Josh from easyWDW has passed away

Dan Murphy

We are family.
I was just searching for something here on the disboards and came across this news on a couple scattered forums here. I was stunned. I went to Josh's site to confirm this sad news. Indeed, Josh had passed away a few weeks ago. So very sad. So young.

Josh was truly a special guy, a gifted spirit with the gift of sharing with others. He stood out among many who try to do similar. Josh brought smiles to many of us who perused his daily blogs, filled with information, peppered with humorous, carefully crafted sarcasm and sometimes brutal, but gentle as the same time, honesty. He helped so many people plan their trips to Disney, which, as we all know, can be daunting at times. His photography was wonderful. His ever so knowledgeable, complete and detailed reviews, plans and suggestions of parks, attractions, rides, restaurants, food, resorts, transportation were legendary. He never took himself seriously, though I always read him as a serious, thoughtful guy.

I know he helped a good number of my past trips go so much more smoothly with his always spot-on advice and suggestions. With my not going on Disney trips recently, I sadly did drift away from his boards and blog, missing this very sad news as a result. Doing a quick search here on the community board, I did not find a previous mention of Josh's passing here. And I know members here would want to know.

Here are a few links (hope they work properly as the 'preview function is broken here).

easyWDW Discussion forum

Announcement from Josh's sister-in-law

Josh's obituary

A great, honest, fun read from Len's Touring Plans site and blogger, Derek Burgan (@derekburgan is a dis member, as is @lentesta and also as was Josh)

You were a special, ever so very talented person, Josh. You will be missed, by many, myself included. Thank you.

1648667169866.png

This is so sad to read. It's been a while since I hopped over to easywdw, but I always loved reading his blogs. RIP Josh.

Very sad, he was so young. 😣 Thanks for letting us know, Dan!

RIP, Josh, and thanks for all you did for the Disney community!

I heard the news a couple weeks ago. Very sad. I was active on the forums for awhile but hadn't been in the last few years.
It's so sad.

I read this a couple of days ago but didn't post anything. DISers are so on top of such, I assumed someone had already posted it. RIP, Josh.

This made me gasp. I adore Josh, And have sorely missed his witty blogs over the last few years.

Awful news. His brand of humor was so dry, which I love. And with many super funny people, you could also tell he likely had an off the chart intelligence.
Has it been long enough that I could ask if anyone knows the cause?
I know he had some depression/anxiety he had been dealing with and a non-specific reference to a medical condition since I followed him on Twitter. But I never could find out how it happened.

I was so sad to see this update on the easywdw site. My family ran into Josh at Epcot one year. He was a funny guy and so smart. It is sad to see the loss of someone so young.

When my kids were young, I used Tour Guide Mike. He plans made my trips wonderful. Now my niece needs his help... I was just looking for what happened to his site... thru the rabbit trail someone mentioned he was Josh at easyWDW. Is that true?

Then I found where Josh has just passed in March and saw your post here. So sad. Soooo heartbreaking. My sympathy to his family and friends. Nothing like someone helping you thru the Disney maze. Hope his family can smile at the thoughts of so many people having amazing vacations because of him. My heart hurts for them because of his young age.💔

Does anyone know if he really also was Tour Guide Mike?💔💔

Does anyone know if he really also was Tour Guide Mike
No, dd, Mike and Josh were two very different, distinct people. They were similar in their love of Disney and trying to help others. Mike did charge a fee. I thought it was nominal enough. Josh shared his knowledge to all at no charge.

No, dd, Mike and Josh were two very different, distinct people. They were similar in their love of Disney and trying to help others. Mike did charge a fee. I thought it was nominal enough. Josh shared his knowledge to all at no charge.
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you know what happened to Mike?

When my kids were young, I used Tour Guide Mike. He plans made my trips wonderful. Now my niece needs his help... I was just looking for what happened to his site... thru the rabbit trail someone mentioned he was Josh at easyWDW. Is that true?

Then I found where Josh has just passed in March and saw your post here. So sad. Soooo heartbreaking. My sympathy to his family and friends. Nothing like someone helping you thru the Disney maze. Hope his family can smile at the thoughts of so many people having amazing vacations because of him. My heart hurts for them because of his young age.💔

Does anyone know if he really also was Tour Guide Mike?💔💔
I second what Dan said about Mike (Hewell). We were connected through FB but I deactivated my account so I have no current update. However, last I heard, he was doing well and running Michael's VIPS at https://michaelsvips.com/.

Here it is August and I just found out. What a huge hit for family and friends and the Disney community. RIP buddy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter