June 22 And Not Excited

Diz

Mouseketeer
Arrive June 22 and I have NO enthusiasm about going to US/IOA.

I now wish I didn't buy these 7 day tickets because I can't see spending more than a day in the heat and the crowds.

After reading these forums for the past 4 months, it all sounds like such a hassle and pain.

Originally posted by Diz

After reading these forums for the past 4 months, it all sounds like such a hassle and pain.

What is it that you read on these forums that has made you feel this way?
Mostly everything is positive that is written, I can't imagine what has you feeling so disenchanted about your vacation? I will also be arriving the 22nd & can't wait! :)

The long lines.

The heat.

Two of my least favorite things all rolled into one :)

I'll probably just stay at the house we rented and keep cool in the pool.

The lines - Best reason of alll of staying on site, last August walked right on all the rides. Cool off in the air conditioned rides, take a afternoon swim, you will have a great time. With 7 day tickets you will have no reason to rush, go to the parks early and then again in the evening.

You're kidding, right? Long lines AND heat in Orlando, Florida.... I've never heard of such!
Whatever you read that turned you off, just remember, 1000 positive remarks can be erased with 1 negative (funny how that works). Not everyone can be pleased either.
Go with an open mind and enjoy yourself.
Jim

I'd trade you in a heartbeat to stay up here in my cooooooooooooooooooooooooool (actually they're predicting cold for the weekend) house while I enjoy myself in those long lines and heat. Wait, I'll ask my kids if they want to skip school....................... Yup, it's a deal! We're shakin' on it up here.

We are going to be there JUne18-27. The more I read these boards the more excited I get. I am just planning for the heat. We are spending 2 days at US/IOA. My only regret about our trip is that I did not find these boards soon enough. We are staying at WDW on site the whole time. Now I wished we would have bookked 2 nights staying at US. These boards are great. corvair

Arrive early to the parks each day at 08:30am, and be first thru the gate. It won't be hot yet.
You'll be ahead of the crowds and get 1 lap around the park before everyone arrives.
Then you go back to your rented house and go in the pool.
Then at 5pm you come back to the park as the tired are leaving.

DIZ!

WhatsUP, guy??? After all you've been through the EZ part is coming! It's the PLANNING that's a hassle. And not once did I find that the hassle wasn't worth it once I was there!

Tell ya what, come on down to the meet on the 23rd and meet some of the NICEST people you've ever met and we promise you, you will find out it was well worth it! :bounce:

Hi Robin!

Yes, I am bumming out for some reason or another. Even my kids (girls 15 and 17) said they really aren't looking forward to the trip to US/IOA.

They just want to go hang on the beaches and sleep in all morning :)

Maybe once we get there things will change, I hope so anyway.

But the idea of rubbing elbows with a million people in high humidity just isn't my cup of tea :)

Hi I am going june 24 th for what I paid for the 7 day tickets I figure this way if we do 3 days we well got our money worth , take the mister fans do alot the water stuff and enjoy it ,I am the real nut one I am going with 5 kids ages 6,8,11,14,16 but go with the attitude if its to hot go back to the pool any way you look at it the tickets were great deal even if you just go early morning or in the evening!

Diz, just have everyone wear swimsuits under light shorts and tanktops. Then, when you feel like it's getting too hot, or too crowded, go to the Curious George Goes To Town water playground at USF. (See my webpage, themeparks link, May 2001 Day 3). My kids are a little younger than yours, but they loved it there and so did us "big kids". It's a great place to cool off and de-stress.

Wow, no wonder you're so bummed....

That's why I like to plan my vacation for myself, other people have their own agendas, I'm lucky my son and I are of the same mindset for NOW, I'm sure that'll change when he becomes a teenager.

I visited USF for the very first time in July, and the heat of the day was 98 degrees with a heat index of 108! And I HATE heat! But I LOVED USF! The water rides are a treat and I have to agree with Dave, there is NOTHING like a stroll through the Curious George area in the summer. I let Michael lose and I even join in for a cool off. And Toon Lagoon is a wonder in the heat. I went in January one time and it was a nuisance, but in June, hey, it's a pleasure. Just come prepared to get wet and enjoy yourself....

And there's nothing wrong about hanging around the house. That's one of the best parts of a vacation IMHO.

Hope you can make it to the meet. I'll keep Barry away from ya!

and hey, you'll be able to see the new Beetlejuice show, the new Ghostbusters show, the new Horror Makeup Show, the new Swashbucklers show, and the new Rico/Sarita show!

P. :)

:D

I am trying to get excited, trust me.

I think the worst part, the part that I am dreading, is the 20 hour straight drive there and back home. Stopping for gas and a few eats and that's it :)

Originally posted by Diz
:D
I am trying to get excited, trust me.
I think the worst part, the part that I am dreading, is the 20 hour straight drive there and back home. Stopping for gas and a few eats and that's it :)

Ewww, I remember those days! We used to drive back & forth from Boston non-stop! It was okay going down because you were so excited about getting to Orlando, but going home, that was another story! Now I even dread the three hour ride!

We are driving down from NYC and have for the last 9 years. I don't even know how long it takes anymore since we make so many stops plus stay overnight in NC or SC. This year we have no choice but to drive straight thru and I am dreading it but in a way glad because hubby likes to "prolong" our vacation by stopping EVERYWHERE...lol..can't miss South of the Border (even though we stop there every year) have to stop in Fredericksburg Va because that's where our car broke down a few years ago..etc..etc.... LOL. Don't let thinking about the drive ruin your vacation though. I know I always say never again, but do it again the following year because I will not fly.

What we do if it's really hot (and it always is when we go) is get to the parks early, leave around 1 or 2 and come back when it cools off. I am really looking forward to Universal Studios this year because we are staying onsite so I think it'll be a lot easier leaving midday and returning later on. I have to say though that the drive home is the worst, lol, I try not to think about it until it is actually time to go home.

Originally posted by Sherrilatte
In hindsight now, hope the drive back was not as bad as you anticipated. :D

I'm sure it was!:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter