• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back.. Vistana Villages and mold

Tense

Mouseketeer
Well... I just spent 8 days at VV. I'll start by saying I've stayed at the Sheraton Vistana resort in Lake Buena Vista in Cascades last year and Everything was clean and perfect.. OK now...I understand that everyone has had great luck with this property. My daughter went down in January and stayed in Building 6 and it was clean and great! I recomended this hotel to her because we had stayed at the other Vistana and was pleased and this was brand new... IT must be better! Well... not for me!..............Deep breath...We checked in around 12:00pm and the room was not ready... NOT a big deal... They told me where I was going to be... BUILDING 4 room 303. OK... so off to Seaworld we go. Come back at 4:30pm and pick up our room keys and off we go. Well.. on the surface the room looked fine. So I unloaded the car, and we headed off for dinner and grocery shopping. Got back around 10:00pm and turned the beds down... and YUCK.. the SPREADS were stained and dirty, not just on my bed but my DD bed as well. OK...pealed them off and put them on the floor. Went to give my DD a bath and the toilets had black mold all around the rims and ours(master) had worse on the outside) now the Master bath literally had 2 inches of black mold all around the shower doors(like a frame.. but worse on the bottom and in the tracks) mold on the tiles and and floor. btw DD and myself are allergic to mold... my DD got extremely sick 3 days into our vacation).... OOOO kay... it's getting late, and both the bathrooms are pretty gross. I told her let just hope in the Jacuzzi...MISTAKE!!!!! I filled the tub, and turned it on and BLACK chunks of various sizes came flying out!NOW I'm not happy.... OK not the Jacuzzi either. drained it to look closer and the filter was full of pink mold as well as the jets co mingling with some black mold and hair... pretty pictue huh! I had some disinfecting wipes with me but it won't do any good for mold. (I forgot to buy bleach) cleaned up the master shower the best I could SHowered DD and all and went to sleep. I called the Front Desk first theing in the morning and gave my complaints because now, we had notice fungus and mold on the windows in the MAster Bedroom, all the glass was dirty everywhere (mirrors..)ants in the kitchen and pantry, Dishes in VERY poor shape counter with crumbs and dirt still on it, and the room didn't look vacuumed, and I told them about the bedspreads. The reply was ahha... ok.. yeah.. I'll tell someone. I felt like I wasn't being listened to. But accepted their word and left for the day. MISTAKE 2.. came home and nothing... NOTHING was done to remedy the problem. Once again it's late at night so I call in the morning. The man at the Front desk tells me there is no thing noted about the problems , apologized and sent someone up within 30 minutes. Nettie from housekepping(supervisor) saw the condition of the villa. WOW... ok we'll have it cleaned. So a poor lady named Carmen came in and had to remove the shower doors to clean them, and scrubbed and srubbed. .....I MUST have had the family from _ell in the unit before me OR it never gets thourghly cleaned after each family. The armoir in the Master bedroom was broken( bottom draw fell out and didn't close) I sanatized the kitchen and dishes... they still had food remains on the plates and silverware.... ALOT of this I said nothing about to anyone... because at least the big stuff got 'fixed'... ants were always in the kitchen though. I will write to the Vistana and let them know. SOoooo sorry this is so long.:( :( :( :( :( :(

Tense

I am sorry that you did not like your room at V.V.
This is a big surprise to me because this resort is suppose to be one of the better resorts.
Did you ask to have your room changed?
I am planning on staying at this resort. Can you tell me more about the staff, were they
friendly and helpful? How was the pool area? Did they have alot of things for children to
do? What about transportation, how often did the bus pick people up?

As you can see Iam very interested in this resort. Anything you can tell me will be helpful.

Thank you and again Iam sorry you didn't like your stay.

Deborahsew

My daughter and family stayed in January. They were in building 6 and had a clean and great room. On checking out, on my trip, the family in front of us were trying to rent a room. The front desk told them at 10:00am there are no rooms ready. The family said ok, do you have ANY available rooms, he again told them yes, but they were not CLEAN. This family said OK we'll take it. He told them that they would get a dirty room, and they said that they would clean it. Soooo... I wonder if this happens often, and perhaps that's why the room I got was so far behind in cleanliness. You know one mans clean isn't another man idea of clean. The pool was very nice, they have floats you can rent or buy. A zero entry for handicapped and toddlers is nice. They list activities for the week, but don't hold your breath, because if there aren't enough people to do it, it won't get done! I found most of the workers pleasant. I didn't have an occasion to use the transportation, so I can't help there, sorry. Any other questions I can answer , please let me know!

Sorry to hear about your experience. I must say I am shocked. I have been in 7 different rooms in different buildings and have never encountered anything but immaculate conditions! I would like to say that it seems a lot of people who post that are unsatisfied with their rooms do not ask to be moved immediatley. This is your best course of action. You should not have given them a chance to clean it, you should have demanded to be moved. Of course if they are sold out that option is not available. Do not feel bad or like you are being unreasonable to ask for a room change. People do it all the time. Hope this will help someone else when they have a problem like that. Also, the management I have encountered at the Vistana Villages are EXTREMELY helpful and will go out of their way to remedy a problem. I am not talking about front desk personnel, ask to talk with a manager if you have a problem. Sorry again about your bad experience. One other piece of advice, do not call the front desk, go down in person, you will have better luck. Tense, hope you realize I am just listing these things for other peoples benefits, not to pick on you!! Trying to let someone else avoid this scenario.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter