June W. I. S. H. - Summer o' Fun

I absolutely love water straight from the tap. I rarely drink anything else. DH on the other hand thinks diet coke is the only beverage in the entire world. As I was doing yoga tonight he swigged two. He might be reaching 10 cans a day soon. sigh

We finally got one bedroom completely emptied, walls scrubbed and floor mopped. Moved in one piece of furniture but have so much more furniture shuffling to go! I want it done by Thursday so will need to start hustling! It's hot here so worked up quite the sweat moving things!

This is one area I actually have a handle on-I don’t drink coffee or energy drinks. I don’t like sweet drinks with alcohol. My bigger problem is reaching for that Diet Coke instead of water. :worried:
Same! No coffee. Mostly water. Enjoy Diet Coke or Coke Zero.

Alcohol is limited. My go to is Diet Coke & black cherry rum (like a diet cherry coke 😋). But I definitely enjoy a few sugary drinks in the summer (daiquiris or pina coladas at the neighbors pool a few times throughout the summer). But day to day is mostly just water.

I don't drink coffee, teas, alcohol or any type of fruit drinks or energy drinks. I do drink A&W Root beer. I am not a big drinker and may only get 20 oz of fluid a day. Sometimes less. Before I drink a rootbeer I try to drink 20oz of water. Working out helps with this. That is the only time I get thirsty. When I drink the pop I only have 1 can and with that I may not even finish it. Though I am doing pretty good at keeping it to the weekends.

My go-to sugary drinks are Iced Chai and Arnold Palmers. The Arnold Palmers up at the Pub are my favorite and I can drink three during a meal, they are like an ivee shot of sugar right into my bloodstream. But I stopped having them about a month ago when I realized my body was having a tough time with caffeine. I'm also now three days clean from not getting my morning chai at SB. It is going to save me a lot of money and calories if I can stick to it. I've never been much of a pop drinker because I don't like carbonation, but I will have a rootbeer now and then.

I did the sauna/soaking tub thing Sunday night, it was lovely and exactly what my body needed. However it did confirm that saunas do freak me out. Prior I had only been into the infrared light ones and thought the true steam ones would be better, but it actually made me more nervous. I did a couple circuits of sauna/pool/cold shower, at least as cold as I could bear, then finished up sitting in front of the salt wall for a while. Yesterday I finished the trip up with breakfast at this true retro/vintage cafe, it made me so happy to think of all the people who have eaten there the last 50/60 years. Then I headed down to the fort beach and walked around, then went up to my Niece's for another visit. I lingered a bit too long and figured I was going to just miss the 1pm boat and end up sitting on the dock until 2:20pm, which was actually just fine. But due to some stealthful speeding I ended up driving right on to the 1pm boat... and bonus it was a direct without stopping at the island in between.

I was stressing to get my blood pressure below 130/80 and it has been consistently that for the past two days, so yah. Got on the scale this morning and have dropped three pounds, yah again, and my blood sugar is down 10 points, even tho it is still way too high. So everything is going in the right direction.

I was going to be grumpy about the porch not being done and that he showed up to work on it today, but he just needed to do a few screws and is done, so yah for that as well.

I limit sugary drinks as well. I do have a bit of coconut sugar in my coffee, but I rarely drink soda, and when I buy it, it's the tiny cans. I don't put anything in tea - hot or iced, and I don't keep much juice in the house, either, because DH can't waste his carb allowance on it.

Woohoo - hubby and I are headed to the Poconos today. I’ll spend the day sitting poolside with a neighbor who teaches in Philadelphia while hubby plays golf with her husband. Looking forward to chatting about our year and how glad we are that it’s over ;)

WOO HOO! This is my first week of no school! (I'm in the adjustment faze, still waking up early and unable to sleep in...first world problems.)

WOO HOO! I got my highlights done yesterday! Loving my summery blonde locks!

WOO HOO! We will be on an airplane headed for Ft. Lauderdale in exactly one month from today!

WOO HOO! Going to see our travel agent
tomorrow in person to firm up travel plans!

I am woohooing that I have maintained my weight this month. With the switch to going in the office and the kids back in activities I knew this month would be hard. Then I had to throw in a hurt back for about a week. I was expecting a gain because I haven't been able to do as much as I want too. I am working on trying to get a schedule down so hopefully next month will be better.

Wahoo most of the furniture has changed rooms!
Wahoo there are only two more days of work for me!
Wahoo in two days I'll be on an airplane to Florida!
Wahoo I get to see my little brother!
Wahoo I get to see DS2 and I get to see him perform!!
Wahoo I roasted a Costco bag of broccoli and am so enjoying snacking on it!

Woohoo… the patio umbrella and table are set up. The front porch looks so different and I’ll be able to use it in so many different ways, like eating outside, something I’ve never ever done.
Woohoo… I got the lawn mowed this morning, and tonight when it cools off I’ll get a bit I’d weed whacking done.
Woohoo… my blood pressure is staying down and I’ve dropped another pound.

Wahoo most of the furniture has changed rooms!
Wahoo there are only two more days of work for me!
Wahoo in two days I'll be on an airplane to Florida!
Wahoo I get to see my little brother!
Wahoo I get to see DS2 and I get to see him perform!!
Wahoo I roasted a Costco bag of broccoli and am so enjoying snacking on it!
Have a wonderful trip!

Grateful for time to relax and unwind.

Grateful for time spent yesterday with friends.

Grateful for the knowledge of how to make somewhat healthy choices at restaurants.

Grateful for my own children who worked hard in school during the pandemic, got their driver’s license and are both working multiple jobs. So grateful to have responsible teens. 🥰

Grateful that it is my first day of summer vacation. :beach:

I'm not really sure what I'll be doing next school year, but this one is officially over, and I am having a lazy morning - watched a show I DVR'd over coffee, and now I'm "walking" the pickier of the two cats - who only really likes to go out first thing in the morning.

Later today it will be laundry and getting ready for my first trip to see my folks since July 2019!! We leave on Sunday, but between all the end of school planning with the twins and general pandemic-world nervousness that any trip might be canceled at the last minute, I haven't really done the usual prep stuff yet.

I'm not really sure what I'll be doing next school year, but this one is officially over, and I am having a lazy morning - watched a show I DVR'd over coffee, and now I'm "walking" the pickier of the two cats - who only really likes to go out first thing in the morning.

Later today it will be laundry and getting ready for my first trip to see my folks since July 2019!! We leave on Sunday, but between all the end of school planning with the twins and general pandemic-world nervousness that any trip might be canceled at the last minute, I haven't really done the usual prep stuff yet.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You really stepped up as a Homeschool Teacher! Those kids were so lucky to have you. Your next opportunity will come, but how liberating it must feel right now to feel accomplished and to just enjoy your time off.

Enjoy your long-awaited reunion with your family.

That’s wonderful! Enjoy every minute!

I made note of several of your awesome activities to do with my grandson-what a great year those little ones had with you.

I am grateful for my 8 week-long freedom from work.

I am grateful for the uncomfortable feeling of not quite having a routine yet. These empty spaces give rise to introspection.

I am grateful to be seeing our Travel Agent this afternoon. Our favorite TA was transferred, and a flaky TA was given custody of our reservations. I used to be a TA before I started college, and even though I am perfectly capable of arranging a trip myself, when we do Disney, I like another set of eyes on our trip. The TA that made the original (June 2020) reservations for WDW was so on point; then we had to cancel leaving us an airline credit that we needed to use by the end of the year. Since those original airline reservations were made through a TA, we decided to cancel WDW a 2nd time and book Margaritaville using the same TA to keep everything consistent. The flaky TA has not done a great job of that, so I need to look her in the eye and see itineraries in print and know where every dollar has gone, what has been refunded, credited, etc. Then our minds will be at ease. At this point, my DH is so nervous that we don't even have reservations even though I showed him the reservation number. Her forgetfulness has made him feel insecure...the complete
opposite of how you should feel using a travel agency.

I am grateful to have quiet mornings to myself...I managed to sleep in until 7:00 AM today, and I think that it s great wake-up time allowing me to have two hours to myself before DD joins me for whatever our day will hold.

I am grateful that DD won't be applying for a job until August after her graduation/business launch party, giving us one last summer together to enjoy our Mother/Daughter time. This is probably our last precious summer of freedom. I don't want to take one minute for granted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter