Just back from FW..great experience renting from golf cart ent.

Disney Campers

DIS Veteran
melk
DIS Veteran

Just back from FW..great experience renting from golf cart ent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We just got back from Fort Wilderness and we have to recommend Golf Cart Enterprises. We've never rented golf carts for a week from FW because it's too expensive. This cost us $212 total for a week, for a gas cart. It was there waiting for us when we checked in and we just dropped it off at the reception outpost the morning we left. Fort Wilderness was, as usual, great. Noticed a lot of empty cabins and campsites during week, then filled up a little more as weekend approached. But nothing there was crowded. Went into the pool because it was heated, it felt great, but had to throw on sweatshirts and sweatpants for COLD ride back to cabin. If anyone has any questions, I'll do my best to answer them!
posted 01-15-01 10:09 AM

Rhonda

Welcome Back!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm glad to hear you had a good experience with GCE, since I recommended them! LOL!
- Rhonda :-)
Camping Board Co-Moderator
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

posted 01-15-01 11:20 AM

shirleyb
Welcomed Guest

how does that compare
To the price offered if you rent them from FW?
Shirley

CBR Jan 2000
Next Trip Jan 2002 Where to stay?

posted 01-15-01 04:08 PM

Rhonda

A week from FW for an electric cart with a windshield would be a little over $300. ($40/day + tax).
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

posted 01-15-01 05:32 PM

TwinMommy
DIS Veteran

I have some questions
I'm very interested in renting from this company as I am sure others are. Could someone please answer a few questions?
1. How far in advance would you make reservations with them? We are going in August.

2. Do you make a deposit to hold the reservation?
Also, how is payment made? Do they just run your credit card when you pick up the cart?

3. When you pick up the cart at the front entrance, where are the keys at? Do you get a rental contract, etc?

Thanks for the info on this company! What a great way to save some bucks!

Kathy

posted 01-16-01 10:05 AM

Rhonda

The company is Golf Cart Enterprises. Here's a link to their site: http://www.unishopper.com/GolfCartEnt.htm
You can call any time to make the reservation - I called about 3 months in advance. They don't need a deposit, but they will take your credit card number, then they charge it when they drop it off at FW.

They leave the keys & a copy of the contract in a plastic bag, hanging from the steering wheel. At the end of your stay, just return it to the front, and leave the key in the ignition.

I know you won't be disappointed - their service is great!

rhonda@wdwinfo.com

posted 01-16-01 10:29 AM

TwinMommy
DIS Veteran

Thanks Rhonda!
Sounds like a great deal. Can you specify what time you want it dropped off? Since we will be there for over a week, we will probably only rent it for 1 week. If we want it Monday, say at 3pm until the next Monday at the same time, is this possible? Or do they have set times that they deliver to FW?
I'm sure there are many of us who appreciate the info - we will be saving lots of bucks with this company

Thanks,
Kathy

posted 01-23-01 01:18 PM

Rhonda

They have times they usually drop off & pick up. They will probably drop it off in the morning for you, and let you keep it all through your last day. They will pick it up the next morning after you leave, so anytime you leave it at the front would be ok. They don't charge by the hour - they're very fair by letting you have it your whole first day and last day!
rhonda@wdwinfo.com

posted 01-23-01 01:48 PM

MichiganMommy
DIS Veteran

Used Golf Cart Enterprises last week...
We were at FW last week, and rented from Golf Cart enterprises. It worked great. We paid $212 for one week (including all taxes and delivery fee. Our cart had 2 seats (front and back), a roof, and NO WINDSHIELD. The windshield thing wasn't too much of a problem, except the last day when it rained - we had a pretty wet ride back from the marina!! We arrived on a Sunday and the cart was waiting for us. We did have to fax a signed agreement ahead of time since they don't work on Sundays. Apparently you can also arrange a time to meet the truck driver and sign the rental agreement in person. Thanks Rhonda for the info - you saved us some $$$!

I just got an AP rate at the cabins last night. My kids are so excited... we haven't
spent much time at FW. I didn't tell them about the golf carts because they were
so expensive, but I would like to call the other rental agency. Does anyone have a
telephone number. thanks alot!

Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts