JUST BACK - NEW DDP changes in action (Photo added)

Lack of a childrens menu doesn't mean children can't get a meal at a particular location, like Pizza Planet. Children have to order off of children's menus when available. If there is no children's menu available they order off the regular menu.

Lack of a childrens menu doesn't mean children can't get a meal at a particular location, like Pizza Planet. Children have to order off of children's menus when available. If there is no children's menu available they order off the regular menu.

And still use a child credit? This is where I am very confused...

I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly, since we leave tomorrow :banana: and planned on eating lunch at PP since DS3 is a huge Toy Story fan.

Since there is no kids menu option, kids should not only still be able to order from PP, but it should also be a childs credit if on DDP, right? I am a little worried with the new system in this situation, but I'm thinking if we have 2 adults and 2 children on the plan and order our 4 meals there it would be correct? I just don't want to be charged 4 adults because then we wouldn't have enough adult credits for the remaining meals.

If anyone has been there since the 1st, let me know what your experience was. If we have any problems I'll just pay OOP for the kids there. I'll post when I return if I find anything out.

Thanks for any insight!

There are a few eateries that participate on the Dining Plan that simply don't have child menus. At those eateries, children order from the regular menu, and yet still only "cost" a child credit. Of course, any of these places could institute a child menu at any time, so be forewarned.

From the Disney Dining Plan FAQ:
I understand that where there is no child menu, children can order off the regular menu. Which CS locations do not have a separate child menu?

* Catalina Eddie
* Taluca Turkey Legs
* Cool Wash Pizza
* Casey's
* Pete's Doggone Good dogs
* Pizza Planet
* Sommerfest

I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly, since we leave tomorrow :banana: and planned on eating lunch at PP since DS3 is a huge Toy Story fan.

Since there is no kids menu option, kids should not only still be able to order from PP, but it should also be a childs credit if on DDP, right? I am a little worried with the new system in this situation, but I'm thinking if we have 2 adults and 2 children on the plan and order our 4 meals there it would be correct? I just don't want to be charged 4 adults because then we wouldn't have enough adult credits for the remaining meals.

If anyone has been there since the 1st, let me know what your experience was. If we have any problems I'll just pay OOP for the kids there. I'll post when I return if I find anything out.

Thanks for any insight!

My suggestion is to eat there anyway. Save your receipt(s) and then visit the hotel concierge desk if you are charged 4 Adult CS credits. They'll be able to fix it for you.

The changes to the DDP should not hurt anyone's vacation plans! I will suggest to you that you may not require 4 meals at a time at CS venues. We often split 2 Adult meals at lunch time for the 2 A/2 C in our party. We ordered childrens breakfasts (and shared those- supplemented w/ snack credits and refillable mugs).

Have a good trip!

Thanks for this info Starbox! Ok how about this? I take my DD to pizza planet and we order her a meal off the regular menu since there is no child options. But none of the adults order a meal. Do we have to specifically say this is for my DD please use a child credit for it? I don't want to lose my adult credit getting her a meal. Thanks anyone who knows.

Thanks for the suggestions and clarification regarding Pizza Planet. We are in our hotel near Chicago, ready to fly out early in the am!! Can't wait!

The CM's are always very helpful. Say that you are ordering for 2A and 2C. Just explain to the CM what you are ordering and "that's 2A and 2C, right?" This way it's clear for you and the CM and you won't have problems after the receipt is printed. Ideal no, but then you know what you're getting.

Ok, so how about this scenario. I posted this question on the Mcdonald's thread and it became a ridiculous debate on whether McDonald's is good for you. Whatever. Not my question! Anyway, one day dh wants to eat at China CS. I want to eat at Mexico CS. My ds is 4 and would like the McNugget meal at the kiosk in the WS. We have 2A1C on the plan. How can we make sure his meal is charged as a Child cs, especially since the adults won't be eating there. Just say my ds is having blah blah blah? I don't want to cheat the plan, I just want to make sure he gets billed for what he eats so to speak, and not bill the adult cs credits.

Ok, so how about this scenario. I posted this question on the Mcdonald's thread and it became a ridiculous debate on whether McDonald's is good for you. Whatever. Not my question! Anyway, one day dh wants to eat at China CS. I want to eat at Mexico CS. My ds is 4 and would like the McNugget meal at the kiosk in the WS. We have 2A1C on the plan. How can we make sure his meal is charged as a Child cs, especially since the adults won't be eating there. Just say my ds is having blah blah blah? I don't want to cheat the plan, I just want to make sure he gets billed for what he eats so to speak, and not bill the adult cs credits.

A childs meal will be taken off as a child credit no matter who orders it (or eats it).

Well, since there is no "child's meal" at that kiosk, rather just the 9 piece meal with fries, drink, and mcflurry, this is where the confusion starts. Obviously, if it was a happy meal, question answered. But, because it is kind of ambiguous due to the fact that it is not designated child or adult.

Well, since there is no "child's meal" at that kiosk, rather just the 9 piece meal with fries, drink, and mcflurry, this is where the confusion starts. Obviously, if it was a happy meal, question answered. But, because it is kind of ambiguous due to the fact that it is not designated child or adult.

If there is no childrens menu and the kiosk accepts the DDP, then a child should be able to order from the menu and be charged a child's credit. If you have available credits, it shouldn't be a problem. That's my understanding... of course, I believe everyone's waiting to see if some of these places change their menus to add a childrens menu.

I guess I would probably have the child standing next to me as I order it. Your scenario sounds fine to me.

I would also suggest this ... if you do get charged an adult meal credit, I would take your receipts from all 3 places to your resort's concierge to get it resolved. They would see that both you and your DH used the DDP for adult meals from the 2 other places and then used the DDP for the kiosk. Keep those receipts!

Hope you have a great trip.

We just returned as well and used the DDP. Table service credits were separated into adult and child credits buit counter service were not. We were given two separate totals only for table service. My kids shared child meals on two days and we were left with two extra counter service credits. We used them to buy pizza at Pizzafari (only on the adult menu) without any problem. My kids wouldn't eat anything on the kid's menu there (only 2 choices, none which are pizza).

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;16287508]We just returned as well and used the DDP. Table service credits were separated into adult and child credits buit counter service were not. We were given two separate totals only for table service. My kids shared child meals on two days and we were left with two extra counter service credits. We used them to buy pizza at Pizzafari (only on the adult menu) without any problem. My kids wouldn't eat anything on the kid's menu there (only 2 choices, none which are pizza).[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info....

good to know if my dd would actually eat something
other than nuggets and fries....she can at cs...choices:cool1:

Kerri

Just to clarify, we were able to do this on our last day with our remaining two credits (because kids had shgared earlier in the week). We did not try to order more than our 2 adults meals in one day.

[QUOTE="Cinder" Ella's Mom;16287508]We just returned as well and used the DDP. Table service credits were separated into adult and child credits buit counter service were not. We were given two separate totals only for table service. My kids shared child meals on two days and we were left with two extra counter service credits. We used them to buy pizza at Pizzafari (only on the adult menu) without any problem. My kids wouldn't eat anything on the kid's menu there (only 2 choices, none which are pizza).[/QUOTE]

I'm curious as to where your kids found child choices they could share. As I recall, the child choices we encountered were so small - four chicken nuggets and a few fries, for instance - and awful! I cannot imagine there being enough to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter