Jif Peanut Butter Recall

donaldbuzz&minnie

Happy to be here!
DVC Silver
Just in case someone hasn't seen this - Some Jif peanut butter products are being recalled due to salmonella issues. I just happened to catch the news item, but I might not have, and I wouldn't have wanted to miss this.

Turns out my giant twin pack from Costco is on the recall list. :rolleyes2

Just in case someone hasn't seen this - Some Jif peanut butter products are being recalled due to salmonella issues. I just happened to catch the news item, but I might not have, and I wouldn't have wanted to miss this.

Turns out my giant twin pack from Costco is on the recall list. :rolleyes2
Thank you! I hadn't seen it yet, and I had 2 unopened jars.

I only saw through it out too.......my jars are on the list. From Costco, so 2 big ones. One is 3/4 gone,

Just looked @ the recall section on Costco they say return for a refund also:

Do not eat affected product; please throw unused product away and go to Costco for a full refund.
Consumers who have questions or would like to report adverse reactions should visit www.jif.com/contact-us or call 800-828-9980 Monday-Friday, 8AM-5PM Eastern.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this recall may have caused.

I only saw through it out too.......my jars are on the list. From Costco, so 2 big ones. One is 3/4 gone,
If that much has been consumed and no one has been sick the chances are it isn't contaminated. But it the numbers that appear just below the "is best by date" is between 1274425 in the first 7 digits and 2140425 than it is part of the recall any number after 2140425 is OK. If you have jars in that range 1274425 and 2140425 all you should need to do is return them to the store that you bought them from for a refund.

I have a brand new 2-pack of large jars from Sam’s Club that are included in the recall. Unfortunately they don’t state on their page that they are issuing refunds. :confused3

I have 3 jars from Walmart. Don't know if they're offering refunds or replacements. 2 of them are partially used.

I received a phone call (recorded message) from Costco. It said to dispose of the peanut butter and Costco will refund.

I would be surprised stores would want the peanut butter to be brought in. From what I read it said to clean any surfaces the peanut butter came in contact with.

Last edited:
My jar is on the recall list too. I'm not going to bother with the refund. Fortunately, I had just bought one jar.

I received a phone call (recorded message) from Costco. It said to dispose of the peanut butter and Costco will refund.

I would be surprised store's would want the peanut butter to be brought in. From what I read it said to clean any surfaces the peanut butter came in contact with.
I received the same phone call. My mom and I split the pack (one for each of us) but neither of us have opened the jars. I no longer have my Costco receipt, but I’m still planning on taking the unopened jars with me when go back for my refund. If they want me to toss them, I’m fine with that. I just wanted to take them since I no longer have a receipt.

From the recall info on the CDC website:
"J.M. Smucker Company has voluntarily recalled certain Jif brand peanut butter products that have the lot code numbers between 1274425 – 2140425, only if the first seven digits end with 425 (manufactured in Lexington, KY)."

The page also lists all the products that the recall applies to, plus their UPC codes. Even if you have an item on the list, it's only subject to recall if the lot code matches the above numbers.

What about the Jif packets at the Disney resorts. I just got back and ate a packet every morning. I seem fine, but should Disney take it off the counters?

Last edited:
I just tossed our 2nd jar from the big pack from Costco. The first jar was consumed with no issues but not taking any chances. We go through a big jar every 2 weeks.

Thanks for posting this, OP!

I had not heard about the recall, but read about it here. Turns out I have 2 jars on the recall list! Bought them when they were BOGO. Taking them back to Publix today.

Thanks for posting OP. Our jar is included but it's 3/4 gone so it's not really a worry for us. I'll just throw out the rest and go buy some Skippy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter