June 2022 availability

77catwoman

Shira
We are planning to go to Aulani next summer with a group of 10 people, needing 2 rooms, a one bedroom and a two bedroom. My parents have a bunch of DVC points for WDW resorts, so they aren't eligible to book at Aulani until 7 months. Plane tickets will be available starting next week, but I am hesitant to book without having some reasonable certainty that they will be able to get us the necessary rooms. Are the dvc rooms typically difficult to book with points at the 7 month mark? I know there are no guarantees, just looking for some opinions/prior experiences.

Thank you,
Shira

I don't think you can say there is a 'reasonable certainty' for getting rooms at 7 months. With all the pent-up points DVC members currently hold, and with Aulani reopening recently again after a long hiatus, I think the availability question is a tough one. You have an important call to make on the plane tickets. If you wait until November to see if you can get the rooms, the airfare might be way more expensive.

If it were us, I think we'd be buying plane tickets and being prepared to reserve the rooms right at 7 months. You might need to consider a wait list situation. But there are a lot of unknowns for you on a trip like this - hope it all works out well for your family.

Other than the Holidays, June is the most difficult month for Aulani, as it is the most popular due to the lower points requirements of the season when family with kids out of school can go. Any other month, say, July, and you can get something, as long as you book right at the 7 months mark, you would just need to have enough points for the ocean view units, as standard view units will be gone.

For June, I put your chances of being able to get both rooms at under 30% for the month of June, it's simply one of the months where you really do need to own at Aulani for the 11 months home booking advantage.

Great3

We’ve booked in June at 7 months a few times without issue. It is tight, and whomever is booking needs to be ready right when the window opens. We only book Ocean or Pool view which helps with availability as well.

I also track flights like crazy and have found they are cheapest in the 10-12 week range (granted we are flying directly out of So Cal). All that to say that IME, I wouldn’t stress too much!

We’ve booked in June at 7 months a few times without issue. It is tight, and whomever is booking needs to be ready right when the window opens. We only book Ocean or Pool view which helps with availability as well.

I also track flights like crazy and have found they are cheapest in the 10-12 week range (granted we are flying directly out of So Cal). All that to say that IME, I wouldn’t stress too much!

I don't doubt the OP can't get 1 unit without trouble, especially the 1 bedroom unit in ocean view. The problem is OP needs to get 2 units, and the the dates need to line up exactly for those two units, that's a much different story. Having said that, I would still try to book at the 7 months mark, but I wouldn't book airfare ahead of time, just being realistic.

Good Luck OP, and I hope it works out for you!!!

Great3

Have tried to book two 1 bedroom villas in June at 7 months for the last 2 years unsuccessfully. Last year, the trip got cancelled and pushed to this year. Much more availability in July. Think it will be even worse next year with pent up demand and borrowing restrictions, resulting in more points wanting to be used in the window without banking.

Maybe the stars will align for you, but you must be on point. Unless flying SWA where flights are easily moveable, I would wait to book until you got the room reservations confirmed.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter