Just back: Issue 2 - call out line cheaters, or mind your own busines?

Generally speaking, line cutters seem to be of two types IMO i) oblivious and unintentional (and normally a bit embarrassed once they realize) or ii) intentional and don't give a damn and willing to argue it. I say let it go or rat them out to a CM

Based on many posts here, it seems most of us put up with line cutting by myob and staying quiet.
What would happen if everyone called them out/didn't let them pass (this may be more effective)?
Would the social pressure be enough to discourage the practice?

What if a small child had to use the restroom and a parent left the line with them to take care of business? Would that parent and child be okay to "cut" back in line? How would you know the difference if you weren't close to them in line? (This was us on one trip and we just left the line, went to the bathroom, and then went to the end of the line. All four of us. Lesson for the kiddos, use the bathroom before we get in line!)

I would give them a dirty look and then let it go. Not worth the argument. You never know how people will react if you say things these days.

Threads like this are why I'm so glad my six flags has a number you can text to quietly report a description of line jumpers and security comes into line to find and confront them. It ends in removal from the park 9/10 times. Line jumping is a problem every trip we have at WDW, and even if you tell a CM they usually don't do anything about it.

I would actually call or message WDW and tell them what you said about 6 Flags. If enough people actually complain about line jumping & indicate they prefer other parks over Disney in this area, Disney might begin to listen & try to stop it.

I would actually call or message WDW and tell them what you said about 6 Flags. If enough people actually complain about line jumping & indicate they prefer other parks over Disney in this area, Disney might begin to listen & try to stop it.

I think it's a totally different game trying to do this at Disney over Six Flags. I love how well it works at the Six Flags I live by and work at, but I can't see it going smoothly at Disney just because of the sheer volume of guests they draw in compared to Six Flags. With the recent cutbacks Disney is going through, I'm not sure they'd bother taking the time to hire as much security as they'd need in each park to do this. I think it would be a good idea in the long run, but can't see Disney doing it until they've got things under control enough to move past the cutbacks.

If they had cut in front of my family I would definitely say something. Otherwise, I am not the line police. If the people they cut in front of aren't bothered then I have no dog in that fight.

My wife and I are both women of size and she is an Assistant District Attorney. Try climbing up our butts in line and see how well that works for you. :joker:

Last edited:
I usually have no problem confronting people, but line cutters at Disney.... Nah... I'm not going to ruin my happy place because someone else is a jerk. I might give them the side eye. But karma will get them.

I think it's rude but I probably wouldn't say anything. I'm on vacation and I'm not going to let them ruin it. That said, if my daughter commented on it, which is usually does being 4, I will loudly tell her how wrong it is etc. and use it as a teaching moment. Sadly I know that only allows the behavior to go on but really I don't feel like it's my place to say anything, especially since CMs don't seem to have any interest in confronting them either. My luck I'd get kicked out or something for fighting.

This happened to us on 7DMT. There was a group taking a bit longer to look at the stones, we were behind them patiently waiting.. Keep in mind that there was maybe 5 ft of space in front of them and then stopped line again, so I didn't think it was a problem..
All of the sudden a family of 6 rudely rushes past us and the people in front. I definitely gave them each a dirty look!lol

I have another issue that drives me nuts though-
The family who sends one in line while the rest finish up doing something else. Seriously it irks me when the other 3-4 people push past 20 or so others to reach their line keeper.

I'm not the moral police, but confrontation upsets me and so does unfairness. So I have to decide if I want to stand up for myself or let it go.

Last trip at Hollywood studios entrance there were two people in front of us. By opening the family grew to 10 people and a scooter. The cm let them all join after she put us in that line - it was so frustrating. And their tickets didn't work!! But I didn't say anything- focus on the good etc.

Another time a woman pushed her way to near the front. A place wherewe were waiting and got there by being early. I said- wait it's a line- she she it doesn't matter she was headed to guest services so she didn't have to wait in line. When we got up to the front I step in front of her and scanned my band. She was furious- husband said it was interesting she didn't mind cutting in front of people, but got mad when people cut in from of her.

Just to reemphasize, since the rest of the regular line waiters were in the preshow room when this happened (the violators jumped into the end of the regular line), there was no one to call them out except for people in the single rider line. I issued my medium toned "boo" and left it at that. Choices were an escalated controntation or tell CMs. I did neither and let it go as DW suggested....

Based on many posts here, it seems most of us put up with line cutting by myob and staying quiet.
What would happen if everyone called them out/didn't let them pass (this may be more effective)?
Would the social pressure be enough to discourage the practice?

What if a small child had to use the restroom and a parent left the line with them to take care of business? Would that parent and child be okay to "cut" back in line? How would you know the difference if you weren't close to them in line? (This was us on one trip and we just left the line, went to the bathroom, and then went to the end of the line. All four of us. Lesson for the kiddos, use the bathroom before we get in line!)

But you will never see everyone band together like that It's just not the way -- no one wants to stick their neck out. Heck they won't even do it for life or death situations.

But you will never see everyone band together like that It's just not the way -- no one wants to stick their neck out. Heck they won't even do it for life or death situations.

bugs%2Blife%2Bunited.jpg

:rolleyes1

To this point, as alluded there was no social pressure as most of it was withheld in the preshow. Just a few single riders including ourselves, and not too much.

My take is that Disney knows about this (I am sure from security cameras) and just puts up with it. Let it go is probably the order of the day - similar to everything else, such as say, traffic people who merge at the last second while most merge while they can. Annoying but let it go - not worth the road rage or any similar controntation

I'm thinking that CMs do nothing moreso because they are supposed to encourage 'magic' rather than risk drama over line cutting. And we were the line cutters on our last trip. We got in line to meet princesses. Sign said 90 minute wait. We're 3 families into the line and DD5 starts crying and saying she is going to puke. It's me, my adult cousin, DD7, DD5 and baby DD. Meeting the princess was really all DD7 wanted to do this trip and I knew how sick DD5 had been the week before. I made a judgement call, left cousin in line with DD7 and left baby DD with them since I didn't know what I would need to do for DD5. I ended up having DD5 take a nap in the stroller but got a text after about 55 minutes from cousin saying that baby DD was done and being very loud about it. Again, made a judgement call and DD5 and I made our way through the line. We did have some people that didn't seem to want to let us through and honestly if anyone would have tried to stop us, I would have explained the situation but not worth ruining the day with arguing. Turns out that pretty much everyone in line near my cousin was trying to keep baby DD happy and none of them were upset with how quiet DD got once I got there (apparently the room where you wait for princesses echos). The good news is that DD5 really had no interest in the princesses and we just put all 3 girls in the pictures together so really adding me and DD5 back into the group really didn't cause any more of a wait for those we went past.

Line cutters are annoying. I don't really care for the rides where the CMs tell you to fill in the empty space (Pirates, Haunted Mansion) because I have seen people push their way to the front. I mean you are at Disney and want to have a magical day but sometimes you have to say something.

Just to reemphasize, since the rest of the regular line waiters were in the preshow room when this happened (the violators jumped into the end of the regular line), there was no one to call them out except for people in the single rider line. I issued my medium toned "boo" and left it at that. Choices were an escalated controntation or tell CMs. I did neither and let it go as DW suggested....

I think I would have reported it to a cm, after letting the family know that line cutting could get them thrown out of the park ( that is still true, right)? Even if the cm did nothing, having the adults worry about that might have them think twice about trying it again. Based on how and when they did it, that was planned. If no one says anything, people will continue to cheat the system. But I imagone a post on these boards that said they saw a family thrown out of the park for line cutting could do wonders. Heck, it was recently reported they barred a man for life for joking about a meth lab. Surely they can follow through on calling out line jumpers. People that leave to use the restroom don't bother me as much. With some of the wait times, who can hold it for 2 hours? But what the OP described was intentional abuse of the system.

Seriously, line cutting really is not that big of a deal. It certainly is not life or death. I feel certain that most of us who just don't get worked up about something as trivial as line cutting would jump in if we saw somebody in a dangerous situation. Maybe everything is a battle for you while the rest of us choose ours carefully? :confused3

The bottom line is that Disney simply does not care. Until they enforce their own rules, it is senseless to say something to another guest who does not care either.

Line cutters are annoying. I don't really care for the rides where the CMs tell you to fill in the empty space (Pirates, Haunted Mansion) because I have seen people push their way to the front. I mean you are at Disney and want to have a magical day but sometimes you have to say something.

On the flip-side of that, when you have a CM constantly telling/yelling at people to move up and those in front of you wont budge, ya kinda have no choice but to walk ahead and fill in space. ;)

I just don't let them by - period. I'm a big, imposing male though and if I don't want to move you're not moving me. I despise idiots and rude people.
I ride a scooter. Park it a little sideways, and no one gets through.

I had a group try on 7DMT. It was about 7 guys trying to "catch up with their group. They had pushed and bullied their way up to me, but couldn't get past me. I asked how many more were up ahead. Suddenly, they couldn't remember. One answered "more than 10," and others gave different numbers.

I just looked at them, smiled, and "said, I don't think so." They stayed behind me. I also informed the CM. They were still in conversation when our train pulled out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter