Just back from GV HHI

NJDVCmember

Mouseketeer
Just back from a great week at HHI. Stayed in a GV for a second time and it was fantastic! Very clean.... So roomy ....and the large table was great for our dinners in!

We didn't get our marsh view request and it did get loud at night with people hanging out in the middle area. Also had some loud people staying around us. It is amazing how people don't respect others....loud late at night...blocking stairways with their beach stuff and coolers, .leaving garbage in front of their doors....unbelievable.

But the resort was as wonderful as always.

Beach water was unbelievably warm! The beach house pool was the coldest!

Great dinner at Scott's , black marlin, crazy crab and wild wings!

Charter boat Gullah gul at shelter cove was the highlight of the guys week. Was worth the money spent!!!

Can't wait to go back next year!!!

We will be there this Friday. When you mention Scott's is that the Fish Market at shelter cove?

Where else did you eat? Can you recommended, especially seafood (casual/maybe outdoor)?

My boys are 18,14 & 12, any advice?

Thanks.....

Scott's is at shelter cove....not really a fish market! Went there twice and the seafood/fish dinners were outstanding! Another great seafood restaurant is The Black Marlin in palmetto marina..a car ride. That was also very good! The sea shack is excellent, very reasonable.....not scenery and very very crowded, go early and bring back to the resort.

Crazy crab on 278 was good.....lots of cats hanging around... Sort of ruined it for me. But if u sit inside you wouldn't see them!

A place we wanted to go to for the best crab legs, or so our friends say, is skull creek boathouse. Next time we will make it there.

Have a great time. Wish we were still there.

I read about Skull Creek, heard it usually has a long wait, but looked fun.

What about SaltY Dog, a friend recommended it....for food and fun.

Thanks for your help.

Mmmm salty dog....well we did have lunch there....a fun thing for you to do is rent bikes at the south beach bike rentals for the day or 4 hours...ride your bike to harbour town and back. Great bike trails and u get to see more of sea pines. Your kids are around mine ages so they would like it. You can climb the light house ...shop...great pictures to be taken...walk around ...go out the pier.... More pictures.

Okay salty dog...lunch on the dock was very good this time.

I have been going to hhi for 30 plus years ( wow I sound old! Lol) and the salty dog really lost its charm for us. But if u have never been you must go.

Any questions feel free to ask!!! Love talking hhi!!!

Thanks for the info....it our first time to HHI...and we are from NJ too...

Can my boys skateboard (long boarding not crazy jumping) around the resort?

How are the waves for boogie boarding?

What about BBQing ? Where are the grills, we are in a 1 bedroom so I figure we will be in the lodge?

Can you rent kayaks at the resort?

Thanks for all your help in advance!,,,:)

I don't remember seeing signs at the resort ...so I would say yes to skate boarding at resort. I know at shelter cove there was no skateboarding signs.

Waves this week were big ( biggest we have seen ..usually calm) so boogie boards were used this week. If calm water you will need them just to float around! Lol

We BBQ for the first time and it worked out great. Not sure where the grills are by the lodge. I would scout then out to make sure it is convenient for you...
Kayaks are available. The Disney resort does a tour,,,not sure if they just rent,,, but go to palmetto dunes.com click on marina and you should find what you are asking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter