JULY 2020 DCOM Summer Exercise Challenge

PollyannaMom and DRussell88 have both reached Rocking Red! Congratulations! And Twilight Sparkle and TinkerBellLiz have both achieved Gotta Go For Green! Hooray!

Today, we'll cover a wildly popular DCOM series: Disney's Descendants!
The first movie follows 4 kids, Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay (the children of Maleficent, the Evil Queen, Cruella De Ville, and Jafar, respectively), as they journey into the world of the classic Disney heroes. Invited by Ben, the son of Belle and Beast, the 4 villain's kids enroll in Auradon prep school and struggle to fit in while they scheme and plot on their parents' behalf. It's a pretty cute movie and they went on to make 2 more movies in the series.
D2 introduces Uma, the daughter of Ursula, who makes it her goal to take Auradon for herself!
and D3 goes to show that even the children of heroes can become villains! It's a fitting end to the trilogy.

A new month is almost upon us. Any volunteers for hosting August's challenge?

Yay! sophy1996 and PollyannaMom both reached Gotta Go For Green!

We'll talk about one more movie to round out the month:
Upside Down Magic!
This movie actually premiered earlier today on Disney Channel. I don't have cable, so I didn't get to catch it, but it will be available on the Disney Now App starting tomorrow for those of us in the US. If you live in Australia or New Zealand, it will be available on Disney+ starting August 14th, according to my sources.

This is the summary from IMDB:
"In "Upside-Down Magic, a Disney Channel Original Movie, 13-year-old Nory Boxwood Horace discovers she can flux into animals, and her best friend Reina Carvajal can manipulate flames. Together, they enter the Sage Academy for Magical Studies. Reina's expert ability to harness the power of fire lands her at the top of her class of "Flares," but Nory's wonky magic and proclivity for turning into a "Dritten"-a half-kitten, half-dragon-lands her in a class for those with Upside-Down Magic, otherwise known as UDM. While Headmaster Knightslinger believes the UDM's unconventional powers leave them vulnerable to dangerous and evil "shadow magic," Nory and her fellow UDM classmates set out to prove that Upside-Down Magic beats right side up. "

I'll check back in a day or two for any final minutes! If you've got minutes, please pop them in! The team is only about 130 minutes away from another color change!

And we still need a host for August!

Did we get an August host? I'm going away for a week or I would do it. I was supposed to leave tomorrow but due to the hurricane we are going the following week.

OMG!! I have not been on for half the month. I have been still tracking my time. July just flew by. It has not been the best of months for me though. DD had some issues which derailed me. Then DH and I got super lazy around our birthdays. His was the 23rd and mine was the 29th. I know I did not reach my goal and I am super bummed. August will be better.

July 17th -- 66
18th -- 63
19th -- 67
20th -- 17
21st -- 73
22nd -- 35
23rd -- 0
24th -- 48
25th -- 23
26th -- 11
27th -- 51
28th -- 39
29th -- 39
30th -- 16
31st -- 33

Total -- 1467/1860

The past several days have gotten away from me. So sorry for the late entry.

315 final minutes - horses, walk-jog, walking

3270/2500

DD and I are also big Descendants fans. Love those movies. Would like to see Upside Down Magic one day.

Elizabeth Smith, thanks so much for a great month! Very kind of you to host August as well.

Sorry about the late update! With our final minutes, DRussell88 reached Gotta Go For Green, piglet1979 reached Pixel Perfect Pink, and the TEAM reached Rocking Red! Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter