--June 2018 Check-in Thread--

Ok, guys, I’m tempted to dump my family and do the Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour one day! Thoughts? And leaning towards WOC dessert party over BB Fantasmic package-we haven’t seen Fantasmic since it changed but did the BB package last time. It was great, though I don’t love the food there. Hard to decide where to splurge!

We are hopefully doing WOC dessert party. I have enough Disney visa rewards points to cover it so I’m considering it free! LOL! Also thinking of doing BB fantasmic as well because I feel like we have to do BB, even though looking at the menu doesn’t excite me.

For some reason I thought I had kicked in already - but I don't think I did.

We will check in June 14 and check out June 19. 3 park days and a few for other local visitation. We are WDW vets, but have only done DL once, in 2010. Kids will be 13, 12 and 9 this time around, so a VERY different experience. We are booked at the Candy Cane Inn.

We'll be there toward the end of June. Right now our dates are 23-26. It'll be me, my husband and our youngest grandson, who will turn five on June 27th.

A few years ago, we started a tradition- The Summer Before Kindergarten Disneyland Trip with Gramma and Grampa!:jumping3:

We decided it would be a fun way to celebrate going off to school and a great way for each grandchild to get to spend alone time with gramma and grampa. It's also a way for us to spoil each grandchild individually and for us to focus on one grandchild at a time. A win-win!:laughing: We took our oldest grandson in the summer of 2013, right before he turned five and went off to Kindergarten, then our oldest granddaughter in the summer of 2016, and now it is our youngest grandson's turn. He'll start Kindergarten this August. Our youngest granddaughter is only 16 months old, so we have a few summers before she goes off to Kindergarten!

We love these trips! We pretty much let each grandchild (with some input from us!) decide what they want to see and do at each Park, since it's totally focused on them. We booked Ariel's Grotto for our granddaughter, since she was all about the princesses at the time, and I remember when we took our grandson, we rode Mater's Junkyard Jamboree about ten times in a row, since he was all about CARS at that time! I have a feeling we're going to spend a lot of time in Cars Land this summer, too!

This trip, we'll be staying at the Marriott Suites. We've stayed there before and really like it.

Okay, I think I have everyone added! Phew!

Ok, guys, I’m tempted to dump my family and do the Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour one day! Thoughts? And leaning towards WOC dessert party over BB Fantasmic package-we haven’t seen Fantasmic since it changed but did the BB package last time. It was great, though I don’t love the food there. Hard to decide where to splurge!

I did the tour last week, and LOVED it. I was on a solo trip this time, so I didn't have to run away from anyone to do it, which is what had stopped me from doing it in the past. It was interesting, and I learned more than I expected.

A few years ago, we started a tradition- The Summer Before Kindergarten Disneyland Trip with Gramma and Grampa!:jumping3:

We decided it would be a fun way to celebrate going off to school and a great way for each grandchild to get to spend alone time with gramma and grampa. It's also a way for us to spoil each grandchild individually and for us to focus on one grandchild at a time. A win-win!:laughing: We took our oldest grandson in the summer of 2013, right before he turned five and went off to Kindergarten, then our oldest granddaughter in the summer of 2016, and now it is our youngest grandson's turn. He'll start Kindergarten this August. Our youngest granddaughter is only 16 months old, so we have a few summers before she goes off to Kindergarten!

We love these trips! We pretty much let each grandchild (with some input from us!) decide what they want to see and do at each Park, since it's totally focused on them. We booked Ariel's Grotto for our granddaughter, since she was all about the princesses at the time, and I remember when we took our grandson, we rode Mater's Junkyard Jamboree about ten times in a row, since he was all about CARS at that time! I have a feeling we're going to spend a lot of time in Cars Land this summer, too!

We are starting a similar family tradition, though our magic age is 7. I had my first trip when I was 7, hubby had his first visit when he was 7, and now we are taking our grandchildren the summers of their 7th birthdays. Our first grandson will be 7 in April (how in the world did that happen?!?), so this is the first year. First and second grandsons are less than 13 months apart in age, so neither remembers life without the other, and they have never had a longer time one-on-one that they remember. So, its Gram, Grandpa, and Grandson #1 this go-round. He's so excited, watching the Disneyland Sing-a-long Songs DVD every time he comes over, telling us about what rides he wants to do first, which, of course, seems to change based on the Disney winds!

Okay, I think I have everyone added! Phew!

We are starting a similar family tradition, though our magic age is 7. I had my first trip when I was 7, hubby had his first visit when he was 7, and now we are taking our grandchildren the summers of their 7th birthdays. Our first grandson will be 7 in April (how in the world did that happen?!?), so this is the first year. First and second grandsons are less than 13 months apart in age, so neither remembers life without the other, and they have never had a longer time one-on-one that they remember. So, its Gram, Grandpa, and Grandson #1 this go-round. He's so excited, watching the Disneyland Sing-a-long Songs DVD every time he comes over, telling us about what rides he wants to do first, which, of course, seems to change based on the Disney winds!

I noticed on the check-in page next to our upcoming dates, that you added this is our grandson's first trip to Disneyland. Actually, it isn't.:) I apologize for any confusion, but this will be his first trip with just gramma and grampa! Even though all the grandkids have been to Disneyland before turning five, they still look forward to their summer-before-Kindergarten trip with Gramma and Grampa. Our grandson went to Disneyland when he was five months old and again at nine months so, of course, he was too young to remember those trips! He was a few months shy of three when he went to Disney World for the first time, so he probably doesn't remember too much from that trip, either.

You are going to have so much fun taking your seven year old grandson! It's definitely a different kind of trip. We find it to be much more relaxing, since we're not trying to fit in a big variety of attractions. I know our grandson will want to spent a lot of time in Cars Land and Fantasyland. I do hope, though, that he gets over his idea that Mickey is creepy before we go on our trip!:eek:

Last edited:
Forgot to add that we are staying at the DVC villas at Grand Ca and it is our first visit after 100's of trips to WDW!

Oooo -Hello. So glad to be joining in.

We had a family cruise planned, but just this week decided to make the switch and we are driving (yes - driving) from NY for a road trip and 8 nights in Anaheim!
It is actually my third visit, having visited in 1977 with my family and then in 1998 with DH.

We have six awesome kids who will be ages 5 - 17. We are WDW vets with our last visit in 2016 (trip report in signature).

We are doing an Airbnb in Garden Grove 6/11-6/19 with four DLR days planned and hopefully seeing a few other SoCal things.

We drove to Oregon from NY in 2015 - so we've done the major road trip.
We've done the typical commando WDW visiting many times.
This is the first time I've combined the two and I'm both excited and freaked out.

I'm hoping to pick up on some touring plans here.

Looking forward to hearing what others have to share!!!!!!!

DH and I will be there June 23-30. Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary-so leaving kids at home! This will be my 2nd visit (last visit was 1982), and DH first time-so it will be new to both of us! We will be staying at Best Western PPI

We'll be there June 5-12 My kids AP's expire on the 13th so squeezing in one last trip! Booked at the Tropicana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!