Jon and Kate Plus 8. Official Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really kills me is she gets all this free stuff (evan all the kids clothes) Why not give to a charity,heck shes making money off the free clothes by doing consignments. That just greedy to me.

This is from Kate's website:

On Saturday, September 20th we had a yard sale to benefit The Pediatric Cancer Foundation. We raised $1106.61 of which 100% will be donated to PCF, our favorite charity. If you would like to learn more please click on the following link www.pcfweb.org.

What really kills me is she gets all this free stuff (evan all the kids clothes) Why not give to a charity,heck shes making money off the free clothes by doing consignments. That just greedy to me.

Obviously you're not obsessed with JK8 like the rest of the thread :-)lmao:).

They have been (documented) donating to charity from their checkbook, through their site and via a yard sale. I say documented because we don't know if they do so in other ways. That's just what the general public has seen.

Doesn't Jon get free stuff? Don't the kids get free stuff? It's not just Evil Kate getting the perks here.

And you do their taxes so you know what they do or do not donate? :confused3

I don't know why the free stuff bothers people...omg who isn't happy when they get a freaking discount code for a Disney trip. I sure as heck would take free things willingly if I was offered them!!

Not me...free stuff sucks (said the girl taking her family to Disney with a 40% code in December :woohoo:). ;)

Anyone remember the poster who said she'd turn down the house of her dreams if offered for free? :rotfl:

as for bedroom arrangements-i don't see any real difference regarding the division of the sexes- except that the gosselins choose to have one female child (of the sextuplets) sleep alone in the basement. the duggars currently have the youngest of their children sleeping in their room (the youngest is always mom's 'buddy') while the others sleep similarly divided by gender

There's a difference between 3-year-olds sharing a room, and 20-year-olds sharing a room with 10 other kids down to the age of 3. I find it very strange that they have such a big house, yet there are 10-kids to a room (again, a 20-year-old rooming with 8 little kids doesn't at all seem fair, plus it's weird in itself that the rooms are called "dorms") while mom and dad lock themselves up in their own room to make more babies. They're a very weird group :confused3

On Saturday, September 20th we had a yard sale to benefit The Pediatric Cancer Foundation. We raised $1106.61 of which 100% will be donated to PCF, our favorite charity. If you would like to learn more please click on the following link www.pcfweb.org.

This just started , I do remember her saying that all the clothes go to consignmet shops. Hey, at first I was all for them getting free things, but when I saw the hair plug epiosde That did it for me.

And you do their taxes so you know what they do or do not donate? :confused3

I don't know why the free stuff bothers people...omg who isn't happy when they get a freaking discount code for a Disney trip. I sure as heck would take free things willingly if I was offered them!!

I got a discount code! Saved over $700. Yay me!

Back on topic...Jon and Kate, shame on them for not donating free stuff! Pay it forward people.

There's a difference between 3-year-olds sharing a room, and 20-year-olds sharing a room with 10 other kids down to the age of 3. I find it very strange that they have such a big house, yet there are 10-kids to a room (again, a 20-year-old rooming with 8 little kids doesn't at all seem fair, plus it's weird in itself that the rooms are called "dorms") while mom and dad lock themselves up in their own room to make more babies. They're a very weird group :confused3

On the special when they were building the house, it was said that the Duggar kids requested to have only the 2 rooms to share. They aren't being forced into the "dorms." It was their choice. And ya know what? They seem to be a pretty happy family, so that's enough for me. :)

They are given free stuff because they are walking billboards. The kids wear "cute clothes" on the show. Parents see said "cute clothes" and want to get them for their child. I am sure that they donations reap rewards far beyond what the same advertising dollars could for a 30 sec commercial.

On the special when they were building the house, it was said that the Duggar kids requested to have only the 2 rooms to share. They aren't being forced into the "dorms." It was their choice. And ya know what? They seem to be a pretty happy family, so that's enough for me. :)

I agree , I told my sister the other day that who's kids are going to write a book about " growing up on tv" I bet it will be the goslin kids.

I find it all very strange, they're like a little cult. And I didn't like how the kids were off on their own during the show - like when one of them got lost in the airport and no one seemed to care. But to each their own. :confused3

What do you think of the Gosselins?

Did they say if that will become an episode?

What do you think of the Gosselins?

I've been reading this thread but I guess I haven't posted until now huh? :) I like the show, I DVR it every week! The kids are adorable and Kate...she's interesting. But honestly, I don't think she's a horrible shrew who hates her husband and isn't a good mother. I also don't think she or Jon are saints. I think they are smart to capitalize on the "fame" while they have it. I just hope they are putting tons of money away for the kids and ya know what? I would bet they are.

Is it a normal situation for the kids? Nope, not a chance. But the little ones don't know any different. I think Cara and Mady have a lot on their little plates and while they can be brats (as are all kids at one time or another, mine included) I think they are great kids. The Gosselin kids seem to be well behaved and happy as well. Would I do the show thing if it were my family? Doubt it. We'd be hated, horrible parents I'm sure, even though I know we aren't. :)

I get that it could be seen as a joke to renew after 10 years but many couples don't even make it that long. It is an accomplishment in my book.

As for the dress/show. Give me a break. I am sure it was all TLC's idea for her to go on that show. I have never watched the dress so I am not sure how it works but I am sure there are many "DIVA'S" who would do the same thing. Oh I can't pick just this one, I like this or that on those others too. And in turn get the dress of their dreams by the designer creating one.

If I had to bet my money on the scenerio that played out, I would say the producers of J&K pitched to another TLC show (Say Yes to the Dress) to have Kate on the show.

How does it work? Women schedule an appointment at Kleinfeld's and they have a one on one consultant to help them find the "perfect" dress for their wedding day. There have been numerous brides that have had a top from one dress and a bottom from another dress put together. One of their designers is on the show frequently and she always tells the brides that they can do anything to make their dream dress. They have a full staff of seamstresses on their lower level and they can please even the most pushy, demanding brides.

Well I just got my People magazine this week in the mail and there is a big article about Jon and Kate. The last paragraph says:

At night, though, with the cameras gone and the kids tucked in bed, Kate and Jon rock in a swing on their back porch and imagine the future...and talk about their kids-including one who may still be on the way. Their dream is to adopt a baby from Korea, where jon traces much of his ancestory. "I can't wait," says Jon. "We want another little girl." Adds Kate, "I've figured out her middle name."

Well I just got my People magazine this week in the mail and there is a big article about Jon and Kate. The last paragraph says:

At night, though, with the cameras gone and the kids tucked in bed, Kate and Jon rock in a swing on their back porch and imagine the future...and talk about their kids-including one who may still be on the way. Their dream is to adopt a baby from Korea, where jon traces much of his ancestory. "I can't wait," says Jon. "We want another little girl." Adds Kate, "I've figured out her middle name."

WHAT?!:scared1:

You didn't expect them to adopt a yucky boy did you? ;) They tried to adopt from Korea before the sextuplets (I think I have the time right), but were turned down for being too young, and already having two kids.

Does anyone have the link to the people mag. article??!!!!!!!!!

You didn't expect them to adopt a yucky boy did you? ;) They tried to adopt from Korea before the sextuplets (I think I have the time right), but were turned down for being too young, and already having two kids.

I thought they decided against the adoption for some reason, not that they were turned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter