July 2013 car rentals

No drop for me either...I keep checking throughout the day...

I have been going to Florida since 1996 and have never personally experienced the high prices for rentals than now. I am going to Fort Lauderdale vs. MCO but yikes! Luckily I booked a minivan for 10 days through Costco back in April for $541. I have been checking daily with no luck lowering it and it has more than doubled. Right now the rates are over $1100 :confused3. I've even bid on Priceline up to $30/day with no luck which would've only saved $90, going up with them isn't worth it yet. I guess I'm stuck (must have minivan since there's 6 of us.) :eek:

I'm just very surprised at these rates!

Booked our 9 day mid sized through Dollar on June 20th only using the city special. The cost was $241.00 total (not bad).

It didn't move for a week or so but has since steadily climbed to
$352.00 :crazy2:

Still hoping for a decrease in the final weeks before we go (7/17)
but I fear this is current price is not going to fall over $100.00.

Here's to hoping (raises cold bloody mary......mmmmm bloody mary)

I am usually an Alamo loving girl, but these July rates are a little too high for my taste (we get a car every July and I never have seen them this high...)

I just found an awesome rate with Payless.
Yes, they may not be the fanciest.
Yeah, you have to take a shuttle offsite.
BUT, I got a Midsize car from 7/12-7/17 for a total of $88.
I used a 15% code (DSVY5G) and got a little extra off through their Perks.

So, unless I can get Alamo down to the $100 range (which I think it was near $300 for me :headache:), I'll be going with the Payless rate!

DATES: 7/17 (9am) to 7/27 (6am)
Company: Alamo
Vehicle: Full-size
Coupon Codes: 7014627(Costco) AD2492ACX ($30 off)
Price: $331.79

Hoping to find prices in the $200 range very soon!!!

I just got $254 for a full size July 3-14 using these codes! Thanks for posting :)

July car rentals are ridiculous! I hate July!:furious: I have to rent a vehicle that can fit 6 of us and the prices are downright obnoxious! O.K. rant over, had to get that out of my system.:worried:

July car rentals are ridiculous! I hate July!:furious: I have to rent a vehicle that can fit 6 of us and the prices are downright obnoxious! O.K. rant over, had to get that out of my system.:worried:

I'm right there with you. Budget is sold out at my airport and the others are all over $900 for my 13 days. I figure I'm not going to get any better than the $650 I've got right now though I'm certainly still watching. Paying for parking for half my trip is adding insult to injury though.

I am still hopeful we will see a huge price drop after the 4th of July weekend. Geez....I guess I am ridiculously optimistic!!! :rotfl2:

Still no drop in my rental for a number of days now. July 23-28 using car and driver code and free weekend day using national. I'm holding at $209.
Last August I scored a mid size at Alamo for $120/wk. That ain't happening this year.

Just booked:

Car: Intermediate SUV
Dates: July 24-31
Company: Enterprise
Price: $250 total

Has anyone rented through Enterprise? This is our first time... they definitely have the best deal right now on SUVs. I will be driving around Tampa/Orlando for the first time (my husband usually drives - but he's recovering from foot surgery) so I really wanted a bigger vehicle.

Let me know your experiences with Enterprise...

Thanks!
Kathy

These prices are terrible. I am still holding at $331 for a full-size with Alamo from 7/17 to 7/27...this is ridiculous!!! :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter