Just back from a week at Poly - Any ?'s

Originally posted by Tikiman
That is strange because News From Polynesia has always had plenty of Polynesian Resort stuff. They had t-shirts (long and short sleeved) sweatshirts, dresses, tank tops, kids clothes, etc and lots of mugs, plates, pictures, home decorations, toys, etc with the Polynesian logo on them. I am not sure how much more stuff they could have had when we were there. Maybe they have more in the summer.

I agree- the Polynesian has tons of merchandise, its just spread out between like 5 stores, where other resorts have just one or two. News from Polynesia is downstairs and they have all the logo stuff. In May they had a couple styles of short sleeve tees, long sleeve tees, sweatshirt, sweatshirt jacket, stuff for kids, etc. I like how they have logo stuff w/lilo and stitch on them. I really want to get the logo zip up sweatshirt/jacket in December- I hope they have them in stock! -Steph

The construction will not just be to the area next to Captain Cook’s but to most of the lobby over on the side where the bathrooms and phones are in front so I believe it will take many months to finish what they intend to do.

As far as the updates to the rooms that will not start till next year and you will see a completely different room when they are done.

Aloha

Steve

Originally posted by Ilovestitch
I agree- the Polynesian has tons of merchandise, its just spread out between like 5 stores, where other resorts have just one or two. News from Polynesia is downstairs and they have all the logo stuff. In May they had a couple styles of short sleeve tees, long sleeve tees, sweatshirt, sweatshirt jacket, stuff for kids, etc. I like how they have logo stuff w/lilo and stitch on them. I really want to get the logo zip up sweatshirt/jacket in December- I hope they have them in stock! -Steph

We must have been there between restockings - I looked in News from Polynesia because that's where I always remember it being and we specifically asked and they said they did not have any Poly golf shirts. All we saw were some Poly t-shirts but nothing "nicer" than that. They did have some coffee mugs and pretty watercolor prints of the Poly but not a whole lot of anything else. Definitely not the variety we've seen at BC and WL. Believe me - I was ready to spend some money as this is our favorite resort!!

Originally posted by LouLouDew
That is what I'd heard and why I asked for it. I wish you had been the CM checking us in instead of the pleasant yet un-informed person we had :)

We actually called Mousekeeping when we got to our room and I requested it through them - not the front desk. We were in a GDN room - no concierge - and the man I spoke with said no problem.

Every night when we returned "home" our beds were turned down with mints and our towels and toiletries were restocked. By the end of the week we had a stack (I'm not kidding - around 15) of clean towels in the bathroom and handfulls of soaps/lotions/shampoos!

Originally posted by DutchsMommy
Just wondering how you found the EWP while there - I had read some people mention it seemed shorter - perhaps some of the floats had been damaged by the hurricanes?

It is definitely shorter - I believe only one bardge. The first night I thought we had just missed part of it but then I remembered people talking about the damage from the hurricane.

As of when we were there (11/6-11/12) it was very short....hopefully they'll get it fixed soon...I miss the full version!

Also back from poly, we were there nov. 15-22.

We stayed at tahiti and that was awesome to be so close to the TTC. Epcot just a hop skip and jump away. just rebooked for nov next year. rack rate--only AAA discount. yikes!!!!!!!!!! where's that code when you need them?

we did the character bfast at ohana's and it was great. We got a 730- seating and the characters spent a lot of time at our table, even with no kids! of course, I cried when i hugged mickey and told him we wont be back till april!

Mousekeeping was great, no towel animals, but efficient.

I bought a poly tank top on sale for $10.99 at the news store. also a coffee cup and some ornaments.

we loved it, splitting our next trip with WL, trying to venture out some, but end our stay at the poly. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter