Just Back - an amazing trip.

pauldents

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

We arrived back this morning from a 7 night stay at the Hard Rock Hotel.

This holiday more than made up for our spoiled honeymoon. We had an amazing time.

Just a bit depressed at the moment - Jet lag, british weather ( its been raining all day-typical) , going back to the usual grind tommorow etc

The highlights were :-

- Virgins's Premium Economy seating- excellent service. Straight to the front with everything. I have never slept on a plane before this.

- Hard Rock Hotel - Quite possibly the coolest hotel in the world. Nelly Furtado blending in around the pool area and no one recognising her ! Even better than our stay in september ,01.

- Front of the line access priveleges - You feel like a VIP and a little embarassed, rolled into one.

- Illuminations boat cruise - What a view! We had a great captain aswell.

- The weather - It didn't rain once ! upper 80's and lower 90's , bags of sunshine.

- Nelly Furtado concert at Hard Rock Live - A great performance.

- VIP treatment at the Hard Rock cafe - The manager took us past 3 locked doors into John Lennons New York apartment, complete with his piano (that he played in Imagine), table, white suit all the upholstrey etc etc. They paid $16,000,000 for the piano alone ! The room had stairs which led upto the VIP area in the Hard Rock Live. She told us VIP's hire it for $5000 per night !!! Needless to say when we left we were totally shocked that they gave us access to it ! We couldn't believe we forgot to take the camera out that night, so we asked her later on if we could go back and take a few snaps. She told us no problem. On the day we were leaving, we went back and they let us go back up there, when we got back to our table the waiter told us the manager had taken care of the bill for the meal !! Even the Hard Rock hotel staff couldn't believe they let us up there.

- Discovery Cove - The dolphin swim was absolutley amazing.

-The Mystic fountain at IOA - I swear i could have sat there all day, watching this thing. This was so funny. It had me in stitches for about an hour !

As you can see we are really glad to be back - NOT !!!

Hope everyone is OK.

Thanks Paul.

PS Is it possible for me to post a few photos and how do i go about doing it ?

Wow! It sounds as though you had an amazing time :)

Thanks for the snippets of information - it would be great to hear more if you can find the time, once you've got your breath back.

Paul,

Wow that went quick - I'm SOOO JEALOUS!! Your trip sounds absolutely amazing.

I wanna go to the HRH!! VIP treatment sounds awesome, what a holiday of a lifetime!!! I bet you wont forget this one in a hurry?

Lisa

Welcome Home

Wow it really sounds like you had a fabulous time, cant wait to see the photos.

Thankyou everyone.

Any help with posting photos, will be much appreciated.

I have got some great snaps on all of the above except the concert ( no cameras allowed).

Thanks Paul.

Paul, I don't know where to begin, but WOW! So pleased you got PE - it's great isn't it? Trouble is, will you ever be able to bring yourselves to fly economy again? Having done PE last July, followed by economy in December, I've already told dh I never intend to fly economy again! So far, he seems to be going along with it and we're flying PE again this year.:D

Certainly sounds as though this trip more than made up for last year. I hope this isn't a silly question, but why did you get all the VIP treatment at HRH. Was it because of the Virgin mess-up?

Really looking forward to hearing about it all in more detail. Welcome home, by the way!

Welcome back Paul,

Sorry I can't help with the photos question - but i'd be interested in the answer too if anyone can help.

I just loved that Fountain in IoA. DD aged 5 had him going for about half an hour last year and they drew quite a crowd!!

HRC VIP eh??!!! We need to know how you did that Paul!

Oh yeah just wanted to add that the fountain at IoA was brilliant. He kept our 2 boys entertained for about 1/2hr. They absolutely loved it, I thought I'd just stay well back - didn't want to draw attention to myself :p

Lisa

Welcome home Paul :) :) :) Wow! What a trip! Sounds really wonderful :)

I'll try to get you some help with posting photos.

Welcome back Paul - that went quick!!!

Look forward to details and photos :)

Do you have any webspace with your ISP that you can upload pictures to? You need to get them hosted somewhere online, before you can put them in a thread here.

Penny :)

Welcome back you VIP you! Lucky thing. It all sounds absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to hear more. Carolyn

Wow

What a trip.
Glad you had a wonderful time, I'm not jealous, not much!!!:smooth:

Looking forward to your trip report, come on write quick:jester:

Paul

Your holiday sounds absolutely amazing:) What a result you had;)

I'm curious too about your VIP treatment at HRH?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I'll do my best to get a trip report up soon. I am still trying to work out how to post the pictures !

BTW for anyone who is planning a stay at the HRH - enroll on the Loews first membership program (for free). We mentioned our membership number at check-in and our room was automatically upgraded, we also recieved milk and cookies and a daily newspaper!

Some good observations there, Paul. Glad it all went well for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter