• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back -- AoA Little Mermaid

I really loved my stay at lm but to me the walk from there (we had the furthest building) was very long. If I were a marathon runner in my 20's I might not have noticed. It is a beautiful resort though. It is not on the menu in the food court but you can order spaghetti and meatballs and they are good. I guess the meatballs come from the sandwich.

We stayed in a LMR for 3 nights after staying at SSR for 16 nights, we did not find the walk very far at all!!

We have 3 boys aged 7,7,10 plus my mum who uses an ECV half way through our stay my mum wasn't coping with the ECV it scared her when children and people just stopped infront of her or walked out without looking, we decided we would use a manual wheelchair and push her!
I was really worried about our stay at LMR due to all the reviews about the walk to everything from these rooms...... Well I had to laugh the walk was NOTHING at all, by the time you take the beautiful walk though the LK section you see the icons for LM it took like 4 mins at a slow pace????

I'm not sure why we find it to be not that bad, I mean we stayed t AKL Jambo house for 21 nights in 2010 we stayed in the Arusha savanna and let me tell you that WAS miles!!!!! Every night felt like a killer and it was the on going joke for the whole trip that we could eat what we wanted as the walk just from the bus to the room would burn all the calories off! Lol

Well, I'm on an ECV and honestly, I thought it was a HAUL!! I stay at POP, but I have gone across GG bridge several times now to tour the resort at various times. I think it is beautiful resort but that LM section is a haul IMO! :faint:
I would have my refillable mug almost drank by the time I got back to my room if I was in bldg 8!! :rotfl2:

We stayed at AoA LM room in Sept and really loved it! We were in building 7 and really didn't think the walk was bad.we were considering POR next trip but keep hearing comments on size of resort and walking distance to bus stop.is the size comparable? Never visited POR.

TSM said:
We stayed at AoA LM room in Sept and really loved it! We were in building 7 and really didn't think the walk was bad.we were considering POR next trip but keep hearing comments on size of resort and walking distance to bus stop.is the size comparable? Never visited POR.

We was wondering the exact same thing! We actually want to stay at POR next and if the walk is like the LM section then no issue for us as like I said we thought it was fine, I think as long as there is plenty to look at on the way then it's not so bad :)

We'll be staying at AoA in a LM for two days in May at the end of our trip (staying 6 nights at Bonnet Creek.) Staying Moderate and Deluxe the last two trips we've missed that in your face Disney theming at the Values and with LM being DW's favorite Disney movie, it was a no-brainer.

We'll be taking our car to the parks (much easier then trying to deal with the often-crowded Value buses), so being able to park close to the LM section is just another benefit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter