June W. I. S. H. - Summer o' Fun

I am also feeling motivation by my determination. I went to Disney with the mindset that I was going to eat what I wanted (to an extent) in order to enjoy the trip and take it all in. We ate around the world in Epcot. We enjoyed Dole whips multiple times. So I knew I’d be up in weight even though we averaged 10 miles a day. I was a little surprised that I was only up 3 pounds though. But again, determined to get that weight off quickly, I decided to do a 3 Day Refresh. After 2 days, I’m down 4.5 pounds! Today is the last day of the refresh. And then I should be back on track with my eating. I’m really hoping to get another 4 pounds off before we go to Mexico at the end of the month. So motivated by determination! And I’m sure I’ll stay busy with moving my classroom and all the end of the year stuff. I just need to make sure I pack plenty of healthy snacks to take to school!

This week I am motivated to really get a handle on this allergy thing. I seem to be getting more and more sensitive, things with lectin that I could eat with minimal effect are now problematic. My ankles/feet have been swollen and tender for several weeks, and I just haven't been feeling anything close to good. In the past I've had really good results with NAET, an acupuncture based allergy protocol. Over the weekend I was searching to see if anyone in the neighborhood was doing it and a Naturopath popped up, which sounds promising since I my doctor is retiring and I need to find someone new. She also specifically lists ADHD as something she treats, so I'm going to call today and set up an appointment.

I’m excited to say yes to my kids again! It was so hard to tell my teens that they couldn’t do things. No, you can’t go bowling. No, you can’t go to your girlfriends house. No, you can’t go to your friends party. I’m excited to say yes again!

This has been awesome and what I am most excited about. I have seen DD smile so much lately. She had a friend sleep over about a week ago and then slept over a friends this past weekend and then also went to the movies. She is so happy right now. DS has been so happy doing all of his soccer stuff. He had a friend sleep over this weekend too.

With teens, they either feel fearless and we have to find a way to protect them or they are terrified because they know exactly what is going on and we have to help them manage their fears and stress.

I had one of each. DD was not worried. She was not going to get sick even if she got it. DS I couldn't even get to go to the store. He would tell me there were too many people. I never forced him. Then his first day back at school in April he made himself sick with anxiety. He even had a hard time when we tried soccer last summer. He only went 3 times. Each time he would tell kids were getting to close. It was all too much for him.

So glad that’s MOSTLY behind us now and we get to deal with more normal teenage issues…wait, I’m not sure I’m ready for those either. 😬

I am not ready either. Both are talking about getting rides with teammates that drive. This makes me nervous. And dating will start again. There are parts of the pandemic that I liked but so glad to be able to get back to normal too.

I did such a great job getting rid of stuff last year. Not so much this year. I need to get back at it.

My motivation this week is to find my routine. I did great over the winter with my routine and losing weight. I am not doing bad this month but not as good as I need to be. I am seeing the changes in my clothes being looser and can see my stomach getting smaller. I don't want to lose that.

My motivation is to keep moving forward. School is almost over for my two older kids and I want them to enjoy the end of year activities. My parents moved into a nursing home last month and the woman we hired to clean out their house has been cranking so hopefully it'll be on the market soon. Dealing with all the c**p in their house has made us start looking at our stuff. DH went all Maria Kondo on my closet. As he started taring through boxes I had to remind him of the vaca stuff that needs to stay hidden until we actually tell the kids we are going!
Finally got my plants out of the garage and into the "garden." Even got DS 6 to eat some lettuce since it was something he planted for scouts....hopefully that will continue!

I liked looking at this daily Healthy Habits countdown. If you were to do one for the next two weeks, what would it look like?

Mine might look like this:

9 healthy dinners consisting of a lean protein and a vegetable. My weight loss is much more successful when I do this,

8 different vegetables so I don’t get bored with my meals-asparagus, broccoli, sliced tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, snap peas, balsamic glazed carrots, roasted beets

7 glasses of water a day

6 different fruits for dessert-strawberries, watermelon, kiwis, raspberries, cherries and grapes

5 walks during the week

4 good books to read (for my mental health!)

3 friends to get together with for lunch

2 Friday night cocktails (one each Friday!)

1 Diet Coke per day

I’m going to borrow some from both your list and the image ;)

9 healthy dinner
8 hours of sleep
7 glasses of water
6 different veggies
5 meals/snack times per day
4 servings of protein per day
3 servings of veggies per day
2 servings of fruits per day
1 workout and prayer time per day

Completed my 3 day refresh. Not only lost the weight from all the extra Disney eating (which was probably mostly water weight), but a few extra pounds. Down 5 pounds in 3 days. Hoping to keep it going by sticking to my meal plan!

I liked looking at this daily Healthy Habits countdown. If you were to do one for the next two weeks, what would it look like?

Mine might look like this:

9 healthy dinners consisting of a lean protein and a vegetable. My weight loss is much more successful when I do this,

8 different vegetables so I don’t get bored with my meals-asparagus, broccoli, sliced tomatoes, Brussels sprouts, snap peas, balsamic glazed carrots, roasted beets

7 glasses of water a day

6 different fruits for dessert-strawberries, watermelon, kiwis, raspberries, cherries and grapes

5 walks during the week

4 good books to read (for my mental health!)

3 friends to get together with for lunch

2 Friday night cocktails (one each Friday!)

1 Diet Coke per day
Only 1 cocktail a week? :scared: What if you skip food and just drink wine..... and does wine count as a fruit serving? It is made with grapes! :rolleyes1

This is fun to think about:

9 - trips to Starbucks, just trying to keep it real :P
8 - hours of sleep per night
7 - meals not cooked by me, therefore much tastier and healthier
6 - glasses of water per day
5 - walks on the beach (here at home and in Port Townsend)

4 - hours spent with healthcare professionals, sorting out the mess I've gotten myself into
3 - hours spent socializing with my Niece, most likely while eating one of those meals I didn't cook
2 - ferry boats rides, so good for the soul
1 - hour spent floating in a hot air balloon, again good for the soul

Last edited:
It was fun to celebrate his birthday out at a nice restaurant. I'm not used to restaurant portions these days though. I shared a shrimp cocktail with DD, then had shrimp risotto for my entree. I brought home half of it, but in spite of that, I feel stuffed. I skipped dessert, but did taste DD's sinful chocolate mousse cake. Vacation dining will be interesting...I may be sharing a lot of meals with DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter