• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from SSR- Grandstand Section!

kamgen

DIS Veteran
We just returned from 4 nights at SSR in a studio in the Grandstand section.
I just wanted to share how much we liked it!!! We were in room 8336 in the 1st building with a bus stop right there! The room was great and the view was a nice one of the pool area. I will try and post a pic of the view soon.

We loved the pool area and our 19mth old son LOVED the interactive play area!!!! It was never busy and even though we didnt go, they did show movies at that pool two of the nights we were there.

We also ate at the Turf Club Bar & Grill and thought the service and the food was great. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay!:thumbsup2

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Silly questions but how do they show movies at the pool? On a tv? and you watch from the loungers? What movies did they show?

I would love to have a pool view, cant wait to go back to SSR :)

We just returned from 4 nights at SSR in a studio in the Grandstand section.
I just wanted to share how much we liked it!!! We were in room 8336 in the 1st building with a bus stop right there! The room was great and the view was a nice one of the pool area. I will try and post a pic of the view soon.

We loved the pool area and our 19mth old son LOVED the interactive play area!!!! It was never busy and even though we didnt go, they did show movies at that pool two of the nights we were there.

We also ate at the Turf Club Bar & Grill and thought the service and the food was great. All in all, we really enjoyed our stay!:thumbsup2

Thanks for you review. We just boaght into DVC at SSR but havn't used it yet but are hopefully planning to soon and its such a large resort we have not idea where to begin to decide to stay.

We also just returned from our visit home at SSR. I had requested the Springs section and totally panicked when we were put in the Paddock section. We had never seen the resort and from what we had read on the boards, we thought we were going to be so far away from everything. We were pleasantly suprised by how deceivng the maps of SSR are. We were a real short walk from the Springs. We had a great quiet pool area with barbecue grills and laundry room service. There was a bus stop right outside our building. We sent a half day touring the resort and we found that each area has its own unique offering. You can't go wrong with any of the sections. The only section that seems to be "out there" is the Carousel area.

We love SSR...........

Thanks for the review of The Grandstand area. Sounds really nice there. We stayed in Congress Park and loved the closeness of the Marketplace. Does the Grandstand area have a path to the Marketplace as well do you know?

We're hoping for the Grandstands when we check-in this coming Sunday! We've always stayed at Congress Park and we're hoping to see what it's like at the other end of the resort. Any place at SSR will be fine.

Thanks for the review of The Grandstand area. Sounds really nice there. We stayed in Congress Park and loved the closeness of the Marketplace. Does the Grandstand area have a path to the Marketplace as well do you know?

No path to the Marketplace from Grandstand, but there is a path to DTD West Side right there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter