Just Back From ASMo, My One Complaint. . .

aide4

Mouseketeer
We just got back a couple hours ago. We were there 2/9 through this morning. We were in Fantasia 8 on the 3rd floor. We had a pool view room. Everything was great, BUT it was next to impossible to get in to do a load of wash!!! That was my one and only problem. Beside that, we really enjoyed our stay!!!

Glad to hear you had a great time! I also found it impossible to do laundry at the Grand Floridian, people would actually fight over washers and dryers. There was no Disney attitude in the Big Pine Key Laundry room! I couldn't believe how rude some people are!

In my opinion, for the amount of people staying at the resort, they could have a larger laundry facility. Also, some people shouldn't hog up 3 or 4 washers & then leave, forgetting about their loads of clothes! I was so angry that someone had hogged up 3 or 4 (can't remember now) washers, left & the clothes were just sitting there for about 30 minutes done! I called a CM over & they really couldn't do anything about it. They also agreed it was rude. I came so close to unloading the clothes into a dryer (but not turning it on of course) just so that I could use the washer! The way I looked at it, if that person was rude enough to hog up a bunch of washers for a long period of (wasted) time, then I was going to be "spunky" enough to empty the washer so that I could use it! Heck, I'm so concerned about being quick to get my stuff out of there for other people that I don't even leave! I just wait there till my clothes are done! (You get to meet some really neat people that way too!) Oh well.....I guess you should be happy that that was your only complaint! :)

AGREE!
That was also my ONLY ASMo complaint! I did let them know this when they sent me their questionnaire.
We were there the first full week of January -- the *slow* season. Heaven help anyone wanting to do their laundry there any other time of the year!
There was quite a waiting list for washers and dryers. It took two hours to do two loads.
Luckily everyone was on the ball and getting their laundry ASAP.
One woman did have 4 loads. :p That really held things up -- considering one dryer was out of service and she basically was using around 1/4 of the laundry facilities just on her loads.

We had the same problem in November. I wanted to do our laundry before we moved over to AKL because we had gotten caught in a downpour and I didn't want the wet clothes to mildew. I finally had to go down there at 3am to get them done. There were several others there at that hour too. Also, the dryers didn't try worth a flip. The clothes went through THREE cycles in the dryer and were still damp. We had to finish drying them at AKL.

Port Orleans FQ seems to have the most laundry facillities per guest room. I never even bothered at the All Stars, there would always be several women in there with 3-4 loads each.

At the GF I had the problem of someone putting in their laundry and leaving. Almost an hour after the washer stopped it was still in the washer. I took it out and put it on top of the washer. It was still there when my clothes were done washing, so I used the dryer. The wet laundry was still on top of the washer when i finished with the dryer. in the mean time another woman had come in and done a load of wash. She came in to put her stuff in the dryer as I was taking mine out. I still had time left on my dryer and told her to go ahead and use it. She didn't want to cut in front of the person whose stuff was on top of the washer until I explained it had been left unattended for almost three hours. My bet is that they through the laundry in then went to a park for the day. How rude.

You really get spoiled if you are a DVC member, you get a W/D right in your villa :)

Anne

Aide 4 - what did you think of Fantasia 8? We leave Friday and I requested Building 8 - first floor. Did you do a room request before leaving?

Also, how is the gift shop - did they have a variety of items? I wanted to get a Disney autograph book there. Did you notice if they carried them?:smooth:

No, I did not do a room request before leaving, but when we checked in all they had was a smoking room and smoke sometimes bothers my DD, so they gave us a smoking optional room on the 3rd floor and we just left the door open and what little smell there was disappeared! I liked that building, it is close to everything!! The gift shop has a nice variety of things and yes, we did get autograph books there.Any other questions let me know!!:bounce:

I thought I was the only "spunky" enough to empty out someone else's laundry. That is pretty rude to leave it for so long!

I will usually do just one or two loads while we are at the pool.
When we were at the AKL, it happen to be raining that day. So I just took a magazine and sat in the lounge right next to the laundry room while my DD was in the game room. It was quiet and relaxing.

I hated the AKL Laundry. The detergent machine was broken for our entire trip and the dryers were awful. 4 cycles and my clothes still were damp.

I really don't see the problem with emptying a washer if the owners are no where in sight. I do this all the time in college. If I need to use a washer or dryer, and the other people are inconsiderate enough to leave their clothes for hours on end, I will neatly remove their clothes and put them in a nice pile on top of the washer or dryer. Most people will probably be a little irritated at first, but will realize they are in the wrong and not make the same mistake twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter