Johanna and Dustin's SBP adventure! 6/23/08 No more swag at SBP

You're the best Twin ever!!!!!!!!!!! :hug: I guess I just got nervous. I had finals today and my kids were stressing me out... I guess I just got caught up and started overly worrying.

I was going to do Christmas mickey ornaments too! I just can't find them anywhere. I think my guests would appreciate something they can use! I'm still unsure of Welcome bags... maybe if i find the right set-up I will do them.

I go for my second weigh in tomorrow... so we can see how kick *** I'm really doing... :confused3 I'll update my weightloss ticker for you to see, but I'll probably end up posting tomorrow anyway.

No, I won't delete my PJ, but I'm going to be careful with what I say... thanks for the pep talk! :cheer2:

Well not much planning is involved, but I sure do have fun looking for ideas to make my wedding unique. :idea:

I guess some not so great news is the fact that by the time I decided to book Randy, he had been snatched up and couldn't photograph my wedding. :sad1: I'm bummed, but know it's my own fault. I am booking him for a honeymoon session, so at least I get to work with him. Randy was the most reasonable and does such great work!

I e-mailed WP yesterday about a few questions I had concerning the ceremony. Silly questions like about flowers and cahir covers. She was very nice and informative and told me all I wanted to know. Plus she told me Rosie from foral would be calling me soon and sure enough I recieved an e-mail within an hour asking me when a good time for Rosie to call was... so I told her today (friday) at 2 (my kids are taking their nap :laughing: ) So I'm excited to hear about all the floral that can be done and what I can't have because it's too much money. I'm really just looking to have a few questions answered... bouquet options and colors, chair covers and sashes for Sea Breeze Point, and what extras can I have around SBP to make it look more wedding like... I'll update everyone on what happened during our convo and what I decided.

I also sent out my first newsletter with a Disney brochure from AAA. They took 3 stamps to send out and I'm glad I did it. They looked so cute... with heart stamps and Mickey stickers on the back as a seal. I was very happy with how they turned out. A bit homemade, but I think that was the point. The newsletters were only a page, but they had information on the Welcome party, rooms, ticket discounts, and activities. I'll probably send one more out after invites go out that includes the full schedule from the Welcome party, ceremony and reception, and finally the Goodbye brunch DF and I are hosting the morning after...

Speaking of which... I discovered from a post that Lurkylook posted (thanks! :worship: ) that the yacht Club has breakfast buffets and I was excited, but what's even more was that one was called "Monhegan Island Breakfast). Now, I have a house in Maine where my family spends a large part of the summer and right off the coast from our house is Monhegan Island an absolute favorite of mine. So what, you say... but I wanted to get married in Maine until I realized that Disney was more for me. I have a deep-felt true love :love: for this state and my house and this is my way to incorporate Maine into my wedding! Plus, two sets of guests are from Maine and they're coming all the way for me, so it's fate! Anyway, DF and I are hosting it and we've decided to have it outside and set up the table where the buffet is with pics of the Island and also have a couple small round tables that are named after the parts of the Island. We're going to probably also add a yogurt station to make your own parfaits, plus add bagels... so it'll be more than the original buffet quote, but we're keeping the name, "Monhegan Island".

Wow, I hope that wasn't boring for you guys! Just very excited that this is all falling together!

Still to do... invitations, bridesmaid dress and accessories, my childrens clothes, DF and best man clothes (though I found out where I'm getting the suit at least! :woohoo: ), hair trial for ideas with my own hairdresser, and more reception ideas!

I'll add pics in a few minutes... when I figure it out again! :confused:

Till next time... :surfweb:

Here are two pis from Monhegan, so you kinda get the idea of how gorgeous it is!
PH2005090801292.jpg
This is the harbor
monhegan_4.jpg
This is looking down on the town from a hill.

Here are some pics of the chairs I want at Sea Breeze Point, but with pink sashes...
SeaBreeze1.jpg

And the two hairstyles I'm debating...
curlydown-1.jpg

braidsflowing.jpg

If anyone could send me pics of their cakes that would be so awesome! I'm trying to get some ideas, because I do not want the Escape wedding cake... it's decided! :rotfl: I refuse! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, but I don't have a lot of guests so I need ideas for smaller cakes... Thanks!

I'm sitting here watching a disney wedding on the travel channel and being soooo jealous! lol, jk, but it was beautiful. She looked so happy and she had a mad hatter tea party for the women that came to the wedding and I wanted to do that so bad, but it's expensive!

Anyway, another quick update! Rosie from floral called me today and we spoke for about an hour and a half... It was so fun! I guess she does everything from floral to photography as well as favors! So, I got the rundown on it all with pictures! So excited! :yay: Rosie is amazing for you who have not had the pleasure of dealing with her yet! She answered all my questions and said she could do all I wanted, plus convinced me to include my kids in the ceremony with a sand ceremony for all of us! It's only $40 bucks in all, so she didn't convince me of much more than my budget! :rotfl: And don't worry she's not a heckler, she really just tells you about everything, so you know!

The only dissapointment I had was that the parade taping schedule is taking up all mornings from November 30th to December 8th, so no Magic Kingdom shoot for me, but that's okay because they got my money anyway! :lmao: We're doing a family shoot at the Magic kingdom with our kids and then a honeymoon session with just the two of us... or might so a honeymoon session with Randy at the resorts. I don't know yet!

I was excited because the slipcovers and sashes I wanted on the chairs at SBP can be done in Ivory and pink for only $8.50 a chair! Woo Hoo! I thought it was going to be soooo much more!

She also gave me a quote on mickey mouse rice krispie treats for my reception! Totally reasonable. Also a qoute on an extra hour of photography and it's reasonable too! What?! :confused: I thought I'd be spending sooo much more! So, I'm super excited! She also said her floral team can in fact go to Shula's at the Dolphin, which is where my reception will be and set up. I thought Disney wouldn't do that because it's not one of their hotels! But Rosie said they can do it! YAY....

For all you Disney Brides that read this and stay up late the Disney show on travel will be on again at 1am tonight. It has everything from the wedding to a quincenera to princess and pirate party, to bibbity bobbity boop stuff for little girls! It's super cute!

Also, girls for any of you who upgraded their Escape cake could you give me ideas or send a pic? I'm desperate for ideas! I'm thinking colored buttercream icing with our initials??? What do you think?

Hi Decemberbride,
I had an Escape Wedding in December with an upgraded cake. My cake had the white chocolate castle topper for $100 and white chocolate snowflakes for $50. I don't know how to post pictures but I have pictures of my wedding in the wedding photo links sticky at the top of the page. Hope this helps!

Hi Decemberbride,
I had an Escape Wedding in December with an upgraded cake. My cake had the white chocolate castle topper for $100 and white chocolate snowflakes for $50. I don't know how to post pictures but I have pictures of my wedding in the wedding photo links sticky at the top of the page. Hope this helps!

I saw it... now that's what I'm talking about! Something unique and something you chose! Thanks, I appreciate it! ;)

I haven't posted in awhile and have a few updates...

I was supposed to go to Davids to pick up my dress on Tuesday, but my dad had a hospital visit for his Melanoma and i forgot it was me who was taking him... oops! Love ya, Dad! :cutie:

So, I rescheduled for this Tuesday. I'm hoping I have a better experience than Dawrobin and a few other girls on here. I had a fabulous experience the first time. I felt like I was all alone and my salesperson was helpful and knew exactly what to do. I know Dawrobin had that too (am I correct, twin), but then had a baaad second time. :scared1: Here's to hoping...

I also booked my farewell breakfast the day following the wedding. I'm having it at the Gazebo above Stormalong bay by the yacht and Beach Club where most of the guests will be anyway. It does not have a minimum or site fee, so all I have to pay is the per person breakfast, which is $24.00 and the service fees and taxes. I'm very excited because it comes with chairs and tables already there. My WP told me about it and I thought it was great from the pics she sent.
StormalongBay.jpg

I'm having pastries, bagles and cream cheese, make your own yogurt parfaits, fruit, juice, coffee, and mimosas. Just light, basic breakfast food... It should be a nice farewell, because I have a lot of people leaving that day.

In addition to that, we're doing a "Welcome Dinner" for whoever wants to join us... not required... at O'hana's the night before the wedding. I've heard awesmoe things about it and have never been. June 3rd is when I can call for group dining, so I'm anxiously awaiting.

I've decided to do a sand ceremony for the wedding, and I may or may not include our kids. i can just see my two year old running away and dumping the sand in the grass or something... :lmao: In addition to that my ceremony music is almost completed. I'm having a reading during the ceremony by my brother from Corinthians and that's about as religious as I'm getting. I hope no one took offense to that, but I just wanted something sweet and fun, but short. I'm dreading the vows and rings, because I'm not a real sappy person and find myself turning away at that part of weddings... :laughing: Oh well, it has to be done. ;)

I've chosen a ring of flowers for the sand ceremony and the flower "ball" that hangs above us at Sea Breeze Point for our decorations. Also, chair covers and sashes.
SeaBreeze1.jpg

Here is the flower ring... but with my rose colors. ivory pink and medium and maybe hot pink... don't know about a third color yet...
flowerring.jpg

Here is the flower ball I want, again with my colors...
flowerball.jpg

And here is a picture of the flower swags... I don't know about this because it might be a bit too much for SPB for my taste... we'll see. what do you think?
002912-0027SBPswagwithfloral3.jpg

For the dinner reception at Shula's my mom is doing the centerpieces. They will be pink roses with their stems cut very short in glass bowls with pebbles and they will be almost squished together because of the way I want them to look... I'll try and find a pic because what I just described sounds gross... :laughing:

I think that is it for now and now I'm off to find a pic of the yucky squished roses...

I think thats all I'll have

I really like the way the swag and the flowers look at sea breeze point. But, I can see with the flower ball it might be too much.

Twinnie!! I like the pics. I think it will look beautiful without the swags. It is such a nice location.

I looove the chair covers. I really want to do that but I am trying to not spend any more money. :cutie:

I am sure your experience will be fine at Davids. My consultant quit and I curse her every day!! lol Not really.

I really like your idea of the good bye breakfast at Stormalong. I am so excited to hear about it.

Keep the updates coming so I can find an excuse to not work :surfweb: and be more like:woohoo:

Til next time lady!

Twinnie!! I like the pics. I think it will look beautiful without the swags. It is such a nice location.

I looove the chair covers. I really want to do that but I am trying to not spend any more money. :cutie:

I am sure your experience will be fine at Davids. My consultant quit and I curse her every day!! lol Not really.

I really like your idea of the good bye breakfast at Stormalong. I am so excited to hear about it.

Keep the updates coming so I can find an excuse to not work :surfweb: and be more like:woohoo:

Til next time lady!

Thanks twin! The chair covers are 8.50 a seat, which isn't bad for us Escape brides. I liked how it looked, but I'm not paying for the wedding, so my mom agreed that she liked it too, so she decided. We're scrimping money elsewhere, so it all works out. Also, you're having a killer dinner, so it won't even be about chair covers with your guests. They won't even remember!

Here is a pic of the centerpieces my mom is doing, except all the same height, a bit healthier looking :lmao: , and pink.
redrosescenterpiece.jpg

I love your PJ so far!! Everything is great. I love your dress. Sounds like you are getting a lot of great stuff!! Congrats

Have you heard anything about the upgraded choices for Escape cakes yet?

Jennifer

I
The first one is my favorite and I can change the sash to either pink or aqua.
Frontoflaceinformal.jpg

Backoflaceinformal.jpg

This looks like the dress i'm getting from DB. Is it a David's dress?? I'd love to find someone else that may have it besides DB, just because of their reputation. ;)

Everything looks great. Sea Breeze Point is a beautiful place to have a wedding.

Hi! I just found your planning journal, and your plans all sound amazing! I love the idea of having breakfast at the Gazebo in Stormalong Bay! Do you happen to know how many people the location can hold?

Hi! I just found your planning journal, and your plans all sound amazing! I love the idea of having breakfast at the Gazebo in Stormalong Bay! Do you happen to know how many people the location can hold?

Thanks for reading. My WP told me about Stormalong bay and she says the Gazebo is never used... it looks like it could hold up to 50 people, maybe less. I can ask if you'd like...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter