July Trip Game Plan Advice

IanDLBZF from MCMagic

DIS Veteran
Ok guys, I'm going back for Fourth of July at Walt Disney World this year! So with that said I'm figuring out gameplans for July 3 and 4th, the former a three-parks in one day trip and the later being likely either a full MK day or a MK/Epcot hopping day, here's what I have in mind. July 2 will be Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon Resort Hopping, and July 5 may be a Magic Kingdom catch up day.

July 3 - Park Pass for Epcot (Three Parks in One Day)
Bus from WL to EP 7:00-7:30amish
Epcot - assuming 8:00am EE
  • Remy's Ratatouille Adventure (EE)
  • Soarin' (RD or G+ LL)
  • Living With The Land
  • Mission Space
  • Test Track (SR)
  • Gran Fiesta Tour
  • Frozen Ever After (G+ LL if possible)
  • Lunch - Via Napoli (1:30pm ADR)
Park Hop After Lunch - Bus from Epcot to AK
  • FOP (ILL)
  • DINOSAUR (G+ LL or stand-by if wait times permit)
  • Kali River Rapids (G+ LL or stand-by if wait times permit)
  • Expedition Everest (SR)
  • Quick Snack somewhere (TBD)
Park Hop around 6:30pm-6:45ish - Bus from AK to HWS
  • Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (G+ LL - 7:00pm time frame if possible)
  • Slinky Dog Dash (G+ LL possible, only if available/time permitting)
  • Dinner - Sci Fi Drive In (8:15pm ADR)
  • Fantasmic (if a second show is being run) or Wonderful World of Animation
Bus back to Wilderness Lodge

And for 7/4....

July 4 - Park Pass for Magic Kingdom (Option 1 - Full MK Day)
Boat from WL to MK - 7:00am or so?
Assuming an 8:30am EE
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - EE
  • Peter Pan's Flight - EE (IF TIME PERMITS ONLY)
  • Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh - EE (IF TIME PERMITS ONLY)
  • Big Thunder Mountain
  • Splash Mountain (G+ LL - aiming for a 9:45-10:45am return time)
  • Country Bear Jamboree
  • Lunch - Plaza Restaurant (11:40am ADR)
  • Jungle Cruise (G+ LL - if available)
  • Haunted Mansion (G+ LL if available by then)
  • Tomorrowland Transit Authority
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin (G+ LL or if wait times permits)
  • COP
  • Mickey's Philharmagic
  • Journey of The Little Mermaid (if wait times permits)
  • Adventure Friends Calvercade
  • Dinner - Diamond Horseshoe (7:40pm ADR)*
  • 9pm - Celebrate America Fireworks (from Main Street if at all possible!)
  • Space Mountain (G+ LL - 10:00pm time frame if possible)
*Might switch to Liberty Tree, Skipper Canteen or California Grill (IDK Yet)

Ok guys, I'm going back for Fourth of July at Walt Disney World this year! So with that said I'm figuring out gameplans for July 3 and 4th
When you say “I’m going back for Fourth of July”…

are you saying you’ve been there those dates in the past? It’s a bit of a different animal, same as many of the major holidays With the bonus of being extraordinarily humid & crowded.

we have a rental car, not sure I’d want to factor in the time on hopping between one, let alone 3 parks. YMMV. You will definitely have a leg up for MK staying at WL.

last i looked ADRs were few & far between at both MK & Epcot on the 3rd & 4th. two TS in one day in the heat is one too many for us.

People will be staking out FW spots very early at both parks. a 7:40 pm ADR strikes me as too late on the 4th.

Find out at the resort when the first boat will be running to MK on the 4th. we tend to encounter a line there for rope drops at times for ‘normal’ days. accordingly, we usually expect to grab the 2nd or 3rd one, which still gets us situated for EE To knock out a ride & line up for the next drop into Frontierland.

getting those 3 EE rides in is a bit of a holy grail situation on a less busy day for us. Not to say it’s not possible if everything does line up Just right.

I’ve learned to be realistic and ready to go with the flow on the 3rd & 4th. turning it into two days to just experience the vibe and celebrate vs actually scurrying to commando/knock off attractions works out well for us. That & praying for no evening showers To delay the FW!

As for G+ having open slots in the 2nd & 3rd parks, I suggest you read thru the various posts here as to people’s general success rates (or lack thereof).

Good luck planning your trip. It’s such a wonderful time to visit :)

It's ambitious, but it looks do-able to me.

Don't book first LL for Soarin. You won't need it. Instead grab Frozen LL at 7:00 just as fast as you can in order to get a morning time.

As soon as you touch the second tap point at Frozen, try to book LL for Slinky if available. Then two hours later, hope that Runaway Railway LL are still available.

I don't think you'll need LL for Dinosaur. Kali could be a long wait, however, so you might decide to sacrifice Slinky in order to get Kali LL.

MK plan looks solid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!