June 2019 Check In

We'll be there June 7-11. I want to get in and out before SWL opens!!! Staying across the street at Desert Inn in a suite since there will be 6 of us!

Our family is going June 23-June 30th. Staying in 2 br suite at the DL hotel with the whole gang!! Should be awesome can't wait!!

Hey June people, have you seen this? The countdown is on, so who will be the lucky or unlucky ones to be there at opening week?

While Disney has not officially announced June yet, it appears the many predictions are correct. June is the official opening of Star Wars in Disneyland.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/di...ark-plans-and-learning-from-kodak-51546599600

Stated in the Article:

Do you still feel like you can bring more people through the parks, or is it more about growing ticket prices?

In some, you get more repeat visitation and increased length of stay because there’s more to do. You get more capacity. When Star Wars opens in Anaheim in June and in Florida later in the year, that’s adding capacity. You’re adding 14 acres of land [each], more rides, and more things for people to do. It’s the biggest land we’ve ever built. We’re just getting higher demand on our product spread throughout the year. That gives you pricing leverage. But what we’re also trying to do is be much smarter about pricing strategy, to try to spread attendance and reduce attendance in the peak periods so we can improve guest satisfaction. Crowding is an issue.

I hope NOT me! I planned an early June trip hoping SWL opens in late June. I don't want to be anywhere near the resort when that opens!!!

We're going in June also! Staying at the Hojo. Still playing around with our departure date but most likely June 8-14.

We will be there June 1-8 for my daughter and husband's first trip. Currently, booked at HoJo and Castle Inn because we are waiting on step-daughter to decide if she is going, which will determine which hotel due to occupancy. I hope opening isn't until after we leave!

We’re at the park 22nd-24th so the odds are that SWGE will be open when we’re there. Time to start planning for a mega crowd! :)

Im there June 30, July 1 and July 2 so Im the same. I'm usually in the parks around 9am, so Im thinking I may need to be there at rope drop this year. I'm also thinking I may need an afternoon coffee as well as my morning coffee, and to book a table service meal for each day, instead of just one day. This year I think we need to book ADR right at 60 days, as demand will be huge

I hope NOT me! I planned an early June trip hoping SWL opens in late June. I don't want to be anywhere near the resort when that opens!!!

Same here. We go June 1-7 hoping to get in and out before swge. But I knew it was only a guess and that it could happen. This will be our first trip out west. Enough people have made me scared that the crowds will be like nothing they've ever seen. I don't want my first disneyland trip to be miserable and we won't be able to afford to come back for years and my kids will all be grown and moved away. Lol.

My family will be there June 7-10 staying at the Tropicana. This will be my first and possibly only trip to Disneyland. I’m hoping to miss the opening of Star Wars. We will eventually get to the one at WDW a few years after it opens.

June 6-10 DGC 1 bedroom. There are 4 of us. We have been to DW many times. We have never been to the land yet! We rented points in September. We are excited and wouldn't mind a soft opening.

Last edited:
Our family of 5 will be there from June 19-22 at the Grand Californian. We have been twice before, but I am both excited and nervous about potential crowds.

Im there June 30, July 1 and July 2 so Im the same. I'm usually in the parks around 9am, so Im thinking I may need to be there at rope drop this year. I'm also thinking I may need an afternoon coffee as well as my morning coffee, and to book a table service meal for each day, instead of just one day. This year I think we need to book ADR right at 60 days, as demand will be huge

Might be a stupid question but what’s “ADR”?

I just checked the Disney website, Maxpass has now increased to $15 per day

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/maxpass/

Well that means that I was right in buying the tickets at the end of 2018. Saved $40 in doing that...not a huge amount but that’s $40 to spend on something else :)

Might be a stupid question but what’s “ADR”?..

ADR is the WDW abbreviation for Advance Dining Reservation. At DLR, the term is PS = Priority Seating reservation. Or just "dining reservation." They basically mean the same thing, but there are different terms for the different parks. It seems to be a bigger deal in WDW because ADRs have to be made so far in advance (180 days). At DLR, dining reservations only open up 60 days in advance, and sometimes not even then depending on how the books are loading on the computer.

We will be there June 28-July 2. It’s our first time and I can’t wait to start making reservations.

Hey June people, have you seen this? The countdown is on, so who will be the lucky or unlucky ones to be there at opening week?
I fully expect we will unintentionally be there. The odds seem to be betting on 6/21, 6/22, 6/23, which *exactly* when we are there. But we couldn't leave until Hub was out for summer break, which meant 6/14, but if there were snow day payback, it could be 6/17 or 6/18. A day or two to relax and pack, and a flying day, and suddenly we are at (potentially) *THE OPENING*.... But going later isn't really an option. Because of health issues, I tend to "overheat" in July and August. Grandson #1 got to go as soon as school was out in 2018, so Grand #2 expects the same (rightly so! ). And by August, Hubs is getting geared up for teaching again, and the summer is gone.

So, here we sit... Anxiously dreading the eventual announcement. I mean, unless they want to delay it a week ;)

We're going June 2nd through June 8th staying at Desert Palms. I sincerely hope we are there BEFORE Star Wars opens up. I have no real interest in it although I will of course check it out in 2020 when we go but I do not want to be there when it opens - it sounds awful. We went the week before CarsLand opened up and it was fantastic - by the time we went back a year later all the hype had died down some and we saw everything without a lot of stress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter