swim as we'll have to stay with the baby which is a shame.

I also have the most accident prone family in the world so I think I'll be making them wear beach shoes after your experience!! Did you wear beach shoes? If so, did your mum still break her toe with them on? Poor thing, but what a star carrying on. If there is one place you probably don't want to be with a broken toe it's Orlando with all the walking you do!!

Looking forward to reading more.

I shall post many more when I get home and upload them all! Then you can see it properly! and no we didn't wear water shoes lol! Wish we had worn them to lol! Oh well at least we have Learned our lesson! Was still a fabulous day!

She's carried on as normal today I think I've made more of a fuss about her toe than she has lmao!!

Just seen the last few posts and realised you're coming home in a few days, oh no, I've loved following your holiday, it's flown by, but you really do have the most amazing memories don't you and by the sound of it you've got some exciting times ahead to focus on, buying a home together and planning a wedding. Good luck with it all, you look such a lovely couple, wish you nothing but the best.

It really has flown by! I'd happily stay another week if work would allow me to then i could carry on with his trip report, But unfortunately that would never happen! :-( booooo!

We certainly do have lots to look forward to indeed! House, wedding honeymoon! Baby at some point! Happy days :-)

Great updates!!! That pic with Tigger and Pooh is THE cutest :D Absolutely love it!

Imagine more pictures like this! With Mickey & Minnie, daisy and Donald, Baloo and king Louie! There's been so many amazing pictures taken! I'm more than happy that we bought the photopass +

:-D

xxpeplyxx said:
Imagine more pictures like this! With Mickey & Minnie, daisy and Donald, Baloo and king Louie! There's been so many amazing pictures taken! I'm more than happy that we bought the photopass +

:-D

Yay!! Can't wait to see your PP+ pics when you get them!

Brief update of he last couple of days yesterday (thursday) we did a triple whammy!

We started at Hollywood studios where we had some pictures taken and then went off to ride on tower of terror! Not once....not twice......but 3 times :-) we all love this ride and if I could pick it up and take it with me back to England then I would! I think we rode it at least 10 times this trip! :-)

We then rode toy story mania which we did 5 times this trip! Once again Kev lost! Which his still a sore loser about! Much to my satisfaction hehe!!

Following Hollywood studios we headed for downtown disney! We shopped till we dropped literally! Then we had lunch at the rainforest cafe! It was so good! And sooooooo large

Whilst in downtown disney we also had a quick trip into disney quest which was alright! Not our favourite place but we did have a laugh none the less!

After finishing of at downtown disney we headed back to the room with all of the shopping and left it there to then head to the magic kingdom! As we arrived the sky turned black! They delayed the Main Street electrical parade, but that didn't bother us too much we just headed over to tomorrowland and went on the carousel of progress! Best ride during the rain! Well we got off and still no rain so we decided to head over to space mountain (one of my personal favourites) as we were heading that way we saw stitch, chip an dale having a boogie with the crowds! I didn't know this happened but it was fantastic! We spent 10mins watching them partying and dancing with guests! Then the rain started to fall so we rushed over the space mountain, by the time the ride was over and we was out he rain had been and gone and we look to our left to see stitch, goofy and Pluto having a good old party! Did we join them?! Of course we did! :-)

After this we decided to head to the bakery down Main Street, Kev got a brownie, I got a peanut butter cupcake, and my mum got an apricot cupcake, we all thoroughly enjoyed them! Once we had eaten them the electrical parade had began and we decided to head for the train station to watch the celebrate the magic projection show and the wishes fireworks! It was actually a decent viewing point, we normally stand at the very end of Main Street, dead centre! So this was a different experience and a good one at that, it was actually cool seeing it from a different area with a completely different view. After this we headed home! Back to the resort for a much needed sleep!

Sorry for no pictures I'm currently exhausted as we have just spent the last 2 hours packing!

I will post a report on today (Friday) in the morning before we drop off he baggage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills Mom View Post

Yay!! Can't wait to see your PP+ pics when you get them!
Yes! This!!

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/

What a wonderful blog..... your piece on Wishes brought tears to my eyes !

Tony

Loved your reports and congratulations on your engagement! Will you have a Disney wedding! Loved the pics of AOA we are staying there next trip ...it was the kids first choice!

New update, sorry I didn't post on Friday or Saturday Friday was a busy day and Saturday I was super poorly. Any how Friday we got up bright and early as always and we headed straight to magic kingdom for the open ending ceremony! It was the first time any of us had seen this so it was a super magical start to the day :-) we headed over to adventure land and went on jungle cruise followed by pirates of the Caribbean before heading over to frontier land and going on big thunder mountain and then onto splash mountain where we watched before hand and everyone was getting off super dry or just their legs were getting wet, so we got on having wrapped our legs in the ponchos to stop ourselves from getting too wet, but guess what we managed to get drowned, me in particular!!! No surprise there!

After this we decided to head over to adventure land again to get ourselves a dole whip each :-)

As you can see we were rather happy about our dole whips but the weather was naff! We decided to go back to our rooms to get changed out of our super wet clothes and into something dry, by the time we got back the sun was beaming down so we decided to get our swim stuff on and head down to the nemo pool for a sim (may I add we didn't actually us the mermaid pool once, we always chose to go to the nemo pool as it was so big and the music and atmosphere made it a great place to be plus we were then close to the food court to get our refills!

Following 3 hours in the pool we got showered & changed and headed back to magic kingdom for the rest of the day! When we arrived at magic kingdom the heaven opened! We decided to poncho up and run! Well even the pinch didn't protect us that we'll so we run for the nearest shelter, one of thee boat dock queue lines! About 3 mins later the rain eased so we decided to stroll to the gated and slash in the puddles (rivers) along the way! Being the big kids we were lol was too fun, until the biggest bolt of lightening hit the ground no more than 9 feet away from us (no word of a lie, and the sky's were blue) god knows where it came from but everyone around screamed like mad and there were lots of crying children and panicky adults! Never seen anything or heard anything like it!

Any how we carried on (not strolling but practically running) went through the gates and walked down Main Street slowly for what we knew would be our last time this trip :-( we all felt a bit sad but happy at the same time, we did all the rides that evening before settling into spot ready for the projection show and wishes fireworks, it was amazing as always but this time we all had a few tears, such a magical end to our last full day of our most amazing trip!

As soon as we got back to the bus stop after park closing the heavens opened again! Today's rainfall was the most we had seen all holiday, but somehow we timed everything perfectly no it didn't effect us once! We just watched the ran and storm in awe so much rain, so much thunder, so much lightening! Was certainly a good storm, we got back and packed for hours, well into 1:30am, we were exhausted.

Saturday we all woke Up feeling grumpy,it was our last bit of holiday, we checked out of our hotel :'-( and headed for the baggage drop off for downtown Disney. Following dropping off all of our luggage we headed for international drive, had a Wendy's got some more last minute shopping and then headed back t downtown Disney to spend some time n Disney quest, none of us could quite get in the mood, it was our last day, this was it, we would be back home this time tomorrow. We pretty much moped around before waving goodbye and heading back towards the airport! It so hard ending a Disney world holiday! We got delayed by an hour at the airport due to weather and with me having a super bad cough that hour felt like it took forever. The flight however was short 7 hours 15 mins so we still arrived at normal time, I arrived home to lots of cards, some money and an iPad from my brother :-D exciting stuff, then we headed over to our nephews for his 1st birthday party where he obviously got lots of lovely Disney present from us :-) after 2 houris couldn't keep my eyes open any longer so we headed home and slept for the rest of the daunting this morning when our alarms went off for work! Back to reality :-( although today went surprisingly well and although I feel sad that we are not there I actually don't have the Disney blues yet, I'm just grateful I'm lucky enough to have been 3 times as some people wish to go for a life time and never get to go!

But we came home with some of the most amazing memories that one could wish for, and memories that will last a lifetime and will bring us a lifetime of happiness! And most of all I came back as a fiancé to the man i Love :-D this holiday could not have been more prefect! And I'm a grateful for every second of it and glad I could share it with all of you that have chose to read along.

Also a big thank you for all of the congratulation messages :-) I will post more pictures when I upload them all!!

Here are a few more pictures of our last few days that i didn't get round to uploading

Our food and drinks at the rainforest cafe (I forgot to take a picture of the starter which was super yummy) the meals also don't look that big but trust mr when I say they were huge and none of us managed to finish.

Here is a picture of a cupcake I had at the Starbucks in magic kingdom (it was peanut butter, and was delicious)

The last time we watched wishes and celebrate and dream come true!!

My pros and cons of the trip

Pros:

Staying on site at Disney for the 2nd time it was amazing and the room was out of this world, we all couldn't have asked for a more amazing room!

The buses, were very efficient and the always put on extra bus services at busy times i.e. extra magic hours, am & pm or after fireworks!

The photo pass plus was fab especially for the ride photos, which we never normally buy due to the cost!

Discovery dove, which I would highly recommend to anyone! It was such an amazing day out for all of us!

The staff at Disney, always very polite and helpful, the staff working on the gates at the entrance said welcome home quite often :-) this always puts a smile on our faces!

The food court, despite what people have said about it being too busy and crowded I would say it was very efficient and we never waited long at all for our food or to pay at the till! And we used the food court at all times of the day, never having a problem once, also the food choices were fab, I had a variety of things throughout my holiday and never got bored of the food, nor did my mum or Kev.

Busch was brilliant this time round, we were not to impressed 3 years ago but the improvements were fantastic.

The quick queue tickets in Busch and sea world are amazing and totally worth the extra dollars.

The character meet and greets were amazing, the staff and characters were super good at spotting pins on everyone nod created magical moments for all! And to top it all off you never felt rushed!

The new fantasy land so far is looking amazing! The seven dwarfs coaster is constantly changing each time we went things had been added!

I'm sure i could go on and on with pro's but I won't

Here are the cons:

There wasn't any super amazing limited time magics going on whilst we were there (but that's not really a big deal)

No extra am magic hours in the water parks sucked - we always made good use of this in past years!

The hard rock hotel, it was beautiful and very grand but it just wasn't Disney there was no magic in it, we all got into bed saying I want to go home (back to our room at the Disney resort).

A fridge would have been nice but at the same time caused us no problem what so ever. I must add toward the end of our holiday alot of them were being replaced!

Meers cabs are unless, the price was not bad but they didn't pick us up from discovery cove even though we had booked a taxi back and we tipped them super well on the outward journey! However discovery cove used bling Taxi's which cost us about 2 dollars more with a tip and the cab was luxury so that was actually quite nice!

The lack of photographers, we really had to look for them this time round where as last time we went they were everywhere! Slightly disappointing as they now have photo pass plus you'd expect them to bed more! But hey homer still got plenty of pictures.

I honestly can't think of any more cons, and thrones above are just me being slightly picky but wouldn't stop me from repeating the exact same holiday all over again!

Wow what a holiday! Thank you so much for sharing with us, a live trip report is fantastic because I can pretend I am there with you! I'm so sad that you're home now, I hope the post-Disney-depression doesn't hit you too hard (((hugs)))

Absolute utter YIKES at that bolt of lightening! I can't believe that - wow you must be glad to have been at a safe enough distance! I read a thread here on the Dis once warning people not to chance it in the rain - if it thunders, get inside! I've been keeping that in mind for future (as I know I'd want to power on through, for the love of Disney!) but as you say, blue skies - scary!

One last time, congratulations! I hope that your married life together is as happy as can be :) My husband and I were together for 8 years before getting married - I didn't think it would change us much but we really did become so much happier somehow!

Your last photo of Wishes gives me a heart-ache and butterflies in my belly. I so long to go back, can't wait! Maybe I should attempt a live TR in May - I'm no good at writing it up after we're home!

Wow what a holiday! Thank you so much for sharing with us, a live trip report is fantastic because I can pretend I am there with you! I'm so sad that you're home now, I hope the post-Disney-depression doesn't hit you too hard (((hugs)))

Absolute utter YIKES at that bolt of lightening! I can't believe that - wow you must be glad to have been at a safe enough distance! I read a thread here on the Dis once warning people not to chance it in the rain - if it thunders, get inside! I've been keeping that in mind for future (as I know I'd want to power on through, for the love of Disney!) but as you say, blue skies - scary!

One last time, congratulations! I hope that your married life together is as happy as can be :) My husband and I were together for 8 years before getting married - I didn't think it would change us much but we really did become so much happier somehow!

Your last photo of Wishes gives me a heart-ache and butterflies in my belly. I so long to go back, can't wait! Maybe I should attempt a live TR in May - I'm no good at writing it up after we're home!

Awe thanks I'm glad you enjoyed reading along, and I'm glad to say I don't have any disney depression just many happy thoughts, plus I have the dis boards and other people's trip reports or pre trip reports to keep me going until we go again at some point, I can honestly say besides being dreadfully ill my first 2 days back at work have been fine and nothing can stop me right now, I'm on cloud 9 even being back home, I had such a good time, the engagement was amazing, I think I just needed a break from normal life full stop, it's given me such a boost, not to mention the fact I can't wait to see what the future holds, I'm starting my driving lessons up again soon, and we are saving for a house and want to try for a baby so there are many good things that lie ahead for the 2 of us which makes me one super happy lady :-)

Them pictures of wishes give me butterflies to! Such a beautiful show :-) makes me happy :-)

Let me also add doing a live trip report was great it so nice to look back on! I hope to make a photo book and will add things I've wrote on my trip report to each page to match the day, I'm very excited to make this especially with the fact I have my report to look back on! It'd actually a really nice thing to write at the end of every day! I honestly thoroughly enjoyed writing it a did recommend anyone on here to do it as its such a great memory to look back in and I had so much fun writing it! I really hope you enjoy your trip in may and I also really hope that you can write a live/almost live trip report whilst you are there!

What a great live trip report!

It's been so much fun to follow along with your adventures and once again congratulations on your engagement :)

Ok so I actually cannot wait to show you all some of the pictures that were taken using the photopass plus! So I've taken a few pictures off them with me phone! They are taken from my iPad screen so they are not the clearest but just wanted to give you all a sneak peek! They actually made me well up a little! They melt my heart! So magical and they captured the most amazing moments! I will post them in about 5 mins! So keep watching! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter