July Trip

DVC92

DIS Veteran
Just returned from 9 nights at BLT. As usual, BLT is a great location with walking into MK as well the monorail around the MK resorts and now back to EPCOT. The new path from Grand Floridian is now open and is a really nice, well-lit path. One day, after getting off the Monorail at the TTC, we walked from there back to BLT. If the weather is nice and you enjoy walking, it is nice stretch.

As for the parks, MK was ridiculously crowded. Hard to believe it was at 80% capacity. The ride times were 60+ minutes for everything so we didn't do many which was no big deal. A few rides and attractions were closed. Even People Mover had a 60 minute wait. I always walked on it. We were able to get on a few later at night. Bring back my FP+. The only things to walk into were Country Bears, Tiki Birds, and Mickey's Philharmagic.

As for EPCOT, the construction has the front of the park in shambles. As for rides, Nemo, Figment, Soarin', and The Land were easy to get on.

At HS, I was lucky to have 3 FPs because of a previous problem which I was allowed to use. The new Runaway Railway ride is joltingly good and really different.

As for dining. the best meal was Cali Grill. I also liked COVID adjustments at the Crystal Palace w/o the buffet. The generous food courses and their presentation were excellent, and I appreciated the server didn't rush us through it. I was shocked that Cinderella's Royal Table eliminated a bread service. None was available, even on request. My wife loved the duck served with a tiny skewer of root vegetables, and my chicken was served with green beans and spinach. A crust of bread would have been appreciated. I needed a special baguette delivery from Chefs. Other good dinners were at La Hacienda and Kona.

As far as fast food dining changes, we ate lunch daily at the Contempo Cafe. I really like their hot turkey sandwich. You didn't need to mobile order, but food is no longer delivered to your table. You are given a pager which alerts you to pick up your food. The food is served in boxes which worked out fine. Also, you can no longer go into the refrigerated area and pick your selections. You can only view them from a distance, and they are served with food pickup. You still get your own self-serve beverages.

Last edited:
Great trip summary -- thanks for sharing. We're less a week now. Good to know the Grand path is all in good shape as we are staying at the GFV for one night (just because we love the Grand) and then six nights at the Poly Bungalows for optimal distancing. So we do plan to use that path a lot -- even to walk to the Contemp just to avoid as many transportation crowds as possible. Your park comments are helpful. We may very well spend almost no time in parks this trip. Safety is key for us as we have to test 72hrs before our return flight. So eliminating unnecessary crowd risk is important.

One thing I will say is that there was no social distancing in the lines while we were there. Also, the vast majority of people were not wearing masks except on transportation which required it. Being fully vaccinated, we did not wear masks except where required. The mask requirement for all indoors activities is back in effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter