Just a little vent....but is everyone handicapped these days?

I probably have the ultimate bad parking story that no one can top. About 5 years ago my dd went to before and after school daycare. The handicapped spots were not in a place where they could easily put up signs, so they had only the markings on the pavement. Everyone knew which ones they were, but as soon as there was a little snow, people parked there. I complained almost every day, the day care posted it. They also called the police on several occasions, but by the time they got there, of course, the spot was empty.
The excuse people gave was they were only going to be inside a few minutes (me too, but I needed the spot) and because of the snow, they couldn't tell where the spots were. One day, all the handicapped spots were full and I pulled in to the only place I could get my dd out, which was near the curb. It was slippery and I was worried about falling because we had a regular van. I had to transfer her out of the seat and put her in the wwheelchair. You probably guessed by now that I fell with her. I managed to keep her from falling; she fell back into the car seat and wasn't hurt at all. I ended up hitting my mouth on the van and breaking off both my front teeth. So, for someone else's few minutes of convenience, I have one front tooth with a crown and one with extensive veneer (I think that's what it's called).
After that, the day care started taking license numbers down and told people if they parked there, the numbers would be given to the police. p

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

Wow Sue, I think I would have just started parking my van behind their cars so they could get out of the spot until I came back after that.

It's hard to explain the lot, but if I parked behind them, I would be blocking the driveway and they could still get out. If I parked in front of them, I would be farther from the building and they could still get out. After that the lot got some signs and moved the handicapped parking so it was up to the building and they could attach signs to the building.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter