JULY W.I.S.H. Challenge - Summer of Positive Change

It’s Friday, but I forgot to go back and answer the thankful quote yesterday, about being grateful for a struggle. I guess I’ll say that we didn’t always have much money when I was a kid. I can’t really call it struggling, though - we always had enough, just some ups and downs as far as “extras” were concerned. I’m very grateful though, that it taught me not to depend on the extras for happiness. I enjoy them, but I also know to get creative when they’re not a priority.

made the decision to have her cat put down but she did not want to be there when he died, I was wanting to but at the same time needing to be there for her and for 12 year old who was originally with my mother in law but was brought over to say her goodbyes.
View attachment 510979View attachment 510980

Since it is Thankful Thursday I am thankful that I was able to drive home inspite of my eyes continually welling up with tears including through a badly signed construction zone (speed limit was 10 lower than normal construction zone speed limit in MT but you don't know that until your there and guess what the speed is this).
Hugs to you and your daughter for your loss! It was good of her to do what was kindest for him.

We’re off to the beach for a long weekend. Looking forward to walking on the beach. We’re still packing food and staying out of restaurants.
Stay safe! We're planning to be at Assateague tomorrow, so I'll blow you some pixie dust across the sound!

511047511048511049511050511053 I started browsing for pins yesterday. Aren't these *GREAT* ????!!!!???? Alas... they are also *FAKE*!!!! :sad: I am considering buying some anyway, knowing that I just can't ever trade them... (But who would want to????? These would be keepers!!!) Disney needs to get on this and make some REAL ones!

I actually didn't get all my water in yesterday, but I'm going to keep going 'til Sunday and I figure I'll probably still deserve a pin for effort!

As promised it is raining this morning, but the forecast is just "cloudy" in Port Townsend, so I should drive out of it when I get to the other side of the sound.

I've already gotten some of the minor weekend chores done, just by picking up after myself as I move thru the house. I'll do more when I get home this evening and then the weekend is left to the four larger chores/projects that I've decided to tackle.

TIme to make my sandwich for lunch, and head out. Have a lovely day everyone.

I was exhausted all day yesterday which I know is just a part of the recovery process. I had to force myself to stay up until 10:30pm to take my 800 mg. Motrin which is good for 8 hours. I finally got settled in bed when my mortal enemy, the neighborhood skunk, sprayed right outside my bedroom window. :headache: So I dragged myself out of bed, turned off the A/C, closed the slider to the porch off my bedroom, then turned on the fan. Fortunately once I could no longer smell the skunk, I zonked out and slept for 10 hours! I never do that, so obviously I needed the extra rest. Today is another day of pureed diet and resting, and tonite I get to rinse with salt water for the first time. Whoopie!!! I've not been able to brush my teeth or anything, so you can imagine my breath right now.:crazy2:

I was exhausted all day yesterday which I know is just a part of the recovery process. I had to force myself to stay up until 10:30pm to take my 800 mg. Motrin which is good for 8 hours. I finally got settled in bed when my mortal enemy, the neighborhood skunk, sprayed right outside my bedroom window. :headache: So I dragged myself out of bed, turned off the A/C, closed the slider to the porch off my bedroom, then turned on the fan. Fortunately once I could no longer smell the skunk, I zonked out and slept for 10 hours! I never do that, so obviously I needed the extra rest. Today is another day of pureed diet and resting, and tonite I get to rinse with salt water for the first time. Whoopie!!! I've not been able to brush my teeth or anything, so you can imagine my breath right now.:crazy2:

Sure... blame the skunk... peeeeeeyuuuuuuuu I can smell ya from here!!!

A537CCD8-DC4F-4907-B153-5D833C783E67.jpeg

I am inviting all of you for a virtual get together/potluck on my deck today!
Because it’s the Maryland shore, that means crab cakes. I will make them about the size of a silver dollar and serve them with tartar sauce on the side. You will never order a crab cake in Florida again! I have watermelon cut up and a corn salad made from corn from our local farm stand.
Feel free to bring a regional favorite from your area! (Sam, can you recommend an Australian white wine to go with the crab cakes?)

View attachment 511236

Because it’s the Maryland shore, that means crab cakes. I will make them about the size of a silver dollar and serve them with tartar sauce on the side. You will never order a crab cake in Florida again! I have watermelon cut up and a corn salad made from corn from our local farm stand.
Feel free to bring a regional favorite from your area! (Sam, can you recommend an Australian white wine to go with the crab cakes?)
Beautiful

Well my friends, it's over.

Glad to hear it went well and you were brave! Hope you heal quickly - enjoy that pureed food :)

15 year old made the decision to have her cat put down

Oh how sad - but wonderfully mature of your lovely daughter - gorgeous photo of her with him - he was a cutie.

Looks like I picked the perfect day to catch up :) What a wonderful view. I will bring a Victorian white Moscato from Brown Brothers - it is my favorite wine the last few years - it is a little sweet - I am not a fan of the sharp aftertaste of dry wines. I live in South Australia for a few years and we used to have wonderful tasting trips - the Barossa Valley is a well known Australian area for wine - although it really has expanded to be made in most states now. Those Crab Cakes sound delicious :) :)

Well this week has continued to be a little bit of a struggle - just when I thought I had adjusted to the generic meds and had really good few days getting into a twice daily walking groove combined with working - I decided Thursday afternoon to do a Costco trip it is about a 40 minute drive down the highway from me - on the return trip - I stated to notice some tightness in my neck/shoulders but not really bad - but then once I got home and got out of the car - I felt off balance and a bit dizzy :( It remained on Friday - I went to PT and she said she thinks it was the tension in my muscles again from the drive - that is furtherest (I think I am making that word up) I have driven this year since all my dizziness in Feb/March - I still have it a little today too. I am so disappointed - I thought I was doing really well in my recovery from that - but shows I still have a ways to go. It is so frustrating that something so simple can throw me back. So I have to be motivated to keep up with my strengthening exercises.

Today I have taken it easy and used heat pack a few times - I have made a meal plan and shopping list but think it will now be tomorrow before I will shop.

View attachment 511236

Beautiful view! And what fun, a virtual get together! I love crab cakes (And anything else made with Maryland crab)! This past year I had a crab cake on a ceasar salad and it was delicious! So much so that I find myself craving it! So I’ll bring a ceasar salad from our local Italian restaurant to share. Any other local stuff from the Philly area is generally not on my meal plan (cheesesteaks, Philly pretzels, Tastykakes, etc).

View attachment 511236

Beautiful view, and I love crab cakes!

Since I live near Boston, I’ll make my mom’s famous baked beans.

When I'm at our Maryland facility (Upper Marlborough not far from Annapolis) one night I'll eat at a place called Mike's which is on the drive from the hotel to the building and sits on a little inlet, so great decks right on the water... your deck picture reminds me of eating there. As for regional, well, we're also know for seafood so I guess I'll bring some petite Willapa Bay Oysters, fried by my favorite restaurant at Long Beach because I've never made them myself. I know fried isn't exactly fried-friendly but the are tiny and just a couple will do.

Wonderful day yesterday, I drove thru town and took a short beach walk at the fort, then spend 3+ hours on the back deck chatting with my Niece and playing with her chickens. On the way home I managed to miss the ferry by a couple minutes and "had" to wait for the next one... love the ferry dock on that side so it was kind of perfect timing. This morning I went down to our neighborhood beach to walk but was a bit late (8am), so there were already more people around than I would have preferred. If I do it again I'll be sure and get there earlier.

When I'm at our Maryland facility (Upper Marlborough not far from Annapolis) one night I'll eat at a place called Mike's which is on the drive from the hotel to the building and sits on a little inlet, so great decks right on the water... your deck picture reminds me of eating there. As for regional, well, we're also know for seafood so I guess I'll bring some petite Willapa Bay Oysters, fried by my favorite restaurant at Long Beach because I've never made them myself. I know fried isn't exactly fried-friendly but the are tiny and just a couple will do.

Wonderful day yesterday, I drove thru town and took a short beach walk at the fort, then spend 3+ hours on the back deck chatting with my Niece and playing with her chickens. On the way home I managed to miss the ferry by a couple minutes and "had" to wait for the next one... love the ferry dock on that side so it was kind of perfect timing. This morning I went down to our neighborhood beach to walk but was a bit late (8am), so there were already more people around than I would have preferred. If I do it again I'll be sure and get there earlier.
You must have access to fabulous seafood-do you eat those giant Alaskan King Crab legs? I love those!

I plan to sit on the deck with a good book and sit on the beach later in the afternoon-it’s hot! Cooked the last two days, so carry out for dinner.

We haven’t watched the news all weekend. Much better for my mental health!

Hope everyone has a relaxing day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter