just back from SSR (report)

cooz

Earning My Ears
I was at SSR from Oct. 24 to Oct 31. Quick check in, got parking lot/construction view. Booked at 11 month window with only request being a DD view. Asked if I could wait for a better view, they said no DD views available that day.

Artist palette had good food. limited menu.

Pools weren't crowded.

5 minute walk to Marketplace. Took 45 minutes to take boat from DD back to SSR. had to take boat to marketplace then transfer to boat to SSR.

next to last nite was terrible. Air condition broke down at 1a.m./ And it was pumping out heat. woke up sweating, room was 80degs. called maintence, took over hour to get there, then another hour to fix problem(loose connection) they don't keep maintence personnel on site after midnite. they had to come from MGM. I at least expected a call from somebody the next day to apologize. NOTHING!!!

I probably won't stay at SSR for a few years. will wait to they finish construction and iron out problems.

(Room 1830 congress park)

Sorry to hear that one of your nights was so bad. Bad luck to have the A/C go out in the middle of the night when maintenance personnel are probably on a skeleton shift.

Thanks for taking the time to share your impressions, even the unfavorable ones.

What a way to end your vacation! SSR is our home resort as well and I'm thinking we might wait to go home until it's a little less under construction.
Hope you had a Happy Halloween anyway!

I hear your concern about the SSR. I feel bad for you. My family went this past July and had a wonderful time there. The food was fine but very limited. Not sure how they plan to serve more guests when the entire place opens up. I also worry that the main pool with the slide will become very crowded even with the small quiet pools they have. We are planning to go back there. I will let you know what comes of it. Sorry you had a terrible night there.

Wow, that's too bad. I have a really low tolerance for things like that, and an apology was certainly in order.

I still can't wait to try it, though!

Thanks for the report.

We just returned from SS ourselves - Oct 24-29. Stayed in a 2 bedroom with a nice view of DD and midnight fireworks (very short). Great room (2221). No complaints about the food & services available. The pool is great, but I agree it will become overcrowded once all the units are built.

Food & wine festival was fun. Also went to Universal's "Horror nights" - far too many people for what they had, but my wife had done enough research to pay extra for the 'fast pass' like ticket which made the 1 hour lines for each haunted house into 5 minute lines... Target market is the 13-30 year old...

Jeff

If the problem was so bad that you couldn't sleep that night, and in consequence, "lost a day",

I'd ask for the points back for that day, plus any parkhopper days reinstated.

JMHO, Goldi

Of course, if it was only a matter of being inconvenienced, then I wouldn't.....

Up to you to decide, how bad was it????

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!!!

Allison

I'm sorry you ran into bad luck at SSR. Heat and humidity in FL with no AC would be a real nightmare (I've done it in Destin).

I would suggest, next time, to make sure that the actual resort management is aware of how much you have been inconvenienced. Many times, these calls go directly to maintenance...or to a call center that handles all of the "front desk" calls.

We had a problem at SSR where they were trying to fix someone's electrical problem and wanted to get into our room at midnight (with kids sleeping on the couch!). They thought they were in the studio next door to us...but after going round and round with them on the phone, trying to check the locked breaker box ourselves and waiting for the maintenance guy to show up...we called back. The call didn't even go to the actual front desk at SSR...we had to be transferred to them. They finally realized they were calling the *wrong building*. I pity the poor people in the right building who were woken up by maintenance without a phone call!

Anyway...they were extremely apologetic and told us breakfast was on them the next morning. I wouldn't have asked for my points back, as the whole ordeal only took about 45 minutes. If you wake up mad...go down and talk to them. The Disney folks have always made it up to me if there was a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter