June 28th cruisers

thedisneymom

I call 'em as I see 'em! Still wishes on stars! Li
Did you get your documents. I got mine yesterday. Doin" the Happy Doc Dance!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

**Pout** no documents yet. That you got your docs, gives me hope that we're next! Of course I'm not sure how I will react when I get them. I guess running around in circles, screaming my head off would be the normal "mild" reaction <grin>

We got our documents last Friday. I am sure yours will be coming soon. It is great to get them as a confirmation, but they really don't hold any secrets. My family will be on the voyage with all of you. We consist of myself - 37, DH - 39 (and holding), DD - 12 (I wish she was holding) and DS - 10. I hope I get to meet some of the people who have answered my many questions and have given so many priceless ideas.

Julma - Hi! Glad to hear from you. The more the merrier. Glad there will be yet another boy 10 on our cruise. Mine is also 10, and Stewblue has a nephew 11. There may be hope for my peace and quiet yet! Sounds like plenty of little girls too.

thedisneymom:mad: NO DOCUMENTS YET! WHAT MAKES YOU SO SPECIAL? I know, we don't have room here for that answer!!!:p

By the way, how will they arrive? Do I have to be home? That doesn't happen often these days.

Julma - forgot to tell you about our little DIS meet. During sail away party, deck 10 overlooking Goofy Pool on the port side. Come join us if you like. Are you staying anywhere the night before? - a lot of us will be at the Radisson.

thedisneymom - you really need to move to the Radisson too.

My travel agent received the documents almost a week ago. I guess she's the special one! ;) I bought antibacterial soap etc. today- probably won't need it but I'm going prepared. Also, bought a bathing suit for my daughter. I'm getting there. Just wish this COLD RAINY miserable NY weather would end. Jeez it's the end of May and my heat is on again. I am soo sick of lousy weather. Give me my cruise. please of course. :p

Thanks for including us. We are staying at the Radisson the night before as well. We arrive in Orlando about 2ish and rent a car and on to the Radisson. Again, don't worry too much about the docs. They are kind of a let down, no excitement value. Nothing like reading the boards.

Julma- Glad you are joining us at the sailaway party. My daughter is a young 14. Stewblue has a niece around your daughter's age.Are you arriving at the port early? If so, look for me . My family will have on matching Disney t-shirts. They are white with pictures of Mickey etc. Mine will also say Dis'er. I think Samsma will have matching shirts also.

Samsma- Don't worry you'll get your docs soon. I did some serious shopping yesterday. You can't believe the rotten weather here. Give me my cruise.

Callahanjulie- How's the weather there? Did you enjoy your trip?How's your trip preparation coming?

Stewblue- I think you will like the document envelope. I love the design. Did you get everything you need for your husband? I shoppped for 5 hours with my daughter for bathing suits and more last night. She's extremely thin(unlike her mom) and it was difficult to find something to fit her. Now onto the tux measurements.

Cruise planning is fun but slightly nerve-racking. I think I am set for me. Finding clothes for my size is a major challenge so I've been looking for quite a while. My husband would be happy with one pair of pants and 2 shirts. We didn't get tux measurements done last weekend so we're trying this weekend. I think my daughter is set. We plan on setting up the "staging" area this weekend so I can really start pulling things together. We're driving from Houston while my daughter's friend is flying to Orlando from Austin Tx.

My parents are driving; my Texas sister is still deciding and my New Jersey sister is flying. My goal is that the family meets at the Radisson but I'm not clear where everyone is staying. Once we are on the ship I plan on total collapse. Bring me an incredible umbrella drink, park me somewhere and I will be fine!

Packing - stuff for cleaning hands; stuff for cleaning air (OUST); stuff for smelling (air freshener); extension cord for Daughter's cabin; shoe deal for daughter's cabin; net pop-up hamper for clothes; Sea Safe; suntan.... oh yes- bubbles!! At this point I've begun to mutter so those who know are clearing the decks <grin>

I'm very exited about meeting everyone. This will be a most excellent adventure!!

Stewblue- You are too funny! You certainly have your hands full. How long of a drive is it? Does the welcome aboard pink and white drink in a Disney tall glass suit you? ;) (of course while you are sitting in a comfortable chair blowing bubbles watching me dance with Mickey). They give instructions for tux measurement on the website . Its the company the ship uses. Its in the passporter . Do you need it?

Julma- I'm guessing she'll go to the teen area but I was wrong last year. There were too many 16 and up. She felt out of place. She hung out with us- lack of a friend and VERY shy and quiet. Maybe she'll go with your daughter.

It's getting really close now, Yee Haa. We got our documents about 2 weeks ago. I made our list to pack and I'm checking it twice. We can't wait to get into some nice warm weather. We are down right sick of this rainy damp stuff. I hope it's not a preview of what the rest of the summer is going to be like.

Michele

For those who already got their documents, you must realize that I am slightly jealous and wondering who we need to "convince / bribe" to get ours! <grin> I'm thinking that I need to stay home from work until they arrive. I think I'll just explain that for security reasons I have a very important package being delivered to my home and that I need to be there to accept it. I'm sure they will be understanding.

Now - for a more serious question....
My immediate family (including DH) is actually planning to dress formal (tux); informal (tux); matching Hawaiian shirts etc. In other words we are going full-tilt into American Disney tourist theme nights. So what other theme's can we participate in? I want to take full advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Although many do not join in on the clothing there are different nights in the adult club(60's, 70's and 80's). Can't wait to see you in your Olivia Newton John or Donna Summer get-up. I think this will definitely top Samsma in straw hat and white gloves. I must confess I too am a participating type. Trying to get Cher tickets and plan on going with a long black wig. :p

thedisneymom - were you the one that stole Cher's wig? Big reward I hear. That must be how you're planning to pay for that Cat 3 cabin. LOL!!!

I would love to go to 70's and 80's nights. Being a child of the 80's I still have all my Foreigner, Journey, and Bryan Adams t-shirts in a drawer. My neices borrow all my stuff when they want to get together with their friends and make fun of my generation. I even do their hair. Brats!

Do you know what nights they will be on? Will they just do one or the other, or both?

Does this mean that along with the shoe deal to handle odds and ends that I also need to pack my hair crimper? Love that 80's hair!

Samsma- I have been going by the navigators on Barb's site. I don't think that will change(THey just made those) Wed.-80's, Thurs. 70's and I no longer see 60's. Perhaps they did away with that AND my turkey dinner and banama flambe . I am more of the disco queen 70's type. Come on Village People and Gloria Gaynor.

Stewblue= I REALLY can't wait to meet you! Yes, hair crimper a must. Also, bell bottoms and flower power shirts(saddle shoes optional)

I hope all 3 are still going on. My husband and daughter like to go to sleep early so I made my son promise to go with me(so I can humiliate him)HEE!HEE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter