• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back and holy wah did someone get over served!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't come to Mardi Gras, people. :D

Or Athens Georgia on any Friday or Saturday night while UGA is in session. And under no circumstances should you ride the UGA buses - talk about bad bus behavior or go anywhere near fraternity/sorority row. I used to work in a building next door to a frat house, the guys sat on their roof and shot into our building on the weekends, on Monday mornings it was not unusual for me to look out my office window and see someone either pucking or urinating on a car tire in our private parking lot.

It's a bit of a mixed message, for sure. And one that'll get more muddled as the Remy dark ride goes in over at France. This discussion won't go away any time soon. I've also wondered if having the Alice/Mary Poppins M&G within stumbling distance of R&C was done on a bet or as a joke. (I get the England connection - but it'd have been a brilliant sly nod to develop a new M&G there with the pink elephants from Dumbo).

The Six Flags policy is interesting. I don't believe Cedar Fair (which owns my home park) has anything similar. I'm guessing it deters a lot of people - but a determined drunk will still find a way - whether by getting loaded in the parking lot (Cedar Fair bans readmittance during special events for this reason) or having a non-drinker buy the drinks for them on their ID. As for HHN - well, that's the first time I saw an open bar set up in the actual line while you're waiting.
Cedar Faire owns my home park, too, Cedar Point. I have certainly seen some drunks there but I feel it's not on the same level as Disney. I'm not against adults having fun, even if they get a little carried away. I just don't want them to continue to build kiddie rides and surround them with tons of alcohol. I can see problems with that particular mix. It's why we skipped epcot this trip.

Don't come to Mardi Gras, people. :D

I would expect to be in an atmosphere with rowdy drinking in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. Nothing wrong with it if that's what you're wanting. I go to Seaside Heights, NJ. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

I don't want that kind of partying in one of Disney's major parks. Epcot IMO should have a more sophisticated and mellow atmosphere.

I guess I'm weird that I don't see the big deal. Of course, I live in Chicago, and I see people puking all the time on a Friday/Saturday night. This just wouldn't phase me at all.

I agree. I'm in the Philly area and hang out/go out often. In the city and outside the city. I'm around drunk people regularly on Friday or Saturday nights. You'll have to be a really special kind of drunk for me to notice. Singing, yelling and dancing wouldn't phase me at all. Or puking.

Or Athens Georgia on any Friday or Saturday night while UGA is in session. And under no circumstances should you ride the UGA buses - talk about bad bus behavior or go anywhere near fraternity/sorority row. I used to work in a building next door to a frat house, the guys sat on their roof and shot into our building on the weekends, on Monday mornings it was not unusual for me to look out my office window and see someone either pucking or urinating on a car tire in our private parking lot.

I'm an LSU season ticket holder, so I totally get it :rotfl2:

Our last trip was October 2014 and that was the first time we saw drunks in DW. I see no problems with adults having drinks and getting tipsy, or enjoying themselves in Epcot. Heck we do. But I have to admit it was a bit off-putting to see people stumbling around and cussing loudly in front of children. Even my adult children who enjoyed drinks there were kind of surprised seeing that behavior in Disney. Not to say we haven’t heard someone drop the f-bomb in queue lines before, we have, it was just a different experience in Epcot then we have been used to.

It's a bit of a mixed message, for sure. And one that'll get more muddled as the Remy dark ride goes in over at France. This discussion won't go away any time soon. I've also wondered if having the Alice/Mary Poppins M&G within stumbling distance of R&C was done on a bet or as a joke. (I get the England connection - but it'd have been a brilliant sly nod to develop a new M&G there with the pink elephants from Dumbo).

The Six Flags policy is interesting. I don't believe Cedar Fair (which owns my home park) has anything similar. I'm guessing it deters a lot of people - but a determined drunk will still find a way - whether by getting loaded in the parking lot (Cedar Fair bans readmittance during special events for this reason) or having a non-drinker buy the drinks for them on their ID. As for HHN - well, that's the first time I saw an open bar set up in the actual line while you're waiting.

That 2013 F&W trip we watched the M&G with Mary Poppins in Britain. Very interesting...and I'm a little suspicious MP might have enjoyed some libations as well...or she was not feeling well...but her balance was off...or she was mocking some of the drunker people in line...not sure which...but it was entertaining to watch.

On our trip this past September, I was nervous about the drunks in Epcot on a Friday night per reading other people's experiences...

...we saw one group of 3 or 4 that was obviously tipsy, otherwise it was pretty tame. Parents letting their kids run amuck without much supervision was a WAY bigger issue than anyone getting wasted; I think it just depends on the night.

We’re about to head to Athens in a minute lol. But we’re just going to Outback for a family dinner. We go to Ru Sans a lot. We’re just down the street in Winder.

You expect it at Mardi Gras and that is understood as an adult happening. WDW is not!!! There is a big difference and as an adult you should know, understand and respect that.
But Food and WINE is an adult event. And Disney makes big bucks on it so it isn't going anywhere and, in fact, is growing to be year round now with Art Fest and Flower and Garden Fest and Holiday Fest...and F&W Fest getting longer each year.

I have a naturally soft voice and really don't dig "loud" talkers. I regularly swear outside of work, so if you hear me speaking to anyone in my party, you could hear something you might not want to, words, subject matter, particular views, disagreement about sartorial decisions, who knows? ... and are FAR too close to me. I speak up to tell CMs my order and how many are in my party. I can't imagine that anyone could casually discern my conversations unless they were seriously trying. Are these folks that are drunk and swearing (not sure why those seem to be lumped together) yelling? If you can hear the details of someone else's conversation...just feels like eavesdropping to me. Why do you care what 2 adults speaking quietly to each other are saying? Maybe I'm not getting a good picture of this, but I don't pay (much) attention to anyone at WDW, unless they start invading my physical space. Sometimes I people watch, but the recounting of other's conversations just feels off to me. Again, maybe I'm not experiencing the same situation as described, but in 40+ trips, seems like I've seen a lot...the worst things are certainly created by over tired parents losing it on children.

And, I want to throw on as others have, WDW isn't just for kids or families. Ugh.

Last edited:
But Food and WINE is an adult event. And Disney makes big bucks on it so it isn't going anywhere and, in fact, is growing to be year round now with Art Fest and Flower and Garden Fest and Holiday Fest...and F&W Fest getting longer each year.

So your point is what?

Why are people surprised or get their panties in a wad over people being drunk as skunks at Food & Wine. This is not a secret. It's gross on the weekends. It's a giant frat party with bro-dudes falling all over and screaming. Worse yet, drunk girls. I mean---have you EVER been in a bathroom with drunk girls? OMG. The worst.

And don't disparage Mardi Gras. Everywhere OFF Bourbon Street, it is a wonderful time. It is meant to be family oriented, gets a bit wild at times, but nothing like what goes on at Bourbon. Or Food & Wine at Disney Friday night-Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter