July's Summer Fun WISH Journey

4Mickeys

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the July WISH thread! For returning familiar friends - welcome back! For newcomers - welcome - to the We Are Inspired to Stay Healthy thread. Looking forward to “chatting “ with everyone. This month we are again sharing the hosting duties to ease the load.

Related image
Brought together by our love of Disney, we support each other on our healthy living journeys. We tend to go with the following guidelines, but please feel free to post whatever is on your mind or if you have something you’d like to share. We are a pretty laid-back group!

Motivation Monday
Topic Tuesday
Woohoo Wednesday
Thankful Thursday
Free for all Friday - Our foodie ideas seemed to have dropped off a bit -so I though we might go back to Free for All for a while - but that of course means you can chat about anything - including new healthy recipe ideas you have tried :-)
Introduce yourself, share your goal/s for the month, how you plan to get there ... and we will support you as your work towards your goal.

Hosts for the month:
Week 1: 4Mickeys
Week 2: Oneanne
Week 3: Pollyannamom
Week 4: HappyGrape​

Last edited:
Hello Everybody It's MOTIVATION MONDAY!!!!

To kick off our Summer Fun - I thought it would be fun to share some MOTIVATIONAL MUSIC to work out to, share your favourite song that gets you in the zone. Also share what is motivating you this week :-)

I'll kick it off with

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This week I am feeling motivated by it being a new month and I am feeling some fresh resolve - I need to have another blood test this week and that is motivating me - I gave myself a talking too and said "if you are going to worry so much about things going wrong with your health you need to start doing all you can to be healthier!"

Hello everyone,

I'm Sam joining in and hosting this week from Queensland, Australia. I am going to follow @HappyGrape 's idea of chunking into 10 days. My first 10 day goal is around physical activity. Walk with my friend twice in that 10 days. Do a YouTube 'walking' or cardio video every day for at least 15 minutes. Do a You tube Yoga, Pilates or Resitance Band training video daily.

Intro - I'm Nicole, 48-year-old mom of one near Boston, MA. I'm off work (teaching) for the summer, and my healthy goals for this month are:
  • keep up with exercise
  • remember to drink water
  • work on decluttering - I know this doesn't seem health-related, but too much "stuff" just seems to suck my energy sometimes, and I want to redirect it to new things. I won't have much time for this until the second half of the month, but I'm going to try to at least get started. My plan is to concentrate on how things I don't need could bless someone else.
Motivation Monday - My exercise "playlist" isn't really music. If I'm walking outside, the soundtrack is talking with a friend, and on the treadmill it's YouTube videos (very often Disney stuff!) But I do use musical motivation when I need help getting up and moving with housework. My cleaning playlist is made up of showtunes, and this is the first song:

I was sick for the last few days with trip to the doctor and my motivation for the week ahead comes entirely from wanting to feel healthy. I don't know how I let myself be with overweight bmi, it doesn't feel the right weight for me. I don't feel healthy. What I was doing last month felt like diet and I need to focus on healthy living.

I am actually thinking about not trying to count calories after listening to half size me podcast. She took month off and found it good. I am thinking 3 meals 2 snack. 3 meals from smaller plate, at least 1/3rd veg or fruit and protein carb the rest. And portion controlled snack at 3, and bit more flexlible for the evening one.

I need to figure out how to maintain lower weight. It's hard doing this when trying to lose weight but I feel i need to roll with it and see where that leads
me

I just want to live healthy, I want to find healthy way to live that supports healthier weight. I think if I need break from numbers for this month, and focus on healthy habits and reasonable portions.

I'll also jump on the 10 day bandwagon... my goals for the first 10 days of the month are to reduce consumption of dairy and sugar.

My motivation for this week is - it's only three days!!! I'm taking Friday off for an extra long holiday weekend, and I'm going to my Sister's early Thursday, like 6am early so I'm ahead of the holiday traffic, and then will come home Friday, giving me Sat/Sun at home... the prefect mix. With her house being just a block off of the beach, we can sit on the front deck and watch the fireworks up and down the beach without having to go anywhere.

Something I've been thinking about since returning from vacation, is that I don't have enough music in my life. I'm thinking of subscribing to one of the music streaming apps and having tunes in the house, instead of the TV. At work, when I can I play music from my phone and my current obsession is Brandi Carlile's CD 'By the Way I Forgive You', with 'The Joke' being my top favorite song from it.

My goal for the first week of this month is to maintain my weight and continue to keep active. We’re off to the beach tomorrow for a week, so need to be mindful of choices and resist that vacation mentality.

Because I walk on a nature trail or in the park when we’re at the beach, I have to be aware of bikers-so I don’t listen to music. If I ever get myself to join the local Y or fitness center, I can see myself listening to music while using the treadmill.

I was sick for the last few days with trip to the doctor and my motivation for the week ahead comes entirely from wanting to feel healthy. I don't know how I let myself be with overweight bmi, it doesn't feel the right weight for me. I don't feel healthy. What I was doing last month felt like diet and I need to focus on healthy living.

I am actually thinking about not trying to count calories after listening to half size me podcast. She took month off and found it good. I am thinking 3 meals 2 snack. 3 meals from smaller plate, at least 1/3rd veg or fruit and protein carb the rest. And portion controlled snack at 3, and bit more flexlible for the evening one.

I need to figure out how to maintain lower weight. It's hard doing this when trying to lose weight but I feel i need to roll with it and see where that leads
me

I just want to live healthy, I want to find healthy way to live that supports healthier weight. I think if I need break from numbers for this month, and focus on healthy habits and reasonable portions.
I’m sorry you are struggling with this-I have certainly been there myself at times. I think your plan of just focusing on healthy meals and snacks without counting calories will lower your stress level for sure.

I'm Cristin, 42 year old teacher, wife & mom of twins who turn 15 TODAY! Where did the time go. Anyway, we live near Philadelphia, PA. My goal for the month is to maintain my weight while vacationing. We are headed to the beach for a week and Disney/Universal for a week, all this month. I am working on "walking to Disney", so that is my major motivation right now. I am so close, yet know that I need to walk more each day in order to make it in time. Otherwise I'll be walking 20-30 miles on the last day 😳

To kick off our Summer Fun - I thought it would be fun to share some MOTIVATIONAL MUSIC to work out to, share your favourite song that gets you in the zone. Also share what is motivating you this week :-)

I love this! So fun! Here's my motivational music...

work on decluttering - I know this doesn't seem health-related, but too much "stuff" just seems to suck my energy sometimes, and I want to redirect it to new things.

Oh - I do think it is health related - mental health related. I need to do some more of this myself. I agree it definitely does suck our energy and it just sits there mocking us. Isn't it a wonderful calm feeling to walk into a your home when it is freshly tidied up :)

But I do use musical motivation when I need help getting up and moving with housework. My cleaning playlist is made up of showtunes, and this is the first song:

Yes housework is definitely another activity that needs some musical motivation! I do this sometimes - and should do it more - My Mum does it - I remember especially when she was spring cleaning being woken up to blasting Beatles, Elvis etc. while she cleaned lol

:grouphug: Sounds like you ready need a group hug at the moment. Hope you get over your illness. I know you are a numbers person and that usually works for you - so hope trying a new focus will reduce that stress for you. I also have to undo a little regain - the scale this morning tells me I have bounced up a little more than I am happy with as well, so we can re-do that work together.

At work, when I can I play music from my phone

I play music from my phone when I am in the office sometimes too. It really helps with my mood and actually helps me get through my work somedays.

We’re off to the beach tomorrow for a week, so need to be mindful of choices and resist that vacation mentality.

Have fun at the beach! Some nice long beach walks should help a little with holiday food snacks :)

I'm Cristin, 42 year old teacher, wife & mom of twins who turn 15 TODAY!

:bday: to your twinnies!!

Where did the time go

Someone stole it! It moves way too fast doesn't it? I have been looking through photo albums the last few days as a work friend is coming over next week. She is having boy/girl twins due in October and she wants to come for a chat and a look to see what she has to look forward too! One thing I did notice looking through the photos is I have less of the twins in the early days compared to my oldest single child - must have been too tired out dealing with twins and a 3 year old lol.

Otherwise I'll be walking 20-30 miles on the last day 😳

You definitely don't want that - you will be too exhausted to enjoy your first vacation day! Good luck reaching your goal - you are so close now.

I am feeling very motivated now after watching/listening to everyone's music - I searched up yours @Oneanne. Loved them all!

Okay I have to get off here and get to day 2 of 'you tube fitness goal':banana: Then later today I think the kids and I are off to see the Spiderman popcorn::. Yesterday afternoon had a :drinking1and a :chat: with a friend with a lovely view of the water and marina. Making the most of my 2 week break from work.

Hi all! My name is Lorena and I'm 29. I have two little boys who are almost 1 and almost 3. My goal for July is to loose 8lbs and stay in ketosis the whole month. I've been slacking lately which puts me into a tough spot with severe migraines.

My goal for this week is to do my yoga video every morning before my hubby leaves for work.

Hi all! My name is Lorena and I'm 29. I have two little boys who are almost 1 and almost 3. My goal for July is to loose 8lbs and stay in ketosis the whole month. I've been slacking lately which puts me into a tough spot with severe migraines.

My goal for this week is to do my yoga video every morning before my hubby leaves for work.

:welcome: so glad you are joining us. I see we have some similar goals - I also am trying to fit in some yoga and doing Keto :) Little ones - how lovely - bet they are keeping you busy!

hi @*tinker*bell* . Welcome to the group!

I survived day 1 of deliberately not counting and weighing myself. My breakfast is chopped mango & greek yogurt. Lunch is boiled potato & peri peri chikcen and small side salad with bit of olive oil. Afternoon snack is few flat peaches and slice of spanish omelelette. Dinner is this

https://www.weightwatchers.com/uk/recipe/three-herb-tabbouleh-halloumi/5ccc06a3d372ed0016ad8bc0
I love this recipe. I use more oil and more full fat halloumi as in my opinion 1 oz of protein is not enough for adult and no fat is not good for hormones, but this is lovely recipe that we do often and I recommend.

and my late snack tonight will be chocolate cherry smoothie. Cup or half of greek yoghurt, half a banana, 12 cherries, teaspoon of raw cacao, one date. It's lovely treat!

I divided my body weight workout to 2. I did 4 intervals of body weight squats, glute bridges and high knees yesterday.12 minutes total workout. Today I am going to do 4 intervals of planks and 4 of shoulder tabs.

I also will do daily outdoor walk

I feel entusiastic about this month as I will try to put my knowledge about healthy & balanced diet (as way of eating) in action without having the scale or mfp to give me feedback. I am courious what the end result will be, and I think it will be really really good. haha - where is my modestly? I think mfp at times can be distraction and right now this feels the right for me.

It would be wonderful if it works and I can continue with my weight loss & maintenance journey focusing entirely on sustainability and healthy living and not on numbers. However if the result is not good I will have no hesitation changing the plan

heading for the office now - have supper healthy day all

Image result for disney live action remakes

Good Morning everyone its TOPIC TUESDAY...
I just got home from watching Spiderman Far From Home - no spoilers but I got a little teary right at the start - my kids thought I was funny. It together with the movie trailers I saw - Lion King and Charlie's Angels as well as some of our chatter already, got me thinking. Disney and Hollywood are always bringing us sequels, reboots and live action versions of our original favourites. With them we see some changes, character development, new surprises, more of their origin stories, new tech etc. All of us here are kind of participating in our own version of a reboot of our original selves as we try to make changes and improvements in our lives.

So in our very own live action reboots .... Are you enjoying your reboot? What character development have you or are you undertaking? What has surprised you about your updated self?

Bonus Question: How do you feel about all the live action remakes we are seeing from Disney? Which has been your favourite or which are you most looking forward to seeing? Has there been any you think they should have just left it alone?

Welcome!

I feel like I'm being rebooted/remade at a very fast rate this year, being continually challenged with new ideas/information and new ways to think/look at things. I keep getting pushed into uncomfortable new spaces, but I've come to realize that the discomfort is a positive thing, not negative or an indication that something is wrong. But I am also working at cross purposes... when the stress level goes up I reach for more and more sugar to numb and calm myself down. I need to stop this and sit with the discomfort.

Bonus: I'm actually not a huge Disney movie person, but of the recent live remakes I've seen Cinderella, which I loved, Beauty and the Beast, which I also loved and Mary Poppins, which I enjoyed but was also slightly disappointed by... I saw it at home on the TV and I think seeing it in the theater would have made a difference for me. I may or may not see Lion King, I kind of hate animal based stories where they may get hurt, but I do know this story so I might be able to deal with it and the music is a big draw.

Over the weekend my ankles de-swelled back to normal then yesterday they puffed back up again, which kind of confirms that sitting all day might also be part of the issue, so I'm going to pursue getting a desk that can be raised so I can stand for part of the day. In the meantime I'm going to do hourly walks around the office. My feet/legs don't ache like they were, so the increased potassium is making a difference.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!