June W. I. S. H. - Summer o' Fun

In planning for July, I can take this week too since we have nobody scheduled.
We need J
uly volunteers.

June 28-July 4:
Summer

July 5-11:
July 12-18:
Oneanne
July 19-25: Sjrec
July 26-August 1: MickeyMom76

Last edited:
I can do the 18th-24th-but Mon-Sun is the 19th-25th? We leave the 23rd for Disney, which is a Friday.
Sorry! I did this on my iPhone while I was still in bed lol. We are leaving for vacation on the same day! I will not be on here during my vacation. Do you really want to be committed while you are in Disney? Let me know what is best for you.

Last edited:
It took me getting into my 40's and 50's for me to start developing most of the above skills.
1. & 4. I have always had strong intuition and gut feelings about things, and when something feels wrong, I don't do it. I truly trust my instincts and have taught DD to do the same.
2. & 3. Saying exactly what I mean has always been difficult because I try my best to protect others' feelings and as a "Child & Sister of Alcoholics" I have always been a people pleaser and the person trying to keep the peace. I see it in my DD as well, probably due to DH's Irish temper (he is also a Child of an Alcoholic and has the need to control). We are both getting better at speaking up, but it is a new skill, and it is not appreciated by others. I have had to detach from family members for the sake of my mental and physical health. It is hard, but I am healthier and happier because of it.
5. The only time I speak negatively about myself is regarding my weight. The thing is though, it is the truth that I am overweight.
6. I have fought hard to achieve my dreams, harder than most.
7. I am learning how to say, "No," but I need to do it without feeling guilty. I am still working on that.
8. Saying, "Yes," is actually more scary since I am NOT a risk taker. That one is tough.
9. I am learning to be kinder to myself.
10. I have gotten very good at letting go of what I cannot control. Attending AL ANON helped me a great deal with that.
11. I avoid drama and negativity like the plague. So many people in my life are negative. It is so unhealthy.

12. Love is one of my greatest strengths and the best part of life.

The balloon ride yesterday was surreal. The basket is so steady you feel like you are standing on a fixed floor and the world is going by below you. We landed in a housing development, in a section that didn’t have houses yet, and a lot of people came out to check us out.
This sounds awesome! We have hot air balloons fly over our development often and sometimes they drop low to say hi. I’ve considered it, but get nervous.

I feel pretty good about 1, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11 & 12.
Need to work on:
2 (saying what I mean)
3 (I’m such a people pleaser! I want EVERYONE to be happy…and sometimes that’s just not possible)
7 & 8 (learning to say no to extra work or even social events as I get older because it’s not worth the stress sometimes. But also balancing that with saying yes to things…the kids would like me to work on saying yes more often too 🤣)
10 (letting go of what I can’t control is hard when I think I can control everything. 🤦🏻‍♀️)

Self-care today is just trying to stay as cool as possible. I've been sleeping on the sofa because the living room is the only room the air conditioner can kind of keep cool, but during the afternoon/evening yesterday it had to be pointed right to where I was sitting and the room really didn't feel cool until about 3am.

My flight tomorrow leaves at 5:45am, it is going to be a very long day of travel and I have to go thru Dallas where I have a long layover. It is forecast to be cooler in Cedar Rapids, but high chance of thunderstorms... woohoo.

Today I just have to clean up around the house and pack. I might go to a movie, would like to see The Heights and sit in air conditioning for an extended period of time.

Sorry! I did this on my iPhone while I was still in bed lol. We are leaving for vacation on the same day! I will not be on here during my vacation. Do you really want to be committed while you are in Disney? Let me know what is best for you.
Since it’s just two days I think I can do it-my crazy family is here 7/1-7/12 so that week would be more difficult!
:rotfl:

Here is what mine said for the quiz. I think it is pretty fitting.

Princesscore
Are you sure you aren't wearing a tiara right now? You're in love with dainty dresses, lace, sparkling jewelry, and pastries. You're most often found wearing shades of silver, gold, and blue.

I am a people pleaser. I need to work on that.

Yesterday DH and I decided to go to the zoo for a date. We have zoo passes so it is nice to go and just walk around for a bit. We were gone for about 2ish hours. It was so nice to have us time.

Here in Florida having a wonderful time! DS2 had a great performance and it was fun to see my brother. We wound up at a different hotel (in a different town!) but I think that worked out for the best since this one has a separate bedroom and we shared the room with him for a couple nights!

been having yogurt and fruit for breakfast, lunch out, walking to the ice cream shop for dinner, then carrots for dessert!

Absolutely loving rolling out of bed, walking two minutes and jumping in the ocean! Bliss :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!