June W. I. S. H. - Summer o' Fun

Woohoo, so thankful it is Friday! Tomorrow this time I'll be on the ferry headed out of town! I have pre-trip chores to do today, but one of the advantages of working from home is that I can do them during the day and have a chill evening.

The front porch is almost done, when they were screwing the railing back in most of the old screws were failing, so new ones are needed and there's clean up to be done over the weekend while I'm gone. I may put a few things back on the porch tonight to get a head start.

Weather the next week is going to be perfect. The hotel I'm staying at has a balcony so I'll be taking books to sit out and read in the evenings. Planning lots of outdoors time and anxious to get back to the antique store to see if the pitcher I didn't get but have been dreaming about is still there.

Blood pressure is slowing going down: ankles are good in the morning then slowly thicken during the day, so I'm thinking being off next week and not sitting at my desk all day will be helpful. Have an appointment with a cardiologist for August and think I've found a new doctor at a clinic close to home, so a lot of progress was made yesterday.

Happy weekend everyone!

Last edited:

FAB0AED3-D2E6-45EF-9222-876A116D0273.jpeg

I think I’ll go to Seattle! I’ll visit the big wheel on the water, the Fish Market and one of the many art museums.
Then we will have Coho salmon for dinner at The Whale Wins Cafe. I’m not very familiar with the west coast, so this should be a fun trip!

My first thought was the Caribbean! But then Costa Rica popped into mind! We almost booked a trip there for last summer, but decided on Mexico (Riviera Maya area) instead. So for this trip I choose Costa Rica! I’d love to do lots of hiking, see a volcano, enjoy the rainforest & waterfalls, perhaps see a wild sloth, relax on the beach & maybe even take a surf lesson.

I liked looking at this daily Healthy Habits countdown. If you were to do one for the next two weeks, what would it look like?

Mine might look like this:

9 healthy dinners consisting of a lean protein and a vegetable. My weight loss is much more successful when I do this,

8 different vegetables so I don’t get bored with my meals-asparagus, broccoli, sliced tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, snap peas, balsamic glazed carrots, roasted beets

7 glasses of water a day

6 different fruits for dessert-strawberries, watermelon, kiwis, raspberries, cherries and grapes

5 walks during the week

4 good books to read (for my mental health!)

3 friends to get together with for lunch

2 Friday night cocktails (one each Friday!)

1 Diet Coke per day
Balsamic glazed carrots? Sounds quite yum

View attachment 583157

I think I’ll go to Seattle! I’ll visit the big wheel on the water, the Fish Market and one of the many art museums.
Then we will have Coho salmon for dinner at The Whale Wins Cafe. I’m not very familiar with the west coast, so this should be a fun trip!
Give me a call and we can meet for tea!

Last edited:
I think I'll go to Lichtenstein. I've only just driven through it on a high school fast Europe trip. Be nice to slow down, take a hike and enjoy the views! If I'm staying in the USA, guess I'd go to Louisiana since I've never been there!

The twins are gone. Today we have to drive all their remaining stuff (and it is sooo much stuff) over the mountains to take it to mom. They actually spent last night with Dad and we promised them their clothes/toys would be waiting for them when they got to Mom's!

I had hoped to start cleaning/re-arranging rooms last night, but there was just so much sorting/packing to do. AND the twins had been working on it for a couple days. ugh. When I think about what they arrived with two years ago it blows the mind how it quadrupled in size! Oh, and they grew four inches while they were with us. Little giants!!

So today will be driving and tomorrow will be scrubbing/re-arranging! I've been thinking and thinking and thinking about how I want the house to look/feel now that it is just DH and I here. It's fun to plan!

Fantasy answer (in the spirit of the question) - New Zealand: cool animals and the LOR movie sets.

practical answer - New York: where I'm really going in a little over a week!!!! I am soooooo excited for lazy lake days and time with family I haven't seen in almost two years!!

Dopamine-finish organizing my pantry. I have some cute, beachy things I forget to use because I can’t see them.

Oxytocin-walking my daughter’s puppy in the park.

Serotonin-hope to sit on the beach with my book if the sun is shining.

Endorphin-dinner with family so lots of laughing!

Hope everyone has a happy and relaxing Sunday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter