Just back: Issue 2 - call out line cheaters, or mind your own busines?

It depends. Is it a parent with a child or a tour group busting the line? Not sweating the parent and child, but the group? ::yes::

I am generally very non-confrontational. If I saw someone blatantly cutting I would probably just stare them down. If there was a CM around, I might talk to the CM about it. I don't mind seeing a parent and a child joining another parent in line because I assume that the child needed to leave the line for some reason. What I mind is when I see one person in line ahead of me and then 4-5 people jump in at the last minute. Lame.

Twice we've had a group jump from the regular line into the fastpass line ahead of us. Other than a very irate 6 year old, we didn't say anything until we got to the second scan point. They were trying to BS the employees that their bands weren't working, so we helpfully informed the CM that they had just line jumped. They were forced back to leave the FP+ line and told to rejoin the end of the regular line of they wanted to ride.

It depends on the day - how frustrated and tired I am. How hot (or cold!) it is and how lonnngggg the line is.

But, usually, I won't say anything. And, when I do, I embarrass my husband. :crazy: (and usually wind up feeling awkward later!)

So on Saturday we were waiting for the Festival of Fantasy parade in the Disabled Seating section across from the Hall of Presidents. About 10 minutes before the parade a guy and his daughter (maybe 3 years old) sneak under the rope between two wheelchairs and sit on the pavement. The lady in one of the wheelchairs says "This section is for disabled people and their families." The guy pretends not to speak English. The CM comes over with another scooter family and sees him and says absolutely nothing even though he wasn't there 2 minutes earlier. I decide not to say anything either since if it wasn't worth it to the cast member to question him, then its not my place either.

If I were that cast member and I saw the guy sitting between the wheelchairs, and none of the other guests said anything about him to me, I'd probably assume he and his daughter were with one of the guests with disabilities and had just been slow to come meet them for the parade. Bit unfair to assume he wouldn't have done anything about it when no one told him there was a problem.

One thing I noticed on our last trip two weeks ago is that the FP+ side doesn't scan the Mickey's at the ride anymore. It's just at the entrance. So what you do is you go in the standby and then jump into the FP+ line after you get past the first mickey markers. It works every time!

My husband will loudly sound like a siren or alert tone and say "Line Cutters, Line Cutters, Line Cutters"... Not in an angry voice like wanting to start a fight but more of an annoyance tone to just draw enough attention to make everyone look their way and make them uncomfortable.

In this case, I wouldn't say anything, except to tell my son that we would not be doing that. It's not harming us, so I would mind my own business. I saw a similar thing on Forbidden Journey, but for some reason, the single rider line was moving slower than the normal line. We didn't say anything, and I actually didn't think it that wrong, considering that we had been in the single rider line longer than the posted wait. However, if someone cuts in front of me, I am calling them out. I told a group of about 10 teens that were trying to cut up in line on Gringott's to meet some friends, that a couple of people was fine, but there were too many of them and it was too far into the line and it was just line cutting and rude and inconsiderate. More than half of them decided to stay where they were, instead of cutting way up through the line. They looked pretty embarrassed and ashamed. We undervalue shame a lot in our society;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter