June or July?

momoflizandains

love "the world"
I am thinking about taking my daughters (8 and 11) along with a friend (11) this summer for a girls' trip. Our options are June 15-21 or mid to late July. We don't mind the heat and either way it is a low cost trip (with driving, DVC and APs). Does anyone have recommendations as far as weeks are concerned? Just looking for suggestions. Thanks!

If you go in early June, I believe you will hit the tail-end of the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. :flower3: They have beautiful displays and booths set-up around the park for viewing. Also, June may be *slightly* less crowded due to most schools in the Northeast still in session (not sure about other areas). Once July hits, it's full-on summer crowds from around the country. That being said, I have been there the first week of June and it is still a pretty busy time.

Another thing you may want to check is park hours (I think June is out...not July yet), or call and check room availability for both times. You may have trouble getting the hotel, room, or view you want for certain weeks in each month. If it's important to stay at a certain place, then I would check this first.

Hope that helps! Happy planning! :goodvibes

Believe or not but early June is a little bit more tolerable in heat and crowds than July. We always go the 1st week right after school ends, so we'll be there Jun 8th thru 12th, most northern schools end a little later

Suggestions: Fit in a Water park in between days to the regular parks!

ONly been very end of June and July(all times) But if given the choice I would choose June. As stated prior its probably slightly less crowded and I believe that the large tour groups from Brazil are there in July(at least they were everytime we went in July- But NEVER had any problems with these groups just adds more people to the parks.

Sue

We have beein in early June as well as late July. I have to say that late July was unbearable! You may be able to tolerate the heat, but MANY other people in the parks cannot. There were sooo many tired, hot and cranky kids being led around by equally hot, tired, and crnaky adults. The lines were very long and you were shoulder to shoulder with very sweaty people! yuck! We spent alot of time at the resort pool and only a small amount of time in the parks.

June. Definately June. We have gone in both and going in July was not our first choice. More crowded, more foreign tour groups, more heat. June. Definately June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter