• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

J's Wish Trip Dream Factory/GKTW October 1st-7th 2010

I love your cat drawing! It looks like a beautiful place.I'm sorry his Crohn's kicked in while you were at the beach. :hug:

Thanks :lmao: we always get some odd looks while doing that but who cares ! we have so much fun while we do hehehe we want to try a bigger one this fall when beach is a bit empty I should call guiness and say we want to do the largest cat drawing :rotfl::lmao:

Another update :yay:
My sons wish granter was here today for a visit ! wowwie was she ever so sweet!! she picked lunch up for all of us. It was J's favorite of course... Pizza :cool1:So we talked over lunch. I was shocked when she came in and gave the kids each gifts. I didn't even think to take a picture or I would have! We are borrowing my DH's mum's camera atm so I am not used to haveing one in reach. ah well maybe next time:) She even picked up the Birnbaums Guides to Walt Disney World 2010 sooooooo exciting because it's been recomended several times :woohoo: Don't know who was more excited about that my DD my DS or myself... Think that one might be a 3 way tie :rotfl2:

Did find out for the day we are due to head home from GKTW/Disney, that she can request a late flight home !! :yay::yay: So, that means we can count the day we leave as a day to use and maybe even do the xmas party. If we do it will be a bonus but we will not count on it.

I also need to share this;
she is going above and beyond on something else and I will forever be greatful , I am going to guess this is what you refer to as pixie dust and it's not even wish trip related. Long story short about a year ago we lost everything in our house. My kiddos were literally left with nothing and little by little we have been trying to replace what we can. My daughter has been without a bed for almost a year, end of next month will be a full year. A neighbor has given us a bed frame for her, it's old and antique but so gorgeous. However, we still had no matress. she has been the best kiddo, not a single complaint. Today my sons wish granter said she can help us with that for her. Now I could have about fell over. I did not cry while she was here but after she left and while I was alone I definatly had a good cry, mixed emotion cry, Happy that DD will have a bed finally, releived that she will have something she needs, embaressed that I have not been able to supply her one as of yet etc etc etc... Normally I would not speak of this to anyone but I had to share what I beleive may just be a pixie dust moment. I am awe struck at the generosity and so thankful on so many levels. Now to figure out a way to thank her for all she has been doing and what she will do because I have never met someone like her to be honest. I pray in the future I can pay this forward somehow someway.

Thanks for answering :) J's decided that on all rides we will get off and if he really wants to go again just get back in line :cutie: small things like that still always makes me so proud

Again Maroo Thank you for everything you do for all of us here you have been a godsend as far as planning and answering questions !!:cheer2:
Have enjoyed all your trip reports :grouphug:

You are so very welcome. I promise I get a lot more out of hanging out here than anyone I am trying to help. :hug:

My sons wish granter was here today for a visit ! wowwie was she ever so sweet!! she picked lunch up for all of us. It was J's favorite of course... Pizza :cool1:So we talked over lunch. I was shocked when she came in and gave the kids each gifts. I didn't even think to take a picture or I would have! We are borrowing my DH's mum's camera atm so I am not used to haveing one in reach. ah well maybe next time:) She even picked up the Birnbaums Guides to Walt Disney World 2010 sooooooo exciting because it's been recomended several times :woohoo: Don't know who was more excited about that my DD my DS or myself... Think that one might be a 3 way tie :rotfl2:

Did find out for the day we are due to head home from GKTW/Disney, that she can request a late flight home !! :yay::yay: So, that means we can count the day we leave as a day to use and maybe even do the xmas party. If we do it will be a bonus but we will not count on it.

she is going above and beyond on something else and I will forever be greatful , I am going to guess this is what you refer to as pixie dust and it's not even wish trip related. Long story short about a year ago we lost everything in our house. My kiddos were literally left with nothing and little by little we have been trying to replace what we can. My daughter has been without a bed for almost a year, end of next month will be a full year. A neighbor has given us a bed frame for her, it's old and antique but so gorgeous. However, we still had no matress. she has been the best kiddo, not a single complaint. Today my sons wish granter said she can help us with that for her. Now I could have about fell over. I did not cry while she was here but after she left and while I was alone I definatly had a good cry, mixed emotion cry, Happy that DD will have a bed finally, releived that she will have something she needs, embaressed that I have not been able to supply her one as of yet etc etc etc... Normally I would not speak of this to anyone but I had to share what I beleive may just be a pixie dust moment. I am awe struck at the generosity and so thankful on so many levels. Now to figure out a way to thank her for all she has been doing and what she will do because I have never met someone like her to be honest. I pray in the future I can pay this forward somehow someway.

Gosh - you have me crying!

Bless your heart.

Our church has been trying to help some families from a tornado here and they are all missing the basics - what a hard place to be in. :hug::hug::hug:

I am so glad that they are helping you guys! :grouphug:

My heart goes out to you. :grouphug: This is such a hard position to be in. I'm so happy to hear the wish foundation is going to help. That's so amazing!

Its great to hear they're going to book the last flight out on your last day. That will really give you an extra day. :cool1: You mentioned doing the Christmas party. Maybe I misunderstood but it seemed like you may book it for the last day... I wouldn't do that because you're still going to need to leave a bit earlier to get to the airport and checked in. It would give you an extra day though if you did the Christmas party earlier in the week and then had an extra day for MK or another park that you could use on your last day until you need to leave for the airport.

You mentioned doing the Christmas party. Maybe I misunderstood but it seemed like you may book it for the last day... I wouldn't do that because you're still going to need to leave a bit earlier to get to the airport and checked in. It would give you an extra day though if you did the Christmas party earlier in the week and then had an extra day for MK or another park that you could use on your last day until you need to leave for the airport.

The christmas party I was referring to was the one held at GKTW as far as I know it's only held on thursdays? Kiddos said that If it works out that we do get late flight out we will do seaworld that day, they do not want to miss any of disney days or universal. :) we are trying to figure out if we should do disney 3 days in a row then universal 2 days in a row or mix it up day of disney then day of universal day of disney day of universal then day of disney ... decisions decisions
How do most do it?

Hi everyone,

Newbie here. Going through all the PTR. So glad J got his wish to go to Disney World. Can't wait to hear more about your PTRs.

Yeah for dates! I understand about a chronic illness and no clear solutions as my son was granted his Dream through the Dream Factory last November. The Wish flight sounds amazing! I will actually be at WDW during part of your stay. Two of my friends and I are taking a mom's only trip from 9/25-10/3. My husband took a week off of work to stay home with the kids! I can't wait to hear how you plan for your trip! :wizard:

That's great news!!! I can feel your pain on the not being able to provide what the kiddos need. When my DD first moved in with me, step daughter for those who don't already know :goodvibes, she had nothing. Her and her daddy came from NC out of a bad situation at his mother's house. They just left one day and came to live with me. Yes- we were already dating, but that's a whole nother story! :lmao: Anyway, she had nothing and he had no job and only I was working. We were broke! When she went to her mother's house, we thought we were going to loose her- bad custody battle- she had no bed, hardly any clothes, no toys (she was only 4) and no dresser or anything. Needless to say, we got mostly full custody and her surprise when she got home was a mostly furnished bedroom!
My mother found her a bed through a friend of hers at work and had to buy it for her for us- we didn't have the money. It has drawers built in thank goodness and came with the mattress. The lady who sold it to us even threw in some sheets and stuff for her. I also found an old wooden bookcase and painted that up for her and gave her an old cork board of mine from when I was a kid and we bought her a cheap doll. That was all she had. She loved it! :goodvibes

She still has that bed and bookcase.... the doll sadly bit the dust! :rotfl2:

Either way- I know the feeling! We may not be rich in money, but we have the best kids in the world and are rich in spirit and love that no one can take away! :hug:

(Wow- that was sickly soppy..... :lmao: Sigh... I am so Anne of Green Gables some days! :lmao:)

Either way- I know the feeling! We may not be rich in money, but we have the best kids in the world and are rich in spirit and love that no one can take away! :hug:

(Wow- that was sickly soppy..... :lmao: Sigh... I am so Anne of Green Gables some days! :lmao:)

what a wonderful heart you have, and how lucky your dd is to have you as her mom :hug: It's so true, we do have the best kids in the world and it will always amaze me how kids are so easily pleased. and soppy is not bad at all LOL We all have those moments :goodvibes

Yeah for dates! I understand about a chronic illness and no clear solutions as my son was granted his Dream through the Dream Factory last November. The Wish flight sounds amazing! I will actually be at WDW during part of your stay. Two of my friends and I are taking a mom's only trip from 9/25-10/3. My husband took a week off of work to stay home with the kids! I can't wait to hear how you plan for your trip! :wizard:

WOW a moms only trip !how exciting and cool is that. Your hubby stays behind to tend the kiddos?? Great man you have there:cheer2: as far as i know we will be in MK on 10/2 and epcot on 10/3 but i have to double check that , suger ray is suppose to be singing on one of those days during food and wne festival and my DD and I want to go see:yay: Lots of fun memories to his music:dance3:

The dates may be completely different for you guys...

But our dates were with the Wish Flight and we actually left on a Friday and went home on Thursday - which meant we never did the Christmas Party.

They did have a very special party for the Wish Flight, though - that was pretty awesome! (Which we missed, too, because Lauren was actually sick - but heard a lot about it! :goodvibes)

I guess all that to say that it is possible your dates won't include a Thursday night (which is usually Christmas), but they will more than make up for it with Wish Flight activities and partying! :)

That is so right Maroo, we will be flying out on a friday and coming back on a thursday, however we will technically be leaving on thursday and coming back the following friday because of the distance to the airport :) thurs night we will be staying in Boston, flying out Friday - then the following thursday we will head out from orlando back to boston spend the night in boston then come back to maine that following morning so in a sense its 4 travel days with 5 to play !!!!! YAY:yay: We still have no idea what to expect on the trip itself but thats ok surprises can be good and maybe there will be enough diversion to keep DH and I from getting scared of plane LOL

Oh and another silly Update !! The Maps from Disney came in and they look sooo cool !!!:cool1: After the trip we are going to buy a poster frames and since there are enough maps to do this; we plan to put a map in center of frame, 1 for each kiddo , and 1 for mum around the map we will scrapbook style pics of the trip to make it almost like an artpeice with pics / memories.
Will give us a great project to do together after the trip :flower3:

I am really excited about your trip and was happy to hear that your wish granter saw your need of a mattress and is getting that for you. I hope that everything will be all Pixie Dust for you or more so a blessing. Take care and I look forward to reading more.

I am really excited about your trip and was happy to hear that your wish granter saw your need of a mattress and is getting that for you. I hope that everything will be all Pixie Dust for you or more so a blessing. Take care and I look forward to reading more.

Thanks :) :hug: so far I would say it has been all pixie dust, still dont know what to exactly expect but the adventure in planning alone has been amazing, can only begin to imagine what the trip itself will be like

What is the Wish Flight? :confused3 Is it a special plane for wish families?

To be honest I am still confused on all this myself, I know my sons wish granter was VERY Excited said its an amazing opportunity and is like a party other than that there is not much I can say about it , We are in the dark and think thats how they want to keep it atm, I did see a video looks quite exciting online about it from the gktw site, so for now I guess info on that will have to be in my TR, sorry I couldn't answer:confused3

So as far as planning goes we do have one partic day scheduled LOL Sugar Ray will be in Epcot on October 6th for the international food and wine event, since the concerts are included in regular admission we really want to see that :) If even for one song lol he is an artist kiddos and I would dance around to while cleaning house together :rotfl: lol so 3 days are planned !

October 1 - Arrival day - chill at gktw once we get there to recover from traveling

October 2 -

October 3 -

October 4 -

October 5 -

October 6 - Epcot

October 7 - Sea World if time permitted - travel home that evening

well it's a start LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter