Jurassic Park coaster

I'm actually quite happy about the lack of restraints. One of the downsides to rollercoasters with them is I feel you bang your head a lot. You can hold it back against the headrest which they always suggest and helps a little, but to me, it seems no matter how hard I try to keep it pressed back I have a headache after getting off those coasters. Also, I think the lack of shoulder restraints probably adds a little more element of thrill.

This exactly. Many newer extreme coasters have moved away from "over the shoulder" restraints and have gone with snugly fitting lap restraints that keep you snugly restrained but given you full upper body motion.

My favourite coaster ever, Steel Vengeance at Cedar Point, has as many inversions and double the air time (when you leave your seat and experience weightlessness) as this new coaster will have, and it's restraints are over the thighs and across your shins to keep you secured. No shoulder or head rattling against overhead restraints.

I really hope this is open in time for our late May trip! It looks so fun!!

I'm planning a trip next December for a week for Uni and Disney and really excited about this coaster. Love the design and hoping they continue to update the rest of the island to tell a cohesive story (my armchair imagineering coming out) but I am so excited for the show scenes, queue and hopefully some neat raptor moments.

Yea I hope they turn the whole area into Jurassic World. I love the original series and design for the land as well but want a cohesive look and story to the land as well. Ideally I'd love to see them plus the River Adventure (doesn't need to be a clone of Hollywood's) and then replace Camp Jurassic with the new Pteradon dark ride/coaster or something like it.

I'm amazed they haven't created a new ride based on the spheres yet, but the new coaster looks absolutely incredible.

The dark ride at Beijing was supposed to use the spheres but they couldn't get the system working properly so went with the standard vehicles they've ben using for Transformers and Spider-Man

I was in the park today and saw them running tests on the track! Not sure where that fits in the construction schedule but it seems that it is getting closer than I expected.

I was in the park today and saw them running tests on the track! Not sure where that fits in the construction schedule but it seems that it is getting closer than I expected.
They've been doing track testing for some time, but all the animatronics need to be set up and put in so will probably still be late spring early summer before it opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter