June/July PhotoPass Share....Closed!

Whew! I had to find this thread again since it had dropped to page 3...

My husband and I will be at Disneyland July 1-3 with our 17 month old, so I'd love to get in on the photopass share since it will be hard to get family photos of us all together otherwise.

I haven't participated in a share before (I haven't even posted here before, even though I've been reading these boards for a long time, because I'm a big time researcher but not so chatty) but I've read through the entire June photopass share thread and I think I understand how to do the share.

All this to say that if you still need a host I think I could do it. There are a few details I'm having trouble figuring out (this is probably just due to being a photopass newbie) but I can figure it out within the month. But I can burn CDs or DVDs and I'm pretty organized. We usually go to D-World because my parents live close by, so we always have had multiple people to take pictures of everyone. I was hoping for a share so we wouldn't have to shell out $$$ for the few pictures we will be able to accumulate over three days!

We're friends with a couple who are going to DL the week after us; I can see if they'd want to participate, too.

So, if you're all still interested, let's do it!

Kristy

Welcome Kristy!!!

Thanks for volunteering to be our Photopass leader, Kristy! I would have stepped up to do this myself, but being Canadian, the International shipping would have added to our total and to the shipping of copied CDs back to the participants. I don't think anyone would have appreciated those extra costs!!!

I am more than happy to support you through the process, though, as I just completed a (Canadian) photopass share for our WDW trip. It really is quite easy to do, so I'm sure you'll do great!!!

So here's our group in order of departure . . .

hogwild June 16-19
princesskayla June 21-25
5 Disney Fans June 25-July 4
Braves888 July 1-3
Cruiser 1969 July 4-10
Disneyluvr July 8-11

Account needs to be opened by July 16 and ordered by 30 days after opening.

I'll let you take it from here, Kristy (Braves888) :thumbsup2

I'd like to get in on this photo pass share.
We're going June 16-19th.

Thanks,
Natalie

Hi!

I am going to purchase a photopass cd and am willing to share it.

My pictures start to expire 6-24 so I will be purchasing it probably the day before.

I know it isn't much notice, but if there are any of you with June dates that would like to be added, just send me a PM.

I am more than happy to support you through the process, though, as I just completed a (Canadian) photopass share for our WDW trip. It really is quite easy to do, so I'm sure you'll do great!!!

Oh, good! I'll come to you with questions, then.... :)

So, as I understand it, the process goes like this: (what I'm uncertain about is in red)

After we get the list pretty settled, I'd calculate the cost of the CD + shipping + CDs (I can also do DVDs) + mailers + everyone's postage and divide it by the # of sharers. Then everyone sends me their money (when does this happen? before you go on your trip?) and in the meantime I set up a photopass share account, and give the group the name & password.

We all go on our wonderful vacations, get as many pictures as possible, and upon returning, download our pics to the one account. (I saw on the June thread that everyone had a specific "download day." Why do they do this and do we need to schedule that also?)

When everyone's finished downloading and editing, I'll order the CD, make copies (everyone's pictures on their own CD, or just straight copies? I can do either if it's easy to see who's pics are who's) and send them off!

From what I understand of the timing, we would have 30 days from the time we get our photopass card to go online and claim them, and then 30 days after that after the FIRST person downloads their pics to our account to order the CD (except that the later trippers have less time to download their pics because the clock has already started ticking).

Should we have a cut-off date for new sign-ups and a limit to the # of people in our group? I'm thinking 10 or less would be pretty doable. I saw a couple more people have added on. I'll add them to the list...

Last thing, do people want to communicate using this thread (or I can start a new one) or by email? I will definitely give folks my email so they can contact me directly with questions or problems, and I'm leaning toward communicating with everyone by email after we have the group set.

Anything I'm forgetting? I'm confident we'll work it out as it goes. :cool2:

Kristy

Just updating the list so far:

hogwild..............June 16-19
joeysmommy.......June 16-19
princesskayla......June 21-25
5 Disney Fans.....June 25-July 4
Braves888..........July 1-3
Cruiser 1969.......July 4-10
Disneyluvr..........July 8-11
kc10family..........July 13-16

If hogwild & joeysmommy downloaded their pics starting on June 20, we'd have until July 19 to order the CD. I would suggest that perhaps you guys wait at least a few days (like, June 23) to give kc10family a few extra days at the end there to get back into the groove of post-vacation home time and download their pics. But it looks to me like we'll all fit on this photopass share nicely.

I'll let this thread hang around to see if we have any more takers, and ask my local friends to see if they'll join. Right now with the 8 of us we're probably looking at $12.50-$13 a piece, which is just fine by me. ::yes::

Kristy

No problem, I can download mine on June 20th.

Thanks Kristy for offering to host and organize.

Natalie

I would love to get in on this share as well if there is still room. My daughter and her friends are going July 8-11.
Thanks,
Katie

(also a long time reader but first time poster on these boards)

Wait, so this cheapens the cost of getting the photopass CDs?

Count me in. I'm going to be there from the 5th-8th.

No problem, I can download mine on June 20th.

Actually, I was thinking along the lines of downloading beginning June 23 or so, if you can wait that long to see your pics! This give a little extra time for the later trippers.

Ok, I've added the last few posters; updated list:

Screenname.......Trip Dates
hogwild..............June 16-19
joeysmommy.......June 16-19
princesskayla......June 21-25
5 Disney Fans.....June 25-July 4
Braves888..........July 1-3
Cruiser 1969.......July 4-10
JzeroT1437.........July 5-8
camouseketeer....July 8-10
Disneyluvr...........July 8-11
BramsKT.............July 8-11
kc10family..........July 13-16

And...I think I'll close this share to new entries. We have 11 total (possible 12 if my real-life friends join). That's enough for me to handle! We're kind of a late June/early July share anyway. We couldn't have later trippers than what we already have.

Disneyluvr, I don't have enough posts to PM. Could you change the title of this thread to something that reflects that we're set (and don't need a host anymore, obviously) for a Late June/early July photopass share. That way we can still use this thread to communicate.

Thanks!
Kristy

Kristy:
I will respond in blue:goodvibes
Maria

Oh, good! I'll come to you with questions, then.... :)

So, as I understand it, the process goes like this: (what I'm uncertain about is in red)

After we get the list pretty settled, I'd calculate the cost of the CD + shipping + CDs (I can also do DVDs) + mailers + everyone's postage and divide it by the # of sharers. Then everyone sends me their money (when does this happen? before you go on your trip?) and in the meantime I set up a photopass share account, and give the group the name & password. When it happens is really up to you . . . It would be best to have the monetary committment beforehand. Do you have a Paypal account? I find that works best and is very quick!

We all go on our wonderful vacations, get as many pictures as possible, and upon returning, download our pics to the one account. (I saw on the June thread that everyone had a specific "download day." Why do they do this and do we need to schedule that also?) I have never done the specific download day, but I have never had a group this big. I think other groups do it to be able to group the pictures together on the account for separated copying.

When everyone's finished downloading and editing, I'll order the CD, make copies (everyone's pictures on their own CD, or just straight copies? I can do either if it's easy to see who's pics are who's) and send them off! I told my group I would not separate, but then I ended up doing it anyway because it wasn't that hard, especially if each person can tell you their pciture numbers.

From what I understand of the timing, we would have 30 days from the time we get our photopass card to go online and claim them, and then 30 days after that after the FIRST person downloads their pics to our account to order the CD (except that the later trippers have less time to download their pics because the clock has already started ticking).

Should we have a cut-off date for new sign-ups and a limit to the # of people in our group? I'm thinking 10 or less would be pretty doable. I saw a couple more people have added on. I'll add them to the list... I see you have already closed the group on a later post, so that's good!!!

Last thing, do people want to communicate using this thread (or I can start a new one) or by email? I will definitely give folks my email so they can contact me directly with questions or problems, and I'm leaning toward communicating with everyone by email after we have the group set. I think we should keep this thread so that there aren't too many places to have to keep track of information.

Anything I'm forgetting? I'm confident we'll work it out as it goes. :cool2:

Kristy

Does that make us your virtual-life friends?

Sure! ;) Hey, any fan of Disney is a friend of mine...

Ok, gang, I'm going to see if my pals want to join (I'll see them on Wed, and I think it will be easier to explain this to them in person). As soon as they say yay or nay I'll update with everyone's $ contribution.

Kristy

fabulous!
thank you for adding me.
I have yet to read the long post a few posts up, but I am sure that will answer some of my questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter