Just back from POR...

snowymouse said:
Do you think the fold down bed in Allegator Bayou rooms is as big as the previous roll away or pullman bed?

We stayed at POR back in 2010 and the third bed was perfect for my DD, but she is three years older now and probably a foot taller (around 4'9").

The DS and DD don't like sleeping in the same bed, so we will need three beds to work with our group.

Thanks!

It may not be as big. I don't know. However we stayed in November 2011 renovated room and my 14 year old who was 5 ft at the time slept just fine on the Murphy bed.

Hi! :wave2:

Glad your family had a great time at POR! I think this is the mod I would like to try in the future due to great reviews such as this one! Thanks again for this great TR!!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

lililoo12 said:
how are the rooms? t says it fits 5 and a baby under 3 but would it be really tight with two playpens? I have two under 2. TIA

We have 5 plus infant and we are having desk removed to place stroller and playpens, I am going in 10 days, I will let you know! Luckily my sister is in an adjoining room and she only has 4 but no little ones so if it is too cramped my 6yr old will walk over and stay in her room!

We have 5 plus infant and we are having desk removed to place stroller and playpens

hmmm....we did not have a desk in our room. Just the 2 queen beds, table and chairs, banquet bed and fridge. Oh and a little set of 2 shelves.

I arrive for our stay at POR one week from tomorrow. I can't wait! :cool1:

RubySlippers said:
hmmm....we did not have a desk in our room. Just the 2 queen beds, table and chairs, banquet bed and fridge. Oh and a little set of 2 shelves.

You are right! Lol it is the table and chairs that are being removed!

We have 5 plus infant and we are having desk removed to place stroller and playpens, I am going in 10 days, I will let you know! Luckily my sister is in an adjoining room and she only has 4 but no little ones so if it is too cramped my 6yr old will walk over and stay in her room!

We were 6 this past August. we had pour then 3 months old, 6yo triplets dh and I. 2 of our girls fitted on 1 queen which we picked the one closer to bathroom, and they took turns on the little bed. then we had a play pen for the baby.

I put the play pen for my dd right between the wall and the bed closer to the door. We were still able to open the door and all. we folded our stroller every evening and stored it by the table against the wall. We could have used the table and 1 chair if we needed it. If the table and chair are moved, the PPen fits there but it's right in front of the A/C and it gets cold if going in the summer(when we went). that was our first solution but then moved things so that crib could be by the bed which was a bit warmer. Just a thought.

for the person asking about 2 play pen... it is doable if you get the table removed and put 1 crib where the table goes and the other between the wall and bed rcloser to the door but it will be a tight fit.

Just booked for May! Can you recommend a section of the mansions to request? Or are the all the same and located near the main pool?

We're booked in April at POR in AB Preferred room. Can't wait to go back. Had planned on POFQ, but at almost $100 cheaper with the AP rates, we decided to go back to POR. We haven't stayed there in years, but absolutely loved the boat to DTD. Hope to do the carriage ride, too.

We were 6 this past August. we had pour then 3 months old, 6yo triplets dh and I. 2 of our girls fitted on 1 queen which we picked the one closer to bathroom, and they took turns on the little bed. then we had a play pen for the baby.

I put the play pen for my dd right between the wall and the bed closer to the door. We were still able to open the door and all. we folded our stroller every evening and stored it by the table against the wall. We could have used the table and 1 chair if we needed it. If the table and chair are moved, the PPen fits there but it's right in front of the A/C and it gets cold if going in the summer(when we went). that was our first solution but then moved things so that crib could be by the bed which was a bit warmer. Just a thought.

for the person asking about 2 play pen... it is doable if you get the table removed and put 1 crib where the table goes and the other between the wall and bed rcloser to the door but it will be a tight fit.

We're planning on going in April and was going to ask if our family of 5 will fit ok, but after reading your post....I guess we will, lol.

I posted this on the POR thread but I wanted people that may be on the fence about POR to see our review of our FAVORITE resort:thumbsup2

We just got back and had a FANTASTIC time at POR-AB!:thumbsup2 We booked a preferred room and at check in we were told that we could have a room in building 18 now or wait and have a room in building 15. We had been up since 3am so we took the room that was ready!:laughing:

The room was VERY clean! I even checked the tops of the mirrors...:blush: no dust! LOL!

The main pool heater was broken during our stay so it was COLD....but the quiet pools were perfect.

Bus service was GREAT!! We never waited more than 10 mins going to and from places.

The boat service was another story:rolleyes2 It took us more than a hour to get back from DTD because there was an issue with boat captains and shift changes:confused3 We missed our ADR at Boatwrights because of the delay.

They were able to take us late but our DD melted half way through dinner and I took her back to the room. My DH and son stayed and finished dinner. It was DELISH! They brought my dessert back to the room for me!:lovestruc

We have stayed at POR many times and we have always loved it. This time was no different and we will be back! We booked a bounceback offer for OCT.

GREAT Staff, GREAT Atmosphere, GREAT Vacation....can't ask for more!:goodvibes:thumbsup2:goodvibes

I really want to stay at POR now after your review but really want to do the royal guest room; however my 2 yo will turn 3 before our visit in Sept making our party size 5. I was worried about bus transportation with 3 little ones so that's making me hesitate making the change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter